Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Millersville at IUP

That Millersville QB is a tough kid. Credit him that much. When IUP was still playing its starters ... I bet he got hit 20 times in the first half. IUP's DEs just were a complete mismatch for the Millersville OL.

But, yes, the item upcoming teams will certainly see is the dink-n-dunk was very successful against IUP.

No issues with them trying that FG late. Why wouldn't they ... who wants a goose egg on the scoreboard?

That's the type of game you do two things:

1. Win
    2. Get it over with

Next week will be the same. Probably worse.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      That Millersville QB is a tough kid. Credit him that much. When IUP was still playing its starters ... I bet he got hit 20 times in the first half. IUP's DEs just were a complete mismatch for the Millersville OL.
      Shank's seen worse. He had a brain tumor three years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
        You can add that the middle of the secondary is still suspect. That is where the 5' 7" WR Dolan was catching most of his passes. This must get fixed....soon.
        Good point. The middle of secondary has been suspect since I started watching IUP in 2010. I don't know if that's because their defense scheme doesn't do well in covering the middle or if that's just the nature of trying to defend the pass in today's pass oriented game. Give up the middle short to prevent longer deep plays and bubble screens from turning into long runs. What concerns me more is the o-line's pass protection.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
          Good point. The middle of secondary has been suspect since I started watching IUP in 2010. I don't know if that's because their defense scheme doesn't do well in covering the middle or if that's just the nature of trying to defend the pass in today's pass oriented game. Give up the middle short to prevent longer deep plays and bubble screens from turning into long runs. What concerns me more is the o-line's pass protection.
          People want perfection. You're never going to play a perfect game. There's another team out there too. Those guys from Millersville are also on the field. As much as you want to hold a team to zero yards, you never will.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
            As much as you want to hold a team to zero yards, you never will.
            IUP once came close. In 2009, they gave up one yard to Lock Haven.
            But your point is taken.
            http://www.indianagazette.com
            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
              He just wanted the 0 off the scoreboard.

Millersville really got hosed in this game in the fact it was their home game to begin with...the league gave it to IUP after Cheyney messed up the schedule and then IUP moved it to a Thursday night game and blew them off the field.
              Not true. Simple trade as Millersville did Not want to start 2019 with 4 straight ROAD Games. They approached IUP..

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                Not true. Simple trade as Millersville did Not want to start 2019 with 4 straight ROAD Games. They approached IUP..
                Did the venue really matter? They could have played on Mars and the score would have been the same.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                  That is a traffic jam by Indiana County standards. There will probably be a story in the Gazette about it tomorrow. I spent the day in D.C. for meetings and on the way back to the airport I sat in at least three traffic jams that lasted that long. Remember the opening scene in Office Space where Peter watches the guy in the walker pass cars in traffic? Yeah...that was real life today. Enjoy the game Nation!
                  I have a relative from Homer City that doesn't like to come to Indiana because of "all the traffic." Perspective is everything.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                    Cool. I see me.

Comment

Originally posted by oakleafmold View Post
                      I have a relative from Homer City that doesn't like to come to Indiana because of "all the traffic." Perspective is everything.
                      Good point!

Looked like a really nice crowd on a comfortable night for football. Glad you made it out. How was the atmosphere?

Comment

LOL ...

That said, try getting in to the 'world famous' Sanzo's on a Friday or Saturday night. Only pizza place around you essentially need a reservation.

Comment

Comment

Oakland Ave (the campus stretch) is like being in Manhattan !! Per capita, of course.

Comment

Didn't even know IUP was playing again on Thursday. Thanks for making my commentary look silly, Guys couldn't score 60+. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by WCU007 View Post
                                Didn't even know IUP was playing again on Thursday. Thanks for making my commentary look silly, Guys couldn't score 60+. LOL
                                As Matt pointed out that was IUP's 10th straight win against EAST teams with an average margin of victory of 36 points. I think that says all you need to know.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X