Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live on MASN is a pretty big deal. That's the network of the Nationals and Orioles. Lot's of potential eyeballs in Frostburgs prime recruiting areas!

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

This was huge in our discussions but ultimately as a public school, we could not compete with the private schools, especially the really good ones playing who dole out "Academic Scholorships" to kids with a 2.2 gpa and 800 SAT scores.

Salisbury will be making the jump to D1 soon because of their LAX and Field Hockey Programs. You heard it here first!
      Can't be a D-1 school with a 2500 capacity stadium. They would have to upgrade a whole lot.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Can't be a D-1 school with a 2500 capacity stadium. They would have to upgrade a whole lot.
        The Georgetown Hoyas proved that to be false lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

I guess that is why they are a non-athletic-scholarship football program. I wonder will Salisbury follow suit to go D-1....

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Also Duquesne is listed as having a field with a capacity of 2200

Comment

Truly don't understand why schools like Duquesne and Georgetown waste so much money on football. The private school model for FCS football should be something like VILLANOVA (12,500 cap) or JAMES MADISON (24,877 cap). These are very solid programs who usually are in the running for their division NC. Not pretending with teams that would not be assured of a D2 playoff spot. In the NYC area where I live both ST JOHN and HOFSTRA had reasonable teams with good facilities, but realized that they were not spending the money wisely and made the decision to focus on other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I guess that is why they are a non-athletic-scholarship football program. I wonder will Salisbury follow suit to go D-1....
                I'd doubt Salisbury would even be capable of following the "Georgetown model." Just soooooo many reasons but chief among them is B A S K E T B A L L!!!! Basketball at Georgetown dominates athletics for the Hoyas. And I'm not talking about by a little bit either. All other sports take seats in the back of the Georgetown sports bus...no, wait, other sports at Georgetown are not even aloud ON the same bus as Georgetown basketball...HECK, they aren't even aloud to use the same road as Georgetown basketball.

I don't think Salisbury has any sport that dominates their sport land scape like Georgetown basketball dominates the Hoya landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I'd doubt Salisbury would even be capable of following the "Georgetown model." Just soooooo many reasons but chief among them is B A S K E T B A L L!!!! Basketball at Georgetown dominates athletics for the Hoyas. And I'm not talking about by a little bit either. All other sports take seats in the back of the Georgetown sports bus...no, wait, other sports at Georgetown are not even aloud ON the same bus as Georgetown basketball...HECK, they aren't even aloud to use the same road as Georgetown basketball.

I don't think Salisbury has any sport that dominates their sport land scape like Georgetown basketball dominates the Hoya landscape.
                  The MD Eastern Shore already has a D1 program. UMES. LOL.

Salisbury would be an ideal candidate for D2. D1 is a pretty big reach. As discussed previously, though, they have a geography issue with what D2 conference they'd join. Those would be some awfully long road trips.

Comment

UMES a D1 program...Yea, that's a good joke!!!

They would be a really good DII just as Frostburg seems to be showing. But for it to happen some pretty major other things would need to take place. In the MEC's case, they would probably need to add a couple of other programs in Southeastern PA/Northern MD and then divide the conf in east/west divisions. For argument sake, say the MEC added Stevenson MD and Lincoln PA along with Salisbury and then an Ohio team as a balance. Again, purely speculation. Don't see it happening.

Of course, MAYBE we could get UMES to drop DOWN to DII and join the MEC along with Salisbury??!! I mean, since we are talking about things that ain't going to happen!!

Comment

Salisbury's women's Field Hockey and Men's LAX are their two biggest programs. They are usually ranked top 3 each year. One of the issues we saw as we moved up is that there are not many D2 schools with LAX or Field hockey in the region so our teams are traveling to Missouri and new england to play matches. Which is why the jump to D1 has been mentioned in many conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
                        Salisbury's women's Field Hockey and Men's LAX are their two biggest programs. They are usually ranked top 3 each year. One of the issues we saw as we moved up is that there are not many D2 schools with LAX or Field hockey in the region so our teams are traveling to Missouri and new england to play matches. Which is why the jump to D1 has been mentioned in many conversations.
                        I can be reached at [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                          Of course, MAYBE we could get UMES to drop DOWN to DII and join the MEC along with Salisbury??!! I mean, since we are talking about things that ain't going to happen!!
                          If UMES moved down to D2 the logical conference choice for them would be the CIAA. UMES was actually a CIAA member once upon a time, so joining the MEC or PSAC would make no sense. Unless a new administration comes in that isn't stuck on the D1 ego trip, it won't happen. Maintaining D1 status is actually important to the UMES administration *shrugs and rolls eyes*

Maybe the University System of Maryland could force it they cared enough to. Does any state university system even have that type of authority over it's member schools' athletic programs?

Comment

If frostburg can run this game is over

Comment

One more td seals the game for frostburg

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X