Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shepherd

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Timeout. We aren't supposed to hear about Shepherd not matching up with mighty PSAC teams until November. Like clockwork. Lol.
    As far as I am concerned...Shepherd is a PSAC team now but just with a very easy 100% OOC schedule for 2018.

Shepherd has matched up and many times surpassed the best of the PSAC. I said years ago they were a PSAC team.

And now they are...and they belong with us.

I'm very very very happy they are in our conference even if it means it's harder for IUP. IUP never shied away from a challenge before...why should we now?

Comment

Originally posted by shiplb54 View Post
      Ignore them. Yes, I expect Shepherd to have more losses, on average, from year to year. But I also expect that will help Shepherd become more competitive come playoff time. I think it will be rare that Shepherd has a squeaky clean record going into playoffs. But it will be better off for it.

More importantly--I can't wait to have an excuse to finally sit with you in the stands!
      Absolutely so looking forward to playing Shipp again!! That used to be my barometer to judge the quality of each seasons Ram team based on how we played against the RR's. Went to several games at Shippensburg over the years including some playoff games, & was always treated with respect from the football knowledgeable home crowd.

Comment

I look at Shepherd joining the PSAC and compare it to Penn State joining the BIG.

Prior to The Nits joining...the BIG was a relic of the foosball conference. They hadn't won a National Titles since the late 60's.

The PAC 10 routinely won the Rose Bowl over the BIG champions

Now the Nits...still kinda fresh off 2 National Titles in the 1980's comes roaring in and upped the ante. They pretty much should have been the National Champions over Nebraska in 1994.

And Meatchicken and The Overrated State University stepped up their game and got better and then the Nits got worse (but I blame that on a coach who stayed 15 years too long) as the 90's wore on and in to the 2000's.

Just like Mercyhurst and Gannon forced the PSAC to stop being a sad sack regional league being satisfied not being a national player....Shepherd is going to push it even more to go toe to toe with the GSC, MIAA and GLIAC.

Comment

Ignore them. Yes, I expect Shepherd to have more losses, on average, from year to year. But I also expect that will help Shepherd become more competitive come playoff time. I think it will be rare that Shepherd has a squeaky clean record going into playoffs. But it will be better off for it.

More importantly--I can't wait to have an excuse to finally sit with you in the stands!
          Oh, we're doing that! I just have this heart matter to deal with first.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
            Oh, we're doing that! I just have this heart matter to deal with first.

Comment

Sure, immediately. But when the competition improves, it helps the other teams improve. Ship and Shepherd always had relatively fun games. I think it helped Ship be more competitive. And I think has been consistently better since then, so I am hoping bringing Shep back into its schedule will only help Shippensburg improve as well. Overall, this is great for the PSAC, and I think will help the PSAC become more competitive on the National stage.
              No argument there, this is a great addition.

Comment

Oh no!

How will poor little Shepherd ever manage?
                Don't have to get all uptight, it is reality, the 10 game schedule with minimal challenge to secure home playoffs is over. U can try to be funny but u now have a rivalry game every year coupled with possible 2-3 tough road games. NEVER happened in wviac or mec.....just sayin

Comment

True. No more WL on schedule.

But, come on, how many times have we seen this movie before?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                    Don't have to get all uptight, it is reality, the 10 game schedule with minimal challenge to secure home playoffs is over. U can try to be funny but u now have a rivalry game every year coupled with possible 2-3 tough road games. NEVER happened in wviac or mec.....just sayin
                    During Shepherd's three regional championships, only once did they have home field. That was in 2015.

In 2010, after beating Shaw at home, Shepherd won road games at Kutztown and Mercyhurst.

In 2016, Shepherd beat Assumption at home in the first round before victories at LIU Post and Cal.

So, tell me again how Shepherd wins in the playoffs due to home field advantage.

Just sayin'!

Comment

• Re: Shepherd

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      True. No more WL on schedule.

But, come on, how many times have we seen this movie before?
                      Sometimes these kids lose perspective. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                        During Shepherd's three regional championships, only once did they have home field. That was in 2015.

In 2010, after beating Shaw at home, Shepherd won road games at Kutztown and Mercyhurst.

In 2016, Shepherd beat Assumption at home in the first round before victories at LIU Post and Cal.

So, tell me again how Shepherd wins in the playoffs due to home field advantage.

Just sayin'!

Comment

Just sayin'!
                          And in 2006 they had home field advantage and lost the regional championship to Bloom.

Comment

Looking at the 2019 schedule that was updated in January after Cheyney dropped out....you can see where Shepherd will fill in the blanks where Cheyney once occupied.

Shepherd's three cross overs look to be Mercyhurst, Clarion and Seton Hill.

The highly anticipated reboot with Ship looks to be October 12, 2019 in Shepherdstown.

Of course....knowing The Home Office in Lock Haven...they'll attempt to recreate the wheel and completely change the whole schedule

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                              Looking at the 2019 schedule that was updated in January after Cheyney dropped out....you can see where Shepherd will fill in the blanks where Cheyney once occupied.

Shepherd's three cross overs look to be Mercyhurst, Clarion and Seton Hill.

The highly anticipated reboot with Ship looks to be October 12, 2019 in Shepherdstown.

Of course....knowing The Home Office in Lock Haven...they'll attempt to recreate the wheel and completely change the whole schedule
                              If that's the case it's the most the RAMS could hope for in the way of a break in schedule. It will be interesting if the 3 CO games will ever be IUP, CALU and SRU. Actually does anyone recall an Eastern school getting those three CO in any recent season. This year's VULCANS schedule with KU, SHIP and WCU is a near equivalent and the only way to avoid it would be to make the state game and drop WCU in week 11...unless WCU is the opponent in that game. My head hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                                And in 2006 they had home field advantage and lost the regional championship to Bloom.
                                Sure did!

My point is that home field has not been a huge part of Shepherd's success in the postseason.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X