Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    You'll just have to postpone your fall foliage peeping trip until November 3.

Comment

Re: Millersville at IUP

Anything is possible. We were a playoff team and won nail biters against seton hill, clarion and Millersville. Was a play away from losing to all three of them lol

Comment

Hopefully Millersville can show more fight against IUP then
        ESU did against Ferris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MC1313 View Post
          Hopefully Millersville can show more fight against IUP then
          ESU did against Ferris.

I doubt that ESU didn't show fight and try ... there's just nothing they could have done. Those two could play 100 times and Ferris wins every time. D2 just isn't an even playing field. ESU knew that when they took the payday to go out there and get pounded.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            I doubt that ESU didn't show fight and try ... there's just nothing they could have done. Those two could play 100 times and Ferris wins every time. D2 just isn't an even playing field. ESU knew that when they took the payday to go out there and get pounded.
            What would make D2 an even playing field? Some say if each school had 30 scholarships, that would do it. I recall in the nineteen sixties, D1 schools had anywhere between 50 and 25 scholarships, and they competed against each other. Penn State went undefeated in 1969 with 25 scholarships. Does the D2 2018 IUP team with 25 play on an even field with the D1 1969 Penn State team with 25? Is there something else in D2 that creates an uneven field besides money?

Comment

Millersville at IUP

Originally posted by Bart View Post
              What would make D2 an even playing field? Some say if each school had 30 scholarships, that would do it. I recall in the nineteen sixties, D1 schools had anywhere between 50 and 25 scholarships, and they competed against each other. Penn State went undefeated in 1969 with 25 scholarships. Does the D2 2018 IUP team with 25 play on an even field with the D1 1969 Penn State team with 25? Is there something else in D2 that creates an uneven field besides money?
              Last edited by IUP24; 09-03-2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

So it's not necessarily having equality in scholarships, but who has the best facilities that money can buy? I don't disagree, but teams like Appalachian State don't fit so easily into the theory.

Comment

So it's not necessarily having equality in scholarships, but who has the best facilities that money can buy? I don't disagree, but teams like Appalachian State don't fit so easily into the theory.
                  In the end its fallible young men playing the game. Coaches also make a big difference, so with good organization and game management, a lean mean program can be pretty successful. Any given day, right ? Its cliche but that's why we play the games. I've also seen programs that wasted money and were disorganized. They'll never quite win despite the money they have.

Comment

Why? Because Appalachian State beat Michigan 11 years ago and gave Penn State a scare on Saturday? Please... Small sample size.

If you put a Appalachian State, a school from Boone, North Carolina, into the ACC or the SEC for a full season they would get slaughtered. A school like that can catch lighting in a bottle on a singular afternoon, not for a whole season.

Compared to UNC or Duke, App State is poor when it comes to football. And it will always be that way.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That's it. Watch out for the Ville this week.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            In the end its fallible young men playing the game. Coaches also make a big difference, so with good organization and game management, a lean mean program can be pretty successful. Any given day, right ? Its cliche but that's why we play the games. I've also seen programs that wasted money and were disorganized. They'll never quite win despite the money they have.

Comment

Comment

This sounds really peculiar. Who did you call? Maybe you called the wrong person. I have a hard time believing any school would ignore $25,000 unless you're persona non-grata.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X