Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

"Spring Schizophrenia" doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well.
    Besides...Can't use Schizophrenia or the Woke Police will de-platform you! Come to think of it...MAYBE the Woke Cops should go after the NCAA for the use of Madness??

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Besides...Can't use Schizophrenia or the Woke Police will de-platform you! Come to think of it...MAYBE the Woke Cops should go after the NCAA for the use of Madness??
      Not quite the direction I was going with my joke, but sure...

Comment

There is something dad jokish about us older guys using slang. Like if I used slang and said to my grandson...No cap, them NPC's delulu if they think they gonna stop us. Coach lettin' us cook tonight! My grandson would look at me like I'm craycray!!
        Yeah, but I admit that I fall into that trap too often. Kinda like dropping f bombs. I can cuss with the worst of them, but hardly think about any 4letter words in most conversations. I guess it's like someone being bilingual. LOL

Comment

There is something dad jokish about us older guys using slang. Like if I used slang and said to my grandson...No cap, them NPC's delulu if they think they gonna stop us. Coach lettin' us cook tonight! My grandson would look at me like I'm craycray!!
          Agreed if it’s slang that was created by their own generation, but I’ve used the term Natty yrs before my kids were even a thought much less my grandkids

Comment

Originally posted by BisonOL View Post

Agreed if it’s slang that was created by their own generation, but I’ve used the term Natty yrs before my kids were even a thought much less my grandkids
            trends/slang is tricky. Old things do have a way of turning back up. I made the mistake of wearing somthing that was trendy back when I was 20 and had returned to being cool again. My granddaughter told me in no uncertain terms that I was never to wear that again!!! I told her that I wore it in my 20's and since it was cool again, it would be OK. She said, yea, it's cool...but NOT for an old man. Made me look like I was trying to hard to be cool.

Comment

trends/slang is tricky. Old things do have a way of turning back up. I made the mistake of wearing somthing that was trendy back when I was 20 and had returned to being cool again. My granddaughter told me in no uncertain terms that I was never to wear that again!!! I told her that I wore it in my 20's and since it was cool again, it would be OK. She said, yea, it's cool...but NOT for an old man. Made me look like I was trying to hard to be cool.
              Anyone younger has no room to talk about what anyone else wears. Have they looked at that generation? Like what doesn't go? Besides, I thought we're not suppose to judge, right? ;-)

Comment

I'm gen x. We can't talk trash on clothes. Those neon colored Jimmy Z's, stone washed cut offs, checkered vans, and mullets didn't stand the test of time.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

"Spring Schizophrenia" doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well.
                  I agree. Try saying it five times fast.

​​​​​​
                  Last edited by crixus; 03-21-2024, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I agree. Try saying it five times fast.

​​​​​​
                    Saying it five times fast might be enough to cause it lol

Comment

Since it's Portal Season ... "With that being said ..."

Comment

I know...... right?

Comment

The one phrase I hear a lot that bugs me is "The game isn't what it used to be". Like, I get it, some modern aspect of sports is kind of annoying to me personally. But stuff can't stay the same forever; someone is bound to do something different to get an advantage.

Comment

Coaches and players use them all the time, but when fan's use them, they just sound so stupid! My favorites (meaning the ones I HATE):

Chip (Championship)
                            High football (or basketball) IQ
                            Natty (National title)
                            That's why they play the game
                            It is what it is
                            Dropping dimes

What other ones did I miss??
                            "Dub" short for the letter W
                            just say win

Comment

New term to become tired of QUICKLY;

Torque

Seems like every defensive lineman/LB drafted thus far (Round 1-3) has "Tremendous lower body torque."

I'm already tired of it and I first heard it yesterday!!!

Comment

New term to become tired of QUICKLY;

Torque

Seems like every defensive lineman/LB drafted thus far (Round 1-3) has "Tremendous lower body torque."

I'm already tired of it and I first heard it yesterday!!!
                                Buzz words are critical. They make people that try too hard feel important :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X