Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
    It's about time the NCAA allows college players to be paid for using thier names. Thank You California.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/29/77443...llege-athletes
    Liberal states leading the way yet again....

Let the kids get paid. I mean the payroll at Alabamastan is pretty good.

If the kids in college get paid, then the NFL should institute a rule that no college player can get drafted until they either turn 22 or finish 4 years on a college roster...whichever comes first. Too many kids leave school too early...stay...get your education...and then when you are getting paid in college...take out insurance on yourself in the event of injury. This isn't rocket science.

Comment

• Former NFL great Earl Campbell seems convinced that skin pigmentation leads to better QB play. I know Belichick is sad he's had to get by with Brady for all these years, when he could have had Vince Young. Earl's comments of course are not racist, since he is black.

https://www.hookem.com/2019/10/30/bo...k-quarterback/

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        Former NFL great Earl Campbell seems convinced that skin pigmentation leads to better QB play. I know Belichick is sad he's had to get by with Brady for all these years, when he could have had Vince Young. Earl's comments of course are not racist, since he is black.

Earl must have swallowed too much Skoal over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Earl must have swallowed too much Skoal over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
            Former NFL great Earl Campbell seems convinced that skin pigmentation leads to better QB play. I know Belichick is sad he's had to get by with Brady for all these years, when he could have had Vince Young. Earl's comments of course are not racist, since he is black.

Because only black quarterbacks can be successfully mobile of course...Johnny Manziel and Baker Mayfield were not available for comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

Because only black quarterbacks can be successfully mobile of course...Johnny Manziel and Baker Mayfield were not available for comment.
              Manziel sure isn't available and Mayfield stormed away from the podium when he was asked a question the other day, so...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Liberal states leading the way yet again....

Let the kids get paid. I mean the payroll at Alabamastan is pretty good.

If the kids in college get paid, then the NFL should institute a rule that no college player can get drafted until they either turn 22 or finish 4 years on a college roster...whichever comes first. Too many kids leave school too early...stay...get your education...and then when you are getting paid in college...take out insurance on yourself in the event of injury. This isn't rocket science.
                Alabama has an unfair recruiting advantage over schools from California. Electricity in the dorm rooms.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Alabama has an unfair recruiting advantage over schools from California. Electricity in the dorm rooms.
                  Until this profit thing kicks into high gear. If a player has a choice between playing in LA or Tuscaloosa in an NCAA that allows you to profit off your likeness, is he going to choose to play in a city that gets him more noticed by corporations? Or is he going to play for a program more likely to play for a championship but is located in Podunk, Alabama? I get the feeling this move will make USC, UCLA, Cal, Miami, etc. into powerhouses.
                  Last edited by BeachinLaker; 10-31-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Manziel sure isn't available and Mayfield stormed away from the podium when he was asked a question the other day, so...
                    Emphasis on the stormed away. He's quick and agile - able to dodge reporters and escape the podium untouched.

Comment

And Russell Wilson.....

Comment

Until this profit thing kicks into high gear. If a player has a choice between playing in LA or Tuscaloosa in an NCAA that allows you to profit off your likeness, is he going to choose to play in a city that gets him more noticed by corporations? Or is he going to play for a program more likely to play for a championship but is located in Podunk, Alabama? I get the feeling this move will make USC, UCLA, Cal, Miami, etc. into powerhouses.
                        I think a bit of that happens to some extent already, albeit without pay. The contacts these athletes make serve them well in their professional life.

Comment

• Unbeaten Ap State loses to rival GA Southern at home 24-21.

Unbeaten Baylor tops West Virginia 17-14. 8-0.

Comment

• Comment

• And SMU lost at Memphis.

I was a bit upset at something that I heard though about Oregon, as both they and LSU had close games with Auburn. LSU's was at home, Oregon's was at a "neutral site" in SEC country. They were saying LSU beating Auburn gave them a leg up on Oregon if they lose to Alabama, not factoring in home/road at all.

I hope the committee doesn't think that way at all, just like the one for Basketball where for example Michigan State losing at Arizona would be seen differently than losing to them at home.

Comment

• Poor choice in the first place. FSU acted like the guy was some savior for a couple weak turn-arounds in the past. Signs with Oregon and stays one year. There are a lot of a**hole coaches out there who don't care about the players; only the alleged prestige and $$. Good riddance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X