Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Quiet on the East Stroud

ESU did that to opening weekend meatballs for years and years. Karma is a Mo Fo. Now they sold out and bent over a table. Enjoy the money. Whatever it was.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      They are 347-323-19 vs everyone else incliding 6-12 vs THE Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
      You start doing the Buckeye thing, and this board is going to have to go medieval on you.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        You start doing the Buckeye thing, and this board is going to have to go medieval on you.

They go medieval on me every day on the OT.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Comment

WarriorVoice is whining Ferris made a botched squib kick. So what. They were paying you to be their cupcake. He has constantly made remarks of other teams running it up on ESU or wagging his finger and claiming IUP is Satan.

But since you had to poke the bear and get me going....lets take a walk down memory lane of the times ESU ran up the score since your stated year of 2000.

Beat Cheyney 52-8

Beat Cheyney 48-7

Beat Lenoir Rhyne 58-0
          Beat Cheyney 69-20
          Beat Mansfield 40-7

Beat Cheyney 55-0
          Beat Mansfield 41-7

The Enchanted Magical 2005 Season
          Beat Bentley 72-17
          Beat Clarion 56-0
          Beat Cheyney 40-3
          Beat Mansfield 57-20

Manfield 61-7
          Cheyney 48-7
          Kutztown 56-16

Cheyney 42-6

Millersville 44-3

Pace 57-0
          Millersville 65-14

Pace 56-14

Lock Haven 31-0
          Millersville 62-14

Seton Hill 70-7
          Millersville 62-14

Edinboro 56-12
          Cheyney 69-7
          Millersville 34-2

ESU's Overall Record is 479-333-19
          They are 132-10 vs Cheyney and Mansfield
          They are 347-323-19 vs everyone else incliding 6-12 vs THE Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Just sayin.
          Warriorvoice was *****ing about an "onside kick". He was being bitter, and I acknowledged that. No one complained about running up the score. Take a closer look at those games. I wont enetertain the Cheyney and Mansfield games.

Lots of Cheyney, Mansfield and Millersville on there. So now lets look at IUP...

2001- IUP 42 - Lock Haven 0 IUP 41 - Cal 0

2004 - IUP 52 - Lock Haven 10

2006 - IUP 42 - Mansfield 6

2007 - IUP 80 - Cheyney 14, IUP 45- Millersville 0

2008 - IUP 41 - Post 0, IUP 63- Millserville 3, IUP 66 - Clarion 16

2009 - IUP 45 - Clarion 0

2010 - IUP 62 - Lock Haven 21

2011 - IUP 56 - Lock Haven 6

2012 - IUP 56 - Cheyney 6, IUP 45 - Clarion 0

2013 - IUP 49 - Cheyney 0, IUP 62 - Millserville 3

2014 - IUP 51 - Seton Hill 28

2015 - IUP 62 - Cheyney 0, IUP 47 - Seton Hill 10

2016 - IUP 73 - ESU 42, IUP 55 - Cheyney 0, IUP 48 - Gannon 3

2017 - IUP 65 - Cheyney 16

Hypocrite, or do you care to give a rationale explanation? I am sure starters were out in the 4th, and the same can be said about ESU. And you listed quite a few games where they scored most of those points in the first half of those contests, just as I am sure IUP did.

Looking at the History books for 05

Jimmy T played 1 series in the second half vs Bentley. They scored (A rushing TD)
          Against Clarion it was 42-0 at half. They came out, went on a scoring drive 1st possession and he was pulled. (That TD was also a rushing TD)
          Against Cheyney it was 26-3 in the 3rd. They threw a TD pass to make it 33-3 and he didn't play another snap.
          Mansfield was a 44-20 game in the 3rd. Scored a TD (A rushing TD) and was pulled.

In the playoffs they scored in the 50's 3 games in a row before getting smashed by GVSU. Those playoff games were all contested games into the 4th quarter as well.

Comment

Unfortunately, running up the score is necessary evil in college football now. The risk of falling in rankings because you didn't beat a team as bad as expected can cause you to drop in rankings. I don't like it, but that's the reality of what we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
              Warriorvoice was *****ing about an "onside kick". He was being bitter, and I acknowledged that. No one complained about running up the score. Take a closer look at those games. I wont enetertain the Cheyney and Mansfield games.

Lots of Cheyney, Mansfield and Millersville on there. So now lets look at IUP...

Hypocrite, or do you care to give a rationale explanation? I am sure starters were out in the 4th, and the same can be said about ESU. And you listed quite a few games where they scored most of those points in the first half of those contests, just as I am sure IUP did.

Jimmy T played 1 series in the second half vs Bentley. They scored (A rushing TD)
              Against Clarion it was 42-0 at half. They came out, went on a scoring drive 1st possession and he was pulled. (That TD was also a rushing TD)
              Against Cheyney it was 26-3 in the 3rd. They threw a TD pass to make it 33-3 and he didn't play another snap.
              Mansfield was a 44-20 game in the 3rd. Scored a TD (A rushing TD) and was pulled.

In the playoffs they scored in the 50's 3 games in a row before getting smashed by GVSU. Those playoff games were all contested games into the 4th quarter as well.

Comment

Nice mature answer, and once again, you negate to answer the question that I posed to you. Are you a hypocrite, or do you care to give us a rationale explanation as to why IUP put up 80 on Cheyney, and that is acceptable, but when ESU put up 69 it is not? I gave you facts from 2005 that showed Twig was not throwing touchdowns in the second half of the 4 games you listed and accused him of padding his stats. He played 1 or 2 series before being pulled. FACT.

IUPNation spits out what he wants to believe, without using facts, and disregarding facts to prove otherwise. Must be a Trump supporter.

Comment

Read that it was a botched squib kick with 8 seconds left in the half.
                  That makes more sense.

Comment

Scoring 40 or 50 points is not the same as running up the score. Dowd's reputation for running up the score is well deserved. No research needed.

Comment

All Quiet on the East Stroud

Nice mature answer, and once again, you negate to answer the question that I posed to you. Are you a hypocrite, or do you care to give us a rationale explanation as to why IUP put up 80 on Cheyney, and that is acceptable, but when ESU put up 69 it is not? I gave you facts from 2005 that showed Twig was not throwing touchdowns in the second half of the 4 games you listed and accused him of padding his stats. He played 1 or 2 series before being pulled. FACT.

IUPNation spits out what he wants to believe, without using facts, and disregarding facts to prove otherwise. Must be a Trump supporter.
                      Last edited by IUPNation; 09-03-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

A real, live flame war!

See, this is why our bucolic little campus is situated between you two. To keep the peace.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                          A real, live flame war!

See, this is why our bucolic little campus is situated between you two. To keep the peace.

You need a monorail on your campus with the buildings so far apart!

Comment

Last edited by MC1313; 09-03-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

You need a monorail on your campus with the buildings so far apart!
                              This is why our cross country teams are so successful ...

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                                Scoring 40 or 50 points is not the same as running up the score. Dowd's reputation for running up the score is well deserved. No research needed.
                                Provide proof that he is running up the score. Don't list scores from games. Provide proof. By Nation's account scoring a lot of points is running up the score. If that is the case, then ALL teams are guilty. Like I said in a previous post, Jimmy T was out early in the second half of all games he listed in 2005. The second team scores, so that is running up the score? Is that padding his stats? IUP hung 80 on Cheyney, and when ESU scores in the 50s against them, or another weak opponent the finger pointing comes out.

I have never once complained about someone scoring to much on another team, nor ESU. What bothers me is that Nation holds grudges from 30 years ago, and blames the wrong person for it even though there is factual evidence to prove Nation is wrong. Like I said, a Trump supporter. Don't say we live in glass houses, because by your accounts you do too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X