X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

There was a year too where they let Colorado Christian in whom Winona absolutely annihilated, over Southwest who gave them competitive games. The NSIC was viewed as an undeserving substandard conference at the time.
    remember those snubs well.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    NWMSU/UC0/ESU all play each other once and maybe twice more(depending on MIAA Tourney bracket) before the Regional so current rankings of those 3 could definitely change.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    If I could remember how to embed a tweet I would, but our good friend Inkblot has updated his bracketology for this week and I've gotta say I'm quite surprised.

1. Central Oklahoma
    2. Northern St
    3. Moorhead
    4. Emporia St
    5. NW Missouri St
    6. USF
    7. Southern Nazarene
    8. SMSU

The numbers certainly do like NSU this year and 2 through 5 seem to be pretty closely bunched together. The 2 wins over Moorhead are undoubtedly what are keeping the Wolves this high. I would be surprised to see a 5-loss NSU over a 2-loss NWMSU. SMSU also gets a huge boost from beating Northern over the weekend. If I had to guess I would say Duluth and MO Southern would probably round out the regional rankings at this point.

Inkblot is a great follow if you like D2 sports.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Wouldn't know. Regional committee decided they wanted to see a 27-point non-conference drubbing with St Cloud over a conference matchup that produced two of Winona's closest games of the season...
    There was a year too where they let Colorado Christian in whom Winona absolutely annihilated, over Southwest who gave them competitive games. The NSIC was viewed as an undeserving substandard conference at the time.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Seems like a lifetime ago.
    Absolute peak NSIC hoops action during that era. Great crowds in multiple places, high level hoops. Miss it.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Wouldn't know. Regional committee decided they wanted to see a 27-point non-conference drubbing with St Cloud over a conference matchup that produced two of Winona's closest games of the season...

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Well that isn't true. Regional in Winona in 2007 we had 12 of us in our group alone and had to stand on the floor between as 12 year old kids section and the Courtside seat fans. They just never stopped letting people in. Really, really fun atmosphere though, miss those days.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

Covid and masks etc hampered attendance. The E8 that year was a hassle with mask mandate and waiting to get your temp taken just to get in the game plus they had limited seating allowed and separated people in the bleachers. It was a major hassle. I missed the Regional due to medical treatments. Were all those covid protocols in use there?
    I highly doubt it. I know the mask thing was on campus for awhile but I don't recall anything for that regional. I'd have to look back.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Certainly didn't bring that to Aberdeen
    Covid and masks etc hampered attendance. The E8 that year was a hassle with mask mandate and waiting to get your temp taken just to get in the game plus they had limited seating allowed and separated people in the bleachers. It was a major hassle. I missed the Regional due to medical treatments. Were all those covid protocols in use there?
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 01-16-2023, 06:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied

To be fair, that was also 2021 and there were still quite a few people unsure of traveling to large indoor arenas due to COVID.

I'd say fanatic is pretty close for other years. Sold out Sioux Falls in 16 national championship. I'd say close to 500 last year at regional final there. Have had a few hundred at elite 8 games in Evansville with 1000 or more for championship games.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Based on recent NW crowds at the Regionals (especially Sioux Falls in ‘16/‘22)I would expect at least 500 road tripping NW fans for the weekend games.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Based on recent NW crowds at the Regionals (especially Sioux Falls in ‘16/‘22)I would expect at least 500 road tripping NW fans for the weekend games.

Leave a comment:

• Gorilla John 92
    replied
    NW will travel well regardless of where the game is played.
    Since winning is a given at NW, I'm extremely jealous by the way, when you say well, what type of number are we talking about? 250 - 300 or we talking closer to 600-700? Just curious as I was not able to travel to any regional games but I did make it to Evansville for the natty in 2014.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    I don't think people are worried about Northwest...

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X