Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

The NCAA nor the Daddy Warbucks advertisers do not want Baylor nor Minnesota in the playoffs, they'll justify leaving them out.
    And Minnesota would have a win over Ohio State at that point too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

And Minnesota would have a win over Ohio State at that point too.
      If the Gophers went unbeaten and topped the mighty Buckeyes, I'd buy chocolate milk for the whole board. One year for homecoming the theme was OHHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE. A larger older man with a booming voice stood up after the Gophers took the lead and led the cheer, "Cigarette ashes, cigarette butts, we've got Woody by the nuts." Unfortunately, the Horse Chestnuts came back to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

If the Gophers went unbeaten and topped the mighty Buckeyes, I'd buy chocolate milk for the whole board. One year for homecoming the theme was OHHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE. A larger older man with a booming voice stood up after the Gophers took the lead and led the cheer, "Cigarette ashes, cigarette butts, we've got Woody by the nuts." Unfortunately, the Horse Chestnuts came back to win.
        I have a feeling Utah had won at USC or Oregon against Auburn they'd still have Georgia in front of them. I'd be all for the Gophers being undefeated getting in over the Pac-12 teams of god forbid to the daddy warbucks Alabama.

Comment

Remaining Undefeated Teams: ACC: 1, Big 12: 1, Big Ten: 2, SEC: 1, total: 5
          Clemson
          Baylor
          Minnesota
          Ohio State
          Louisiana State

1-loss Teams: ACC: 0, American: 4, Big 12: 1, Big Ten: 1, Conference USA: 1, Mountain West: 1, PAC-12: 2, SEC: 2, Sun Belt: 1, total: 12
          Cincinnati
          Louisiana Tech
          Oregon
          Utah
          Navy
          Georgia
          Memphis
          Boise State
          Oklahoma
          Appalachian State
          Southern Methodist
          Alabama
          Penn State

Remaining Winless Teams: Conference USA: 1, MAC: 1, independents: 1, total: 3
          Rice
          Akron
          New Mexico State
          Could this be the year when four undefeated teams are left standing? Baylor, the winner of the Minnesota/Ohio State Game, LSU and Clemson would be interesting, with four of the five power conferences represented.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Could this be the year when four undefeated teams are left standing? Baylor, the winner of the Minnesota/Ohio State Game, LSU and Clemson would be interesting, with four of the five power conferences represented.
            LSU will lose in the SEC championship just to make everything complicated. Then some team will get left out and all their fans will be pissed off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I have a feeling Utah had won at USC or Oregon against Auburn they'd still have Georgia in front of them. I'd be all for the Gophers being undefeated getting in over the Pac-12 teams of god forbid to the daddy warbucks Alabama.
              I'm too worried about Iowa this week to worry about Northwestern, then Wisconsin. After a half a century of disappointments I'm hoping to bring home Floyd of Rosedale next. That famous Governor's Victory Bell in now safe in UMTC along with the $5 Bits of Broken Chair. No one has more trophy games than the Gophers and those two are absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

I'm too worried about Iowa this week to worry about Northwestern, then Wisconsin. After a half a century of disappointments I'm hoping to bring home Floyd of Rosedale next. That famous Governor's Victory Bell in now safe in UMTC along with the $5 Bits of Broken Chair. No one has more trophy games than the Gophers and those two are absolutely ridiculous.
                I think the Broken Chair one is awesome. I appreciate that it wasn't corporate-driven but arose organically, and now they're using it to raise money for charity.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huske...2246aeff0.html
                Last edited by GrifFan; 11-11-2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Nice, laker (stuck in frigid Mini-Soda with nuthin' better to do). Now if we only knew who half of the logos belonged to we'd be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Nice, laker (stuck in frigid Mini-Soda with nuthin' better to do). Now if we only knew who half of the logos belonged to we'd be fine.
                      I don't know some of the NAIA ones. Might miss a D3 one. I'm good on most of the other levels.

I once made a bet with a guy that I could name at least 122 of the 125 (at the time) FBS teams, their nicknames and colors, for $5. Got all 125. He handed over the money and told me that I deserved it.

Comment

I don't know some of the NAIA ones. Might miss a D3 one. I'm good on most of the other levels.

I once made a bet with a guy that I could name at least 122 of the 125 (at the time) FBS teams, their nicknames and colors, for $5. Got all 125. He handed over the money and told me that I deserved it.
                        Then tell us!!! The left coast "C". The south Tejas purple knight. The "D" in the far northeast etc., etc. Thank you.
                        Last edited by Clean Liver; 11-12-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Then tell us!!! The left coast "C". The south Tejas purple knight. The "D" in the fat northeast etc., etc. Thank you.
                          The purple one for the NW is College of Idaho.

The Cali school is Chapman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

The purple one for the NW is College of Idaho.

The Cali school is Chapman.
                            Okay, two down. I still see at least six I don't recognize.

Comment

Okay, two down. I still see at least six I don't recognize.
                              I am not a mind reader, and I think there are only a few mind readers on the board. Maybe they can help you.

Comment

• Today I learned there are three undefeated NAIA teams in the state of Iowa, with two of them (Morningside and Northwestern) scheduled to play in the regular season finale Saturday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X