Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Think that could only happen if Frostburg wins the rest of their MEC games and WV State ended up losing 2 of their remaining MEC games.
    I don't think the MEC uses head to head result as a tie breaker. If you finish with the same conference record as WV State, even if WV State owns the HtoH, I believe you are co-Champions.

I could be wrong on this.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Maybe it will be this year, maybe 5 years from now but when FSU takes home that SR 1 title and moves on to the semis, please don't be surprised when you find out why the region is thought of as the weakest of the four. I've fought this fight with fans of teams from all over but sadly NO SR1 team has ever had my back.....YET. It's coming , I'll say within 5 years. Total wild guess
      Won't be this year (or the two following). Frostburg is not eligible for the playoffs because they are reclassifying. Given how they are playing, that's probably a good thing for the rest of SR1!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        Won't be this year (or the two following). Frostburg is not eligible for the playoffs because they are reclassifying. Given how they are playing, that's probably a good thing for the rest of SR1!!
        Agreed. Keep forgetting about their status. Getting old sucks. Definitely look like a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Agreed. Keep forgetting about their status. Getting old sucks. Definitely look like a force to be reckoned with.
          Staying power is the MEC's problem. Over the years there have been a few programs that have built top tier programs, but then graduation catches up with them and they fall pretty hard. I think Frostburg has "sticking power" and I think they will be very good for a while. Also feel that way with Notre Dame. UC seems to be a team that is always in the "second tier" of the MEC (8-3/7-4 territory). Every now and then they have a "bump up" season though. By and large, they seem consistently good but not consistently great. Same with Fairmont (except this year!!)...typically good but not great. Beyond that, everyone else is super erratic...some years "ok" (6-5 sort of OK) and then others really bad without much rime or reason to it. What you do get a lot in the MEC is a bottom feeding team playing the game of their lives against a top team and giving that team an unexpected loss that knocks them out of the playoffs. MEC team with two losses is not going to make the playoffs.

Comment

Well at least the MEC.

Comment

I don't think the MEC uses head to head result as a tie breaker. If you finish with the same conference record as WV State, even if WV State owns the HtoH, I believe you are co-Champions.

I could be wrong on this.
              That's the way it is for most sports in the MEC. They use head-to-head for seeding purposes in sports with post-season tournaments but the regular season champions are recognized as the conference champions for that year. If two (or more) teams finish with the same record at the top of the final standings, they are co-champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Well at least the MEC.
                As the MEC goes, so goes SR1.

Comment

Who would've thought that an early November matchup between Frostburg and NDC would have such huge implications for the 2019 MEC championship?

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                      Who would've thought that an early November matchup between Frostburg and NDC would have such huge implications for the 2019 MEC championship?
                      LOL...not I. I thought Frostburg would compete with the middle--rank of the conference, and beat a couple of the bottom-rank of the conference, and probably take a good licking from the top of the rankings. But NEVER thought that this coming Saturday at Frostburg they could be playing for a share of the conference lead against Notre Dame. I may have to clear my schedule and make the trip. Extremely proud of Coach Fitz, his entire staff, and his players. At least Boatcapt thought they could win 5-6 games. I thought he was crazy, but he proved me wrong.

Comment

• Damn do I get any credit?

Comment

• I just want Frostburg to come out, compete, and do not give up until the final whistle. I don't think Frostburg's rushing defense is all that stout, so they are going to have major trouble stopping Notre Dame's offensive running game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
                            Damn do I get any credit?
                            LOL....my apologies....what were your prediction right before the decision started??

Comment

• Somewhere I had 6-5

Comment

• Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
                                Somewhere I had 6-5
                                Well you ALSO proved me wrong. I thought MAYBE 4 win max! So proud of them guys!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X