Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Quiet on the East Stroud

Jaymar won D2football.com Offensive Player of the Week. We may need that sort of performance on a weekly basis to hang with teams if the defense doesn't improve.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
      Jaymar won D2football.com Offensive Player of the Week. We may need that sort of performance on a weekly basis to hang with teams if the defense doesn't improve.
      He's certainly capable of that!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

That defense will not improve. They were horrible last year and ranked in the bottom of almost every category. And then they still stick with the same players this year and are still at the bottom. The coaching staff needs to assume the blame because I know they had a lot of players come in this year and they still have them warming the bench. 2 years at the bottom and the fingers have to start pointing at the D coordinator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IIRC ESU has long been one-dimensional, even on offense.

Comment

Did a bit of a dive, and since 2010, ESU has never averaged less than 25 points against per game (and 2010 was close, at 24.6). Last year was actually their best year since 2013, at "only" 28.4 points against per game. When excluding Cheyney, that number jumps to almost 30. A regression to 2016 levels (42 points against per game, excluding Cheyney) would be the end of any hopes of improving on 3-8.

It's also worth noting that ESU's current defensive coordinator started in 2014, and both the defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach are ESU grads. In 2014 and 2015, the only reason ESU was over .500 was Soltes, as the defense gave up averages of 31.5 and 34.5 points per game, respectively. As long as the team keeps putting the defense in the hands of ESU retreads, I don't see anything changing from a philosophical point of view.

Comment

Worth noting that hometown kid Jake Cirillo took over QB duties in the second half over Moser and had better stats overall. I don't think it's debatable that Moser has been disappointing so far this year, so perhaps ESU chooses to give Cirillo more game time during the rest of what looks like a lost season.

That defense looks terrible. I don't know that they hold any team under 30 the rest of the way, including Millersville.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                Worth noting that hometown kid Jake Cirillo took over QB duties in the second half over Moser and had better stats overall. I don't think it's debatable that Moser has been disappointing so far this year, so perhaps ESU chooses to give Cirillo more game time during the rest of what looks like a lost season.

That defense looks terrible. I don't know that they hold any team under 30 the rest of the way, including Millersville.
                Damn those linebackers. :wink:

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                  Damn those linebackers. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by MC1313 View Post
                    Loch Haven has a Freshman DT weighing 210 pounds that played better then any of the ESU D-Line.
                    No, no, no

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                    The big question surrounding the offense is who starts at QB for the Warriors. Ben Moser got most of the starts last season, but Jake Cirillo is expected to push Moser, and Tyler Soltes has the most experience in the program. They have a solid tandem at RB with Jaymar Anderson and Devante Robinson. WR is another question mark. They have plenty of bodies, but need someone to emerge as their big play threat.

Defensively, the team is solid up front and in the secondary, however they meed to replace all 3 starting LBs...

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                      No, no, no

Comment

• Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv-uWegEbTQ

Comment

ESU is now likely to go 1-10. Last time they only won 1 game was 1986 in which they went 1-9. This would be the first double-digit loss team in many years, if ever.

Comment

• Comment

So as to not clog the pickem thread:

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                                Ohio Dominican at East Stroudsburg- at home or not this game will be ugly; is their a forced retirement in Denny's future?
                                Those wheels were already set into motion with Jimmy T's promotion to Associate Head Coach. I don't know if it'll be "forced" necessarily, but the end of Douds' tenure as the head coach is presumably on its last legs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X