Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

KWC is passing every eye test possible right now. They have quickness, shooters, good size inside, excellent depth when you consider we lost a recruit before the season began. I have been antsy about the regional ratings and how they will look at us, but not any more. I believe this KWC squad can beat any team in Division II regardless of the location. We still have to be more consistent in several areas like delivering the ball inside when the bigs are open, but overall it's hard not to be impressed with how Happy has pulled this team together.

Comment

The KWC bigs are not 6'11" and fumbling with the ball, while passively standing around the basket. They all are coordinated with good skills. It seems like every game one of them will bust out, like Williams did against AB. They have four bigs with not just size, but athleticism as well.

You cannot make a run in the GLVC tournament without quality bigs and 3 point shooters. The same goes in the regional tournament.

I am really proud of this year's team. This is Happy's best year, and his most talented team. Every game the new players are learning and getting better. Bosley and Jacks have outstanding court presence. They do what needs to be done to win on both ends of the court.

The guards are handling the ball better. The assist to turnover ratio is improving and so is their defense.

Practices have to be going well. The sky is the limit this season if they can stay healthy. This is the most improved team in one season I have seen at Wesleyan in a long time. They are also becoming a great defensive team. The players have caught on to Happy's style.

Comment

The defensive intensity this team brings to is ramping up each game. We knew KWC could score, but wondered about playing good defense. I think they have answered those questions. I don't like ifs and buts, but if those games played in November were played today, I think it's a fair statement to say KWC would likely be unbeaten. Don't forget KWC had the lead over USI with less than five minutes remaining in the game and the game was played in Evansville. And that was without Harris. And that was with a team that was still trying to find chemistry. That's why I say I am confident this team will get the job done in March in the regional, regardless of where it is played.

Comment

The fans have taken notice with over 3,000 showing up for yesterday's game. I like the delayed broadcast and how it gives KWC exposure all over the region. We're the only D-2 in the area getting televised like this on Time Warner.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
            The fans have taken notice with over 3,000 showing up for yesterday's game. I like the delayed broadcast and how it gives KWC exposure all over the region. We're the only D-2 in the area getting televised like this on Time Warner.
            You are right. Brad Moore is an outstanding administrator. These games already scheduled are great, but I am assuming the athletic department is using these delayed broadcasts to determine if they are helping or hurting the program financially. They helped a lot in the AB game and the attendance more than paid for the promotional investment

Local fans enjoy going to the games and watching them later on the local Time Warner channel. The athletic department is doing it's job.

I hope they can do it for football. Attendance at the football games drastically dropped off after the program left the GLVC. The football team will have a good conference in the Fall, and their attendance should start to really improve. Coach Holsclaw will need to make more money for the program. He should be able to bring in some special players for the first full season of G-MAC play.

Comment

Hard to believe AB is considered one of the top teams in conference, can't wait to get more competitive teams next year

Comment

Lots of really good players out of AB line up. They have lots of players seeing time on floor that would be on their club team if they were at full strength .

Comment

In some ways this team reminds me of the 2003-04 KWC team. That team under Ray Harper was unfairly harassed by the GLVC commissioner and we had to play the GLVC Tournament without one of our better players and still won the thing despite everyone bad mouthing the team. I get the feeling this team can do the same thing in the regional, the bad mouthing we have heard about our schedule and everything else could be a motivating factor for Happy just like Ray used the GLVC commissioner in 2004.

Comment

I remember that. It is too bad the investigations never get investigated.

Comment

Not that it means much but KWC is up to #17 in today's poll.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                        Not that it means much but KWC is up to #17 in today's poll.
                        Can someone explain to me why the regional rankings are not in line with the national poll?? Ex last year seeding.

Comment

The easy answer is because the national poll means nothing. It is essentially something for message boards to talk about and argue. It has no effect on the regional rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            The easy answer is because the national poll means nothing. It is essentially something for message boards to talk about and argue. It has no effect on the regional rankings.
                            I realize that , my point is that it should. It should be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                              Can someone explain to me why the regional rankings are not in line with the national poll?? Ex last year seeding.
                              National poll don't make no difference with the regional committee, it's a useless propaganda tool that means zilch. KWC just needs to focus on winning. The way KWC is playing they will beat whoever is the No. 1 seed and everyone else, this team playing good and getting better. I had hoped for a 2-3 seed but everyone here has convinced me KWC will be a 6 seed. Thats ok as we will stay out of the No. 1 seed bracket and only face them in the finals.

Comment

Different people voting with different levels of exposure to the teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X