Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach Fitzgerald is the MEC Coach of the Year...and you can BOOK IT!!

Comment

Called it

Comment

Frostburg is the real deal. Congrats to the Bobcats! Love seeing teams from Maryland succeed.

Is the talent gap between Division 2 and Division 3 football narrower than I thought? Because I expected Frostburg to struggle hard for a few years in D2. Hell, I would have expected Mount Union, Wisconsin-Whitewater, and or Mary Hardin Baylor to struggle if they were inserted into D2 as well. We're at a point now where Frostburg winning the MEC in year one appears to be a real possibility.

Comment

Mount union would run d2 or at least be a top 10 team

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
            Frostburg is the real deal. Congrats to the Bobcats! Love seeing teams from Maryland succeed.

Is the talent gap between Division 2 and Division 3 football narrower than I thought? Because I expected Frostburg to struggle hard for a few years in D2. Hell, I would have expected Mount Union, Wisconsin-Whitewater, and or Mary Hardin Baylor to struggle if they were inserted into D2 as well. We're at a point now where Frostburg winning the MEC in year one appears to be a real possibility.

You have to see what they do against Charleston and, in particular, ND. FSU hasn't exactly played a tough schedule so far in the very top heavy MEC.

The bottom of D2 is basically D3. ND will give you a true idea of what level they are at.

West Liberty and those teams are a far cry from the top D2 teams.

They are having a good year. But the D2/D3 comments may not be in the right context. With Shepherd gone and aside from ND, the MEC is a pretty light football conference.

Comment

Top to bottom the MEC is one of the worst football conferences in all of D2. Especially now that Shepherd is gone. We are a really good basketball conference though. Not sure about other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
                Mount union would run d2 or at least be a top 10 team
                VALDOSTA, NWMSU, GVSU, ASHLAND, FERRIS ST, MINN ST, MINN DUL et all. Let's say MT U would dominate SR1 but what that mean after all.
                That said FROSTBURG does seem like it made a good move into a middle of the road league, perhaps excepting NDC.
                Last edited by CALUPA69; 10-06-2019, 11:34 AM. Reason: Additional info.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

VALDOSTA, NWMSU, GVSU, ASHLAND, FERRIS ST, MINN ST, MINN DUL et all. Let's say MT U would dominate SR1 but what that mean after all.
                  That said FROSTBURG does seem like it made a good move into a middle of the road league, perhaps excepting NDC.
                  From what i've seen at the D2 level MU is by far a better team then anyone we've played yet. They would have mopped the floor with Fairmont. I will have to see Notre Dame College play before i make an opinion on them. MU would be a top tier team at the D2 level IMO.

Comment

From what i've seen at the D2 level MU is by far a better team then anyone we've played yet. They would have mopped the floor with Fairmont. I will have to see Notre Dame College play before i make an opinion on them. MU would be a top tier team at the D2 level IMO.
                    Don't know if you've followed D2 on this message board prior to FROSTBURG joining the MEC. If not you should know that SR1 is considered a non factor in the broader world of D2 football. Though several teams, most notably IUP and NDC, have played well this region is the only one of the 4 SR that has never won the NC. Don't draw a lot from success in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Don't know if you've followed D2 on this message board prior to FROSTBURG joining the MEC. If not you should know that SR1 is considered a non factor in the broader world of D2 football. Though several teams, most notably IUP and NDC, have played well this region is the only one of the 4 SR that has never won the NC. Don't draw a lot from success in this area.
                      Duly Noted!

Comment

Yawn, What a boring week

Comment

Yawn, What a boring week
                          It's a boring week because Frostburg has WVa Wesleyan. And that should be a fairly easy win for the Bobcats. However, I am sure Coach Fitz won't allow them to think this way.

Comment

Comment

I was out and about most of the day and missed the game. It looks like WVa Wesleyan gave Frostburg a little battle. A up next is their 4th and final Thursday Night game against Charleston.

Comment

Our offense decided that they wanted to play down to West Virginia Wesleyan. They played well and have us their best shot but in the second half we finally got our heads on right and played. If we play like we did last week Charleston is going to have a field day

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X