Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Need some West doormats to step up now. The East just added a monster.

Comment

Comment

I answered my own question. It appears Mercyhurst and Seton Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Shepherd

So we traded in Cheyney and got a shiny new Shepherd. What a coup for the PSAC!

I do wish they were in the West, though.

Now everybody has to learn how to spell it.

Comment

Great addition in so many ways -- much more than just football. The PSAC just added a tremendous college town and fan base. Hopefully PSAC fans can see what they do in Sheperdstown and it rubs off.

But there is no denying a national-level football program was just added to replace Cheyney.

I'm sure some East coaches are a little queasy about having to play the Rams yearly.

Comment

Great addition in so many ways -- much more than just football. The PSAC just added a tremendous college town and fan base. Hopefully PSAC fans can see what they do in Sheperdstown and it rubs off.

But there is no denying a national-level football program was just added to replace Cheyney.

I'm sure some East coaches are a little queasy about having to play the Rams yearly.
              It has really helped the PSAC to level their FB playing field. With SHEPHERD, WCU and SHIP close to an equivalent to IUP, SRU and CALU the league is definitely stronger which will be an easier sell to recruits even in the $$$ stingy EAST. Until the MEC, GMAC and NE-10 react to this shift, I can't see the PSAC getting less than 4 teams in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                It has really helped the PSAC to level their FB playing field. With SHEPHERD, WCU and SHIP close to an equivalent to IUP, SRU and CALU the league is definitely stronger which will be an easier sell to recruits even in the $$$ stingy EAST. Until the MEC, GMAC and NE-10 react to this shift, I can't see the PSAC getting less than 4 teams in the playoffs.
                More than likely Shepherd just replaces another PSAC team - last year Ship ends up with one more loss, and doesn't make playoffs, on the other hand, maybe Fairmont wins the MEC and is undefeated. probably the top seed.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                  More than likely Shepherd just replaces another PSAC team - last year Ship ends up with one more loss, and doesn't make playoffs, on the other hand, maybe Fairmont wins the MEC and is undefeated. probably the top seed.
                  But the point is who else besides FSC ? Will the NE-10 get more than 1? Will the GMAC 1? Using last year's final REGIONAL RANKINGS, the PSAC has 4 spots, NE-10 has 1 and GMAC has 1. MEC gets shut out. The region is getting even more top heavy than it has been.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                    But the point is who else besides FSC ? Will the NE-10 get more than 1? Will the GMAC 1? Using last year's final REGIONAL RANKINGS, the PSAC has 4 spots, NE-10 has 1 and GMAC has 1. MEC gets shut out. The region is getting even more top heavy than it has been.
                    Right, with last years schedules. But now the MEC teams don't have to play shepherd, and all the psac east teams, and 3 west teams do - records will not be as good. Plus the MEC winner, someone other than shepherd, will have a good record, chance for earned access. Then there is the # 2 GMAC and NE-10 teams - maybe one loss teams. It would be common for PSAC to get 3, and so teams that had a shot like Cal and Ship last year, would have a less of a chance with the addition of shepherd

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                      Right, with last years schedules. But now the MEC teams don't have to play shepherd, and all the psac east teams, and 3 west teams do - records will not be as good. Plus the MEC winner, someone other than shepherd, will have a good record, chance for earned access. Then there is the # 2 GMAC and NE-10 teams - maybe one loss teams. It would be common for PSAC to get 3, and so teams that had a shot like Cal and Ship last year, would have a less of a chance with the addition of shepherd
                      I'll go waaaaay out on a limb and say that 4 of the 6 teams I mentioned will be in the playoff and since I think I recall that EA is no longer used, 1 of the other 3 conferences in SR1 will be left out. Silly as it sounds on 6/2/18 remember you heard it here first.

Comment

What are all those poor East schools gonna do now with a mostly-fully-funded program in their division? I can hear it already. All the 'walk-ons' at WCU (wink) will have a heart attack.
                        Big Indians,

Why will they be afraid of a solidly funded school like Shepherd? If you are referring to recruiting I think the PSAC East will be safe. Since Shepherd University offers a in-state tuition to Delaware (http://www.shepherd.edu/university/r.../delaware.html ) and Maryland (http://www.shepherd.edu/university/r.../maryland.html) residents I highly doubt they will recruit a lot in Pa. You can look at their rosters from the past few years (http://shepherdrams.com/roster.aspx?path=football ) and it is predominately WVa/Md/DC/Va/Del . I maybe wrong....but I guess we shall see.

Comment

Sarcasm .... since we're constantly reminded of certain schools allegedly having little to no football scholarships.

Comment

What are all those poor East schools gonna do now with a mostly-fully-funded program in their division? I can hear it already. All the 'walk-ons' at WCU (wink) will have a heart attack.
                            Shepherd is no where near fully funded, unless a huge donor has been anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              So we traded in Cheyney and got a shiny new Shepherd. What a coup for the PSAC!

I do wish they were in the West, though.

Now everybody has to learn how to spell it.

They are closer to East schools. The Ship-Shepherd rivalry will be great to watch.

This forces everyone to try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post
                                Shepherd is no where near fully funded, unless a huge donor has been anonymous.
                                A fully funded Shepherd program is an urban legend outside of Shepherd. Getting in state tuition for out of state students enrolled in the qualifying degree programs is huge.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X