X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    None of the teams just outside the top 10 in RPI seem to have a good case to be ranked ahead of teams in the top 10; I'm more intrigued by teams a bit lower in RPI that have better wins (think Missouri Southern or Southwest Minnesota State).
    SMSU does have some impressive wins (Northern, Duluth, USF 2x), but they have lost 4 of their last 6 including a game to the worst team in the region. I don't see any way they make the regional outside of winning the conference tourney, which with their defense isn't completely out of the question but it is unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    None of the teams just outside the top 10 in RPI seem to have a good case to be ranked ahead of teams in the top 10; I'm more intrigued by teams a bit lower in RPI that have better wins (think Missouri Southern or Southwest Minnesota State).

Leave a comment:

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    There were several Central Region teams mentioned in the D2 Power Rankings on the NCAA website. I would be really curious to see how Nova SE style would play in the Central Region.
    I'd be fascinated by that as well. Watched a bit of them just to see for myself how they play and it's nothing new or crazy. Just lots of press and forced turnovers leading to easy buckets. Central Region is chock full of teams who do an outstanding job of taking care of the basketball. Does anyone really push the tempo in the region? No one in the GAC plays that way.

Leave a comment:

• Thepeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

I think most people are referencing Inkblot's work on Twitter, here is his weekly update on the Central Region:

https://twitter.com/InkblotSports/st...3GV4DXleQ&s=19
    Thank you, makes sense!

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

Where did you find these rankings? If you looked on the ncaa website, the rankings listed are from last season. Please let me know, thank you.
    I think most people are referencing Inkblot's work on Twitter, here is his weekly update on the Central Region:

https://twitter.com/InkblotSports/st...3GV4DXleQ&s=19

Leave a comment:

• Thepeman
    replied
    Probably the only question is who gets the final spot. I think 1-9 are pretty set, but does the committee give the last spot on the list to Southern Arkansas, Wayne St, Lincoln, or Ft Hays? I still don't understand the alphabetical order of the first rankings, especially this late in the season.
    Where did you find these rankings? If you looked on the ncaa website, the rankings listed are from last season. Please let me know, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Probably the only question is who gets the final spot. I think 1-9 are pretty set, but does the committee give the last spot on the list to Southern Arkansas, Wayne St, Lincoln, or Ft Hays? I still don't understand the alphabetical order of the first rankings, especially this late in the season.
    Easy out for the committee to not have to explain anything...not that they ever do anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    There were several Central Region teams mentioned in the D2 Power Rankings on the NCAA website. I would be really curious to see how Nova SE style would play in the Central Region.

Nova Southeastern (23-0) towers above an otherwise jam-packed Power 10 from Wayne Cavadi just ahead of the alphabetical regional rankings.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied
    Happy first regional rankings day. I guess today is "rankings" day, since it's just the teams under consideration in alphabetical order. Can't imagine there will be any surprises today since we've got Inkblot and his outstanding resources to give us a good idea of where everyone stands.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    NWMSU won/UCO today

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    NWMSU is now tied for 1st in the MIAA with UCO @ 15-2(22-2 overall while UCO is 21-2 overall).

Leave a comment:

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Hmmm- 4 down games cancelled games and a no contest that could’ve been a loss…what a weird noncon schedule.
    When you put it all together, it does appear very strange. It will be fascinating to see how the committee handles that if everything else remains very tight.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Hmmm- 4 down games cancelled games and a no contest that could’ve been a loss…what a weird noncon schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

Looks like four for UCO. Some of that is because their games up in Bismarck got canceled because of the travel issues caused by weather. So they quickly scheduled some NAIA to just get some games in before Hawaii.
    And their first game in Hawaii against Hawaii–Hilo was called with under eight minutes left due to water on the court. (UHH was ahead at the time.)

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X