Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shepherd

I think adding Shepherd is a win-win. I actually don't believe the PSAC coaches are unhappy at all. By having this caliber team in the conference, it will attract better players to ALL the schools.
    Yeah, I get it..some programs will struggle....but winning at Cheyney surely didn't build confidence. A hard fought loss to a school like Shepherd is better than squeaking by a perennial bottom-feeder program. It just makes the season potentially that much better, if by chance a mid or lower level team pulls off an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      I still remember the first time I'd ever heard of Shepherd was that playoff game back in (guessing) 1999 or so. Maybe 1998. You guys came up here and won. Miserable day. Rain. Freezing. It was like 9-7 or something ... ended on that real strange play .. returned blocked extra point or something odd. Stadium was empty ... although 18 years later about 4,000 say they were there. Lol.

I still have what's left of the program from that game. I don't remember a lot about the actual game. They all start to blend together after so long. I remember that RB, Damien Beane, was a monster.
      So, I actually was there in 1998. I didn't wear a heavy enough jacket and almost froze to death. We ate across the street at a Hardee's (I think ... May have been something different). My hands were so cold that it hurt badly when I washed them.

I remember enduring a lot of WV marrying my sister and molesting sheep jokes. Beane was a monster. But in that game, Chanse Twyman was the man! He had a sack, forced one fumble, recovered another fumble, folded Tink Stinnett (spelling?) in half on a swing pass, was all over the field and happened to block that PAT that James Rooths returned for two points.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
        So, I actually was there in 1998. I didn't wear a heavy enough jacket and almost froze to death. We ate across the street at a Hardee's (I think ... May have been something different). My hands were so cold that it hurt badly when I washed them.

I remember enduring a lot of WV marrying my sister and molesting sheep jokes. Beane was a monster. But in that game, Chanse Twyman was the man! He had a sack, forced one fumble, recovered another fumble, folded Tink Stinnett (spelling?) in half on a swing pass, was all over the field and happened to block that PAT that James Rooths returned for two points.

Comment

IMO, good move for Shepherd (puts them closer to their conference opponents), and real good move for the PSAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tink was a heck of a player. Perhaps his most memorable moment was that big TD run at Miller in the night win over the gym teachers.

Comment

I have the utmost respect for Shepherd. However, there 2 game seasons are over in 2019, with the East traditional ballers and crossover draw with the West, they will truelly learn about a full schedule injuries and UPS and downs....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                I have the utmost respect for Shepherd. However, there 2 game seasons are over in 2019, with the East traditional ballers and crossover draw with the West, they will truelly learn about a full schedule injuries and UPS and downs....just sayin
                Schedule will be more difficult no doubt. But it's going to be felt up and down the PSAC because now nobody gets the easy W against Cheyney. That's 1 guaranteed less win for everyone really. Excited to see some more competitive games at Shepherd during the regular season, it was getting boring the last few years lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                  Schedule will be more difficult no doubt. But it's going to be felt up and down the PSAC because now nobody gets the easy W against Cheyney. That's 1 guaranteed less win for everyone really. Excited to see some more competitive games at Shepherd during the regular season, it was getting boring the last few years lol.

Comment

So ... I really don't know which message board to focus on now.
                    I am with you. I'm not sure which one to follow but I guess I will follow both for another year. Good discussions in both forums.

It's interesting to read how some think Shepherd is going to take a playoff spot away from another PSAC team. Shepherd was is one of the best teams in the MEC but I'm not sure how that's going to work out in the PSAC. They have a new coach and will be playing in a new conferences with stiffer competition. I'm not sure that's going to equal the dominant play that Shepherdstown has been use to in the past but I like the move for Shepherd and the renewed rivalry with Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by wvftballfan View Post
                      I am with you. I'm not sure which one to follow but I guess I will follow both for another year. Good discussions in both forums.

It's interesting to read how some think Shepherd is going to take a playoff spot away from another PSAC team. Shepherd was is one of the best teams in the MEC but I'm not sure how that's going to work out in the PSAC. They have a new coach and will be playing in a new conferences with stiffer competition. I'm not sure that's going to equal the dominant play that Shepherdstown has been use to in the past but I like the move for Shepherd and the renewed rivalry with Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                        Oh no!

How will poor little Shepherd ever manage?

Comment

Timeout. We aren't supposed to hear about Shepherd not matching up with mighty PSAC teams until November. Like clockwork. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Timeout. We aren't supposed to hear about Shepherd not matching up with mighty PSAC teams until November. Like clockwork. Lol.
                            We're getting a jump on it for next season!

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                              More than likely Shepherd just replaces another PSAC team - last year Ship ends up with one more loss, and doesn't make playoffs, on the other hand, maybe Fairmont wins the MEC and is undefeated. probably the top seed.
                              Sure, immediately. But when the competition improves, it helps the other teams improve. Ship and Shepherd always had relatively fun games. I think it helped Ship be more competitive. And I think has been consistently better since then, so I am hoping bringing Shep back into its schedule will only help Shippensburg improve as well. Overall, this is great for the PSAC, and I think will help the PSAC become more competitive on the National stage.

Comment

Oh no!

How will poor little Shepherd ever manage?
                                Ignore them. Yes, I expect Shepherd to have more losses, on average, from year to year. But I also expect that will help Shepherd become more competitive come playoff time. I think it will be rare that Shepherd has a squeaky clean record going into playoffs. But it will be better off for it.

More importantly--I can't wait to have an excuse to finally sit with you in the stands!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X