Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell of a game. Unfortunate to have 4 of our starters foul out and only one NW guy but that's the way it goes. Hudgins is an incredibly player and much respect to him. If only we could have sealed it at the line at the end but it is what it is. Here's to all our guys and coach coming back next year to get what's theirs. Good luck to NW the rest of the way I'll be cheering for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      The all-tournament team thing is so stupid. Northern should be able to just go to the locker room if they want to. I think it's completely inane to make the team that lost stand there while the team that won celebrates, just so one or two guys from the losing team can get their name announced for an award they most likely couldn't care less about in this moment.
      Yeah... agreed wholeheartedly and unfortunately with the liberal mindset this nation offers participation trophies aren't going away anytime soon.

Comment

• Comment

• I must be bad luck for Northern. Turned this on with 3 minutes left in regulation with Northern up 10. Then I thought I was listening to the song at the end of a Jason Bourne movie, "then they fell apart." Congrats to NW! Great regional final.

Comment

• #culturewins #basketballschool

Comment

• Very hard to digest this game. First, the officiating ruined flow and a great game. Two hours for regulation is ridiculous. Not saying they blew it for us as Northern, but us all as fans.

We heard about Northwest being able to do whatever they wanted offensively, their size, their shooting percentage...most of that fell apart, most of that, NSU did an excellent job of stopping. Tonight I saw Northern rebound, and make FTs and play the kind of tough, league leading defense they have all year, and for a few years.

9nce these whistles ran wild, I knew we were in trouble. They didn't just run wild, it was like a stereotypical night in Bemidji with 50+ fouls. It ruins a game, it ruins flow and it ruins what we came to see.

This was basically a d2 title game in my opinion, a thing I d8nt honestly expect from this crew. Sure I knew we'd be good but with the 17-18 team, I took time off well in advance for postseason because I was that sure (and I'm fairly pessimistic). So proud of these guys, so much fun to watch. Not as mad about losing as the foul stuff but just so happy they showed up and made such a great game of it.

Always going to be tough to win a game when four starters found out.

Now we wait for offaeason and see what rumors are true and what aren't. Could be a heckuva squad next year and reason to go watch that early season rematch or maybe it's a new era.

Either way, I love these guys and am thankful for what we got and look forward to a continued bright future.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Every team has one
                Yep

Comment

• Whew, that was close. About cancelled my hotel in Evansville when NW was down 11 with 2.5 minutes left. Great comeback at the end.

I know Dreamer came back in but he was not getting around good in the post game. Hope it's nothing too serious and he's able to get healthy enough to contribute at Elite 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                    #culturewins #basketballschool
                    Thanks for showing up on the basketball thread (doubt you know what that means) but enjoy your football posts. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                      I must be bad luck for Northern. Turned this on with 3 minutes left in regulation with Northern up 10. Then I thought I was listening to the song at the end of a Jason Bourne movie, "then they fell apart." Congrats to NW! Great regional final.
                      Dang it coach!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Unfortunately, the boards got fully erased a couple of summers ago, so there's no way to know. But I do remember that simple as a $3 bill had plenty of commentary on it.
                        I absolutely did, I hate that garbage. I will go back to my relationship with Parker as a high school ref, I had him 3 times over the course of his Jr./Sr. years, we got along great on the floor, yes I had to scold him a couple of times, but he calmed down. like it gas been said, you hate him if he's an opponent and you tolerate him if he's on your team. Remember Taylor Witt?

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                          Whew, that was close. About cancelled my hotel in Evansville when NW was down 11 with 2.5 minutes left. Great comeback at the end.

I know Dreamer came back in but he was not getting around good in the post game. Hope it's nothing too serious and he's able to get healthy enough to contribute at Elite 8.
                          You'll win the title, you don't need to say it, I will for you.

Zero doubt it my mind. This isn't a jinx thing, dead serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

I absolutely did, I hate that garbage. I will go back to my relationship with Parker as a high school ref, I had him 3 times over the course of his Jr./Sr. years, we got along great on the floor, yes I had to scold him a couple of times, but he calmed down. like it gas been said, you hate him if he's an opponent and you tolerate him if he's on your team. Remember Taylor Witt?
                            Why don't you ref some more, get into the NSIC scene and then we can all complain about you...but in unity.

Comment

Very hard to digest this game. First, the officiating ruined flow and a great game. Two hours for regulation is ridiculous. Not saying they blew it for us as Northern, but us all as fans.

We heard about Northwest being able to do whatever they wanted offensively, their size, their shooting percentage...most of that fell apart, most of that, NSU did an excellent job of stopping. Tonight I saw Northern rebound, and make FTs and play the kind of tough, league leading defense they have all year, and for a few years.

9nce these whistles ran wild, I knew we were in trouble. They didn't just run wild, it was like a stereotypical night in Bemidji with 50+ fouls. It ruins a game, it ruins flow and it ruins what we came to see.

This was basically a d2 title game in my opinion, a thing I d8nt honestly expect from this crew. Sure I knew we'd be good but with the 17-18 team, I took time off well in advance for postseason because I was that sure (and I'm fairly pessimistic). So proud of these guys, so much fun to watch. Not as mad about losing as the foul stuff but just so happy they showed up and made such a great game of it.
                              Agree on ruining the flow. Numerous NW players with 4 fouls and on the brink of fouling out. I don't have any issues with the calls or non-calls, it was just a complete lack of consistency. Touch foul called one time and then someone gets hammered and nothing.

Comment

You'll win the title, you don't need to say it, I will for you.

Zero doubt it my mind. This isn't a jinx thing, dead serious.
                                I'd feel better about it if I knew Dreamer will be healthy and able to play.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X