X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by ChoHoopDad View Post

UCO has the half game lead because they beat NW head to head. MIAA regular season will come down to the rematch in Maryville.
    Actually, as Fanatic alluded to, they have the 1/2 game lead in the standings because they've played one more game and won it. 13-2 vs.12-2, but to your point, if they were tied, they would hold the tie breaker. The game in Maryville could loom large if we both hold serve the rest of the way. We have your nemesis (MoSo) to finish the season too.

Northwest has to beat Emporia tonight, which we haven't been able to do in the last 3 contests, for any of that to matter...
    Last edited by Alfred33; 02-02-2023, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ChoHoopDad
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    MSSU upset UCO in Edmond to give them their 2nd loss but they still have a 1/2 lead on NW as they’ve played 1 more MIAA game to date
    UCO has the half game lead because they beat NW head to head. MIAA regular season will come down to the rematch in Maryville.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Mustangs now need to win about 6 in a row to be back in consideration
    Really hoping they drop one of those. Specifically the one against us. And a few more wouldn't bum me out if it helps us claw our way up the standings.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Mustangs now need to win about 6 in a row to be back in consideration

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Central Region would be March 11-14. State B is March 16-18
    Glad I could casually pawn the hard work of actually looking off to someone else. If we still had rep points on here I would toss you some! Haha

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I haven't even looked but I would guess we are back on the "not able to host due to state B's cycle". But, I could be wrong.
    Central Region would be March 11-14. State B is March 16-18

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    If I were to have a vote in the current central region rankings, it would look like this:

1. UCO
    2. NWMSU
    3. NSU
    4. Moorhead
    5. Southern Nazarene
    6. Emporia St
    7. USF
    8. SE OK St
    9. Duluth
    10. MOSO

Northern is playing well right now, but even if they run the table and win 9 more in a row (a VERY tall task), I don’t think they will host the regional without help. UCO & NWMSU would both probably need to lose a couple games for the Wolves to leapfrog both of them.
    I haven't even looked but I would guess we are back on the "not able to host due to state B's cycle". But, I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    If I were to have a vote in the current central region rankings, it would look like this:

1. UCO
    2. NWMSU
    3. NSU
    4. Moorhead
    5. Southern Nazarene
    6. Emporia St
    7. USF
    8. SE OK St
    9. Duluth
    10. MOSO

Northern is playing well right now, but even if they run the table and win 9 more in a row (a VERY tall task), I don’t think they will host the regional without help. UCO & NWMSU would both probably need to lose a couple games for the Wolves to leapfrog both of them.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

Yesterday's upset was in Joplin, but it gave us the season sweep over the Bronchos. We are one of those bubble teams and have a lot of work to do to get in. But two wins over UCO will look good on the resume.
    My bad-I thought the game was in OK…still a huge win

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    As usual it’s looking like the competition at the central regional will be similar (or maybe better than) the competition at the elite 8

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    MSSU upset UCO in Edmond to give them their 2nd loss but they still have a 1/2 lead on NW as they’ve played 1 more MIAA game to date
    Yesterday's upset was in Joplin, but it gave us the season sweep over the Bronchos. We are one of those bubble teams and have a lot of work to do to get in. But two wins over UCO will look good on the resume.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    MSSU upset UCO to give them their 2nd loss but they still have a 1/2 game lead on NW as they’ve played 1 more MIAA game to date
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 02-02-2023, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Inkblot will have his work cut out for him this week in coming up with the central region bracketology. Many of the top 10 suffered losses this weekend and the bubble for the region is becoming quite crowded.
    Every week I somehow convince myself that the regional pictures are about to become clearer.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Inkblot will have his work cut out for him this week in coming up with the central region bracketology. Many of the top 10 suffered losses this weekend and the bubble for the region is becoming quite crowded.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

SNU could very well find themselves in the same awkward situation as SEOSU last year where they seemed to be in good position and got forced out by bid thieves.
    Good point

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X