Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Quiet on the East Stroud

Any news from East Stroud? I'm sure PSAC East coaches are crossing their fingers that Denny decides NOT to retire anytime soon. I think this might be the year East Stroud might finish in the bottom of the PSAC East (now that Cheyney is gone).

Re: All Quiet on the East Stroud

Originally posted by PSAC Pride! View Post
    Any news from East Stroud? I'm sure PSAC East coaches are crossing their fingers that Denny decides NOT to retire anytime soon. I think this might be the year East Stroud might finish in the bottom of the PSAC East (now that Cheyney is gone).
    The big question surrounding the offense is who starts at QB for the Warriors. Ben Moser got most of the starts last season, but Jake Cirillo is expected to push Moser, and Tyler Soltes has the most experience in the program. They have a solid tandem at RB with Jaymar Anderson and Devante Robinson. WR is another question mark. They have plenty of bodies, but need someone to emerge as their big play threat.

Defensively, the team is solid up front and in the secondary, however they meed to replace all 3 starting LBs...

Comment

I was enthused to see that you guys gobbled up the Rabucks from Williams Valley -- RB Dylan and DE Devon. Both were playing in a different stratosphere than their small-school opponents for most of four seasons. They should develop into dynamic PSAC players.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        I was enthused to see that you guys gobbled up the Rabucks from Williams Valley -- RB Dylan and DE Devon. Both were playing in a different stratosphere than their small-school opponents for most of four seasons. They should develop into dynamic PSAC players.

Both are listed as offensive players in camp...We'll see how they develop!

Comment

There's an absolutely incredible story surrounding this years' ESU squad. It's been several years since Marc Ranaudo transferred from Shippensburg to ESU, but what he's been through over the last 2 seasons is almost hard to believe. He missed last season dealing with several issues, and at one point doctors told him he'd never play football again. He endured numerous surgeries, but never let go of the one year of eligibility he has left. At last night's scrimmage, he was out there taking reps with the first-team defensive line, and should be the leader of that unit, if not the entire defense. His passion for the game knows no bounds, and any coach will tell you they can't have enough guys like that on their team.

Comment

By the way, I wouldn't be too hard on Moser after the freshman year. He still has a PSAC-level arm, went through growing pains.

I don't know if you all heard this story from his senior year of HS, but it sure made me a fan.

https://www.pennlive.com/entertainme...down_synd.html

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic. Aside from football, ESU had a very good athletic year last year. I don't expect them to finish in the top half of the division, but I'm anticipating at least a couple divisional wins. Ferris State is a rough opener but at least there's no chance of complacency. I'm thinking at least 3 wins but with the potential to steal a couple more.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                By the way, I wouldn't be too hard on Moser after the freshman year. He still has a PSAC-level arm, went through growing pains.

I don't know if you all heard this story from his senior year of HS, but it sure made me a fan.

https://www.pennlive.com/entertainme...down_synd.html
                Ben is like many Warriors before him, a good guy with a big heart.

Comment

allowing 389 yards rushing against (Ferris) is a hard pill to swallow. the outside edge play and LB's never showed up for that game.

Comment

after watching them last night i agree with you 3 wins. Their Defense looked complacent and even though they led the league in turnovers that won't help them win games unless they can tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by MC1313 View Post
                      after watching them last night i agree with you 3 wins. Their Defense looked complacent and even though they led the league in turnovers that won't help them win games unless they can tackle.

You realize Ferris is an elite GLIAC team, correct? They won't see anybody of that quality for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        You realize Ferris is an elite GLIAC team, correct? They won't see anybody of that quality for a long time.
                        But you still have to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                          But you still have to compete.
                          True, but how can they?

Fully-funded GLIAC monster versus a team with 7 scholarships. Total mismatch talent- and depth-wise. That game would have had a Vegas line in the range of 28 to 31 points -- if not higher. It was actually closer than I think most thought.

So long as ESU got out of there healthy they'll be better for it moving forward.

Comment

Ferris had great talent, but no class. An onside kick was totally uncalled for...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                              Ferris had great talent, but no class. An onside kick was totally uncalled for...

....and there it is.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X