X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP at Ashland Game Thread

Originally posted by iup73 View Post
    He was injured early on.
    I must have missed that ... he looked fine on the sidelines all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Ashland coach on the decision to kick the extra point rather than go for two:

"Screwed up, should have gone for two (after the TD) ... before you ask the question ... coached hundreds of games and I got caught up in the excitement of the score," he said. "We've got 10 coaches in the box, with a chart in front of them, and we all missed it.

"As we're getting ready to kick (the PAT), I looked up, man, it's too late. So that was a big coaching mistake. Maybe it changes how we approach the hurry-up offense (since a field goal to force overtime might have been in play). Again, that's on me. I apologized to the team for that. It can't happen."

Very Andy Reid-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by iup73 View Post
        He was injured early on.
        Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        I must have missed that ... he looked fine on the sidelines all night.
        My understanding is that Bullock was already nursing an injury prior to the start of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          Very Andy Reid-ish.
          LOL....LOL...I love Andy Reid. But although he took the blame for EVERYTHING that went wrong, it did kind of got old hearing him take the blame over and over and over...

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
            IUP24, I watched the whole game. I think IUP has a strong team, with a good d-line but we don't know because at the end of the game they let the game look closer than what it really was. Secondary was ok, but I see the potential for being outstanding, again the D-line pressure would make a lot of secondary look good. But IUP has a good team, I wouldn't bet against them anytime soon. Offensive Coordinator could be the biggest flaw for that team. Horrible play calling and predictable.
            For a min there I thought I was the only one that saw the secondary play as average/Ok. Just like last year, Ashland was a team that threw very short passes just to move the chains, and at one point they were doing just that. A few times I saw the "Star" position turning the wrong way during play-action passes, which allow a few completions right behind their backs for 1st downs. That very last 1st down that Ashland made, the FS did not stay in position as the last line of defense but cut about 10 yds in front of the intended receiver, who caught the 3rd down pass. Good thing the CB tackled him immediately to keep him for taking it to the house. I did like the broken up deep endzone pass down the middle when the Star and SS somewhat sandwiched the intended receiver after touching the ball. And Stevens broke up an endzone pass in the first half to force that FG. Overall the secondary played ok, but can get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
              IUP24, I watched the whole game. I think IUP has a strong team, with a good d-line but we don't know because at the end of the game they let the game look closer than what it really was. Secondary was ok, but I see the potential for being outstanding, again the D-line pressure would make a lot of secondary look good. But IUP has a good team, I wouldn't bet against them anytime soon. Offensive Coordinator could be the biggest flaw for that team. Horrible play calling and predictable.
              This. I've tried to understand it, I failed. imo he is as much (or more) responsible for the slow starts the past season plus this game as anyone on the offense. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Anybody else a little surprised to see Samir Bullock hardly play?
                I was not. jus sayin

Comment

Im glad he couldn't hear us on the home side wondering out loud to each other why they weren't going for 2 ..... jus sayin

Comment

Some of the slow starts are on the Offensive Coordinator but Lenny was extremely inaccurate on some throws too. Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      Some of the slow starts are on the Offensive Coordinator but Lenny was extremely inaccurate on some throws too. Just sayin...
                      In other news the sky is still blue believe it or not

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Well, the RB derby got easier to sort out real quick. Down to three and that may be two based on the alleged Samir injury.

These academic casualties drive me insane. Waste of program money.

Comment

I have to agree with you regarding the "Slow Start". I didn't think they came out flat, in which what I consider a "slow start". I thought it was more of "not so great" execution early in the game. First drive they moved the ball to mid-field and punted, which flipped the field position. After IUP defense forced a 3 and out, IUP Offense got the ball back near the red zone. BUT after Lenny missed a wide-opened Dom on 3rd down they botched the FG attempt. IUP defense forced another punt, and IUP drove down the field and scored TD. After Ashland drove down and settled for FG. IUP offense drove down the field as well BUT had their FG attempt blocked. After Ashland drove down and scored a TD IUP offense again drove down the field and scored a TD before the half ended. If Lenny connects with Dom I believe we all would be singing a different tune. Even if Sarka connected on all 3 FG attempt we would be singing a different tune as well. I just believe Lenny must become a little more accurate, especially down field. Otherwise, the good teams (Cal U, SR, and perhaps Edinboro) will stack the line and force Lenny to beat them deep.

Comment

And that's the bottom line because Eye of the Hawk says SO! I agree with ya...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X