Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW.....what a win! This win REALLY helps Frostburg St recruiting-wise here in the state of Maryland. Guys that Shepherd and Fairmont St usually battle over will now have to deal with Frostburg State.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
      Frostburg @ Fairmont state My final Score Prediction. Frostburg 35 - Fairmont 31
      You were close on your prediction! :)

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

You were close on your prediction! :)
        I knew if we were going to win we were going to eke it out at the last second. didnt think double OT

Comment

Ahhhh!! That's true. In my enthusiasim having BOTH "my" teams win last night, I forgot about the whole three year thing. They can still win the conference though!

Side question, I wonder if Frostburg goes say 9-2 on the season if they might get an invitation to one of those "DII Bowl Games?" May not be the playoffs, but some people on other boards crow about them.

Second question...I wonder if Frostburg could be regionally ranked? I think the rule is that they can't participate in the playoffs. Don't think it says anything about the Regional Rankings.

Comment

WOW.....what a win! This win REALLY helps Frostburg St recruiting-wise here in the state of Maryland. Guys that Shepherd and Fairmont St usually battle over will now have to deal with Frostburg State.
            Bowie State too. Frostburg's success in D2 will probably effect Bowie the most.

Comment

Only thing we can win are conference titles which by year 3 we will be competing for

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Bowie State too. Frostburg's success in D2 will probably effect Bowie the most.
                Bowie St continues to win, and they are currently ranked. Will be difficult to compete with them, especially since Bowie State's tuition is lower than Frostburg.

Comment

Bowie St continues to win, and they are currently ranked. Will be difficult to compete with them, especially since Bowie State's tuition is lower than Frostburg.
                  Bowie typically only recruits PG county and to a lesser extent, the Baltimore area (not that they don't get the occasional MD player from elsewhere). Frostburg has a great swath of MD down to the northern DC suburbs and across the MD/PA border were they will be ULTRA competative vs out of state teams that have traditionally recruited in those areas. As out of state teams have shown in the past, these areas produce really good players.

Comment

Our in state tuition is cheaper then Bowie. 22k on average vs 18k on average now most of Bowie students commute from home so that helps with costs

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
                      Our in state tuition is cheaper then Bowie. 22k on average vs 18k on average now most of Bowie students commute from home so that helps with costs
                      PG is a very good football county. Many good players there. But it is economically depressed. As you point out, they get quite a few of their recruits because they can't afford to pay R&B for an out of county college. Similar with Baltimore players...jump on 95 or the BW Parkway and they are home in less than 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

PG is a very good football county. Many good players there. But it is economically depressed. As you point out, they get quite a few of their recruits because they can't afford to pay R&B for an out of county college. Similar with Baltimore players...jump on 95 or the BW Parkway and they are home in less than 30 minutes.
                        In addition to that Bowie State has a commuter rail station right on it's campus... technically it may not be physically on campus property, but it's right there for people that either can't or don't want to drive to Bowie

Comment

I'm a bit late to looking at the BOBCATS recent success in football so if someone could explain how a nothing program prior to'16 all of a sudden takes off. Presumably in D3 it wasn't scholarships. Did the arrival of DELANE FITZGERALD from SVU really make all the difference or has there been a significant boost in funding? Their MBB program still looks to be not good. Any FROSTBURG STATE fans have any insight? It actually is a very easy ride from CAL U for all D2 sports.

Comment

Comment

Good luck to you. Hope the VULCANS can make the short hop to BOBCATS STADIUM in the not too distant future.

Comment

Whys is that? I'm not hip to the D3 to D2 transition as far as post season eligibility goes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X