Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern State Wolves 2023-2024

Wolves got a commitment yesterday from Orono guard Isaiah Hagen. He is a crafty 6'4" guard that averaged around 23 ppg.

MN 3A all-tournament
    McDonalds finalist
    Was on the Mr. Basketball watch list.

Can't find much more other than was offered by Moorhead, then within 24 hours of announcing that it appears he was offered by Northern and then committed immediately, so we got that going for us.

I had heard from someone that Devon Booke from Arizona was going to he joining the team. If I remember he was a 6'7" scorer that was originally committed before (if I remember correctly) decided to do his two year mission. I could be slightly off. After two years, it'd be interesting if he has stayed in basketball shape.

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Wolves got a commitment yesterday from Orono guard Isaiah Hagen. He is a crafty 6'4" guard that averaged around 23 ppg.

MN 3A all-tournament
    McDonalds finalist

Can't find much more other than was offered by Moorhead, then within 24 hours of announcing that it appears he was offered by Northern and then committed immediately, so we got that going for us.
    I have an SCSU friend who lives in Hermantown and went to the state tourney game and spoke with Barry Wohler, Orono head coach and SCSU grad, afterwards and Barry told him he thought that he was going to st. cloud. So thank you Saul for flipping him.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

I have an SCSU friend who lives in Hermantown and went to the state tourney game and spoke with Barry Wohler, Orono head coach and SCSU grad, afterwards and Barry told him he thought that he was going to st. cloud. So thank you Saul for flipping him.
      Congrats everyone you can cross "Barry Wohler reference" off your D2MB Central Region BINGO card early this year! We did it!

Comment

MN 3A all-tournament
        McDonalds finalist

I had heard from someone that Devon Booke from Arizona was going to he joining the team. If I remember he was a 6'7" scorer that was originally committed before (if I remember correctly) decided to do his two year mission. I could be slightly off. After two years, it'd be interesting if he has stayed in basketball shape.
        This seems like a pretty good get for Northern. Saul hasn't had a ton of success as far as volume of contributors for incoming freshman, but he did get Moni and the jury is still out on Nhial whom I think has a pretty high ceiling. NSU has also had success with transfers the past few years (Masten, Dilling, KWB) so it will be interesting to see who comes in through the portal this year.

Booke would be an interesting add as well. I remember being intrigued when he committed out of high school as a 6'7" shooter. Hard to say what you would get after 2 years away, but athletic 6'7" guys are always welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

This seems like a pretty good get for Northern. Saul hasn't had a ton of success as far as volume of contributors for incoming freshman, but he did get Moni and the jury is still out on Nhial whom I think has a pretty high ceiling. NSU has also had success with transfers the past few years (Masten, Dilling, KWB) so it will be interesting to see who comes in through the portal this year.

Booke would be an interesting add as well. I remember being intrigued when he committed out of high school as a 6'7" shooter. Hard to say what you would get after 2 years away, but athletic 6'7" guys are always welcome.
          After seeing our bench contributions you'd think some of them took two years off as well...ha

Comment

After seeing our bench contributions you'd think some of them took two years off as well...ha
            I know I'm very much in the minority, but I still believe Longstreet can be a key contributor to a good team. He has just looked like a kid with zero confidence in most of his time in Aberdeen.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
              Congrats everyone you can cross "Barry Wohler reference" off your D2MB Central Region BINGO card early this year! We did it!
              I thought that that was only when it was done by Laker. :)

Comment

I know I'm very much in the minority, but I still believe Longstreet can be a key contributor to a good team. He has just looked like a kid with zero confidence in most of his time in Aberdeen.
                I do think there is something there with Trey but we have tonget it out of him. Saul was pretty high on Bergan in the radio show last week which would be an incredible surprise. Nhial, super high ceiling. Just not sure we see much else down the bench there.

Comment

MN 3A all-tournament
                  McDonalds finalist

Saw that Moorhead was recently after him. Hard to know what is going on behind the scenes. It’s possible that Moorhead only offered partial scholarship, etc. Unlikely, Hagen would have made such a decision otherwise ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Saw that Moorhead was recently after him. Hard to know what is going on behind the scenes. It’s possible that Moorhead only offered partial scholarship, etc. Unlikely, Hagen would have made such a decision otherwise ;)
                    Yeah, why would he want to come play in some of the best facilities with some of the best fans in D2 when he could play in that empty shed in Moorhead...

Comment

Yeah, why would he want to come play in some of the best facilities with some of the best fans in D2 when he could play in that empty shed in Moorhead...
                      Msum back-to-back nsic tourney champs…

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Msum back-to-back nsic tourney champs…
                        That's cute. Almost as impressive as 4 consecutive regular season AND tourney champs and 5 out of the last 6 regular season champions.

Comment

That's cute. Almost as impressive as 4 consecutive regular season AND tourney champs and 5 out of the last 6 regular season champions.
                          I can't do this in March...thanks for stepping up. Lol

Comment

Ok we for KWB at point, Gus and Dilling, Moni, Nhial? As starting five? Hagen will definitely play right away. Jury is out on Devon. Really excited to see what Tobi has. Without some cuts (plenty we could cut) or redshirts we have a full roster. Really hoping there is one more in the portal we can grab, preferably a mobile 3/4. If not, a true post. We are probably OK in guard play.

Noah Christensen is a kid who I hope the Wolves will lock into. Committed to the Bison, left due to mental health, had a great season for NDSCS, ties to Hillcrest Lutheran (whom we have another player from) and originally told the Wolves no back in the day due to being set on D1 (so I'm told).

Saul cares too much about his guys so that would help with why lingering mental health and the kid is incredibly versatile. IDK if it's in play but if he ends up on an NSIC roster, look out.
                            Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-31-2023, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Ancient history…all I can remember is last two games of nsu most recent season. Ouch…tough way to end it. :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X