Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Millersville at IUP

The heyday of Cal saw the president rolling academic money in to the football program. And, money from who knows where else. Players were on campus with active arrest warrants in other states. Elmer Fudd could have won with those rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      This sounds really peculiar. Who did you call? Maybe you called the wrong person. I have a hard time believing any school would ignore $25,000 unless you're persona non-grata.
      At the D2 level they'd probably name the weight room or something after you for $25,000.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
        In the end its fallible young men playing the game. Coaches also make a big difference, so with good organization and game management, a lean mean program can be pretty successful. Any given day, right ? Its cliche but that's why we play the games. I've also seen programs that wasted money and were disorganized. They'll never quite win despite the money they have.
        A program/organizational culture has a lot to do with it. The Tarrant County Cowturds are the most valuable sports franchise in the world. They have the top facilities in the NFL. They can't win ****.

IUP will get better players despite not having the best stadium or the best weight room.
        Last edited by IUPNation; 09-03-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Comment

Only to a certain point. There was a school in Centre County known as the "cow college", that became Penn State. We build them up to tear them down. As Don Henley sang: "Love to cut you down to size, we love dirty laundry. Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down"

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
              Only to a certain point. There was a school in Centre County known as the "cow college", that became Penn State. We build them up to tear them down. As Don Henley sang: "Love to cut you down to size, we love dirty laundry. Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down"

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                The heyday of Cal saw the president rolling academic money in to the football program. And, money from who knows where else. Players were on campus with active arrest warrants in other states. Elmer Fudd could have won with those rosters.
                But Bloom pretty much played them to a draw those years. with much less money- but they had Danny Hale.

Comment

And, Texas can't beat Maryland.

Michigan hasn't won a big game in about a decade. Look it up. Amazing run of futility. Just ask Braylon Edwards.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      And, Texas can't beat Maryland.

Michigan hasn't won a big game in about a decade. Look it up. Amazing run of futility. Just ask Braylon Edwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        This sounds really peculiar. Who did you call? Maybe you called the wrong person. I have a hard time believing any school would ignore $25,000 unless you're persona non-grata.

Comment

So if your family wanted to make a donation to the Athletic Program or school why not do what it takes to make it? Call the HBC, the AD, the Pres of the University direct (not a pimply faced work study student answering a phone in the athletic or financial aid office), or even show up on campus with one of those giant checks? You allowed a couple of unanswered calls to cause you to pull your support of the program? There are links on websites of every college/university advising of how and to whom to address monetary support. Now don't go getting your undies all up in a bunch about what I'm about to say but frankly I am going to go ahead and call BS on this scenario. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                            So if your family wanted to make a donation to the Athletic Program or school why not do what it takes to make it? Call the HBC, the AD, the Pres of the University direct (not a pimply faced work study student answering a phone in the athletic or financial aid office), or even show up on campus with one of those giant checks? You allowed a couple of unanswered calls to cause you to pull your support of the program? There are links on websites of every college/university advising of how and to whom to address monetary support. Now don't go getting your undies all up in a bunch about what I'm about to say but frankly I am going to go ahead and call BS on this scenario. jus sayin

I can assure you messages were left on the right persons voicemail and they were called 2 times. You can call bs but the fact is that they will go to another college next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You and me both! I can still see the look of horror on my son's face that one year after fall semester as I coxed that front wheel drive escape up 22 from Blairesville to Ebensburg in about four inches of chopped snow. The roads were clear from there, so I looked over and asked him "didn't think we'd make it?" He said "No". It was white knuckle for a while there I must admit, even for a good ole boy from Western PA.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                                You and me both! I can still see the look of horror on my son's face that one year after fall semester as I coxed that front wheel drive escape up 22 from Blairesville to Ebensburg in about four inches of chopped snow. The roads were clear from there, so I looked over and asked him "didn't think we'd make it?" He said "No". It was white knuckle for a while there I must admit, even for a good ole boy from Western PA.

LOL ... yeah, you don't mess with that stretch from Indiana to Ebensburg. That can go from nothing to mayhem within seconds. UPJ is the one 'away' venue I've never attended in basketball. That's the reason.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X