Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Congratulations to the Cal posters. All 5 of you.

Comment

• Re: IUP at Cal #CoalBowl2018

So Homer is right. Cal wins. Lenny tanks. And IUP reaction is to out his name? LOL....that's weak. He's got bragging rights for another year....even better after hearing how wrong he was going to be and IUP (and Lenny) was going to show him.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
        So Homer is right. Cal wins. Lenny tanks. And IUP reaction is to out his name? LOL....that's weak. He's got bragging rights for another year....even better after hearing how wrong he was going to be and IUP (and Lenny) was going to show him.

Comment

So, I picked IUP to win... and I posted that it would be soundly. But, I'm not surprised at CAL winning either. Most posters have been saying that IUP hasn't been tested, yeah I know but Ashland. Maybe Ashland isn't all that this year? Personally, I thing playing from behind is a whole different animal that playing while ahead (as well as tight games). IUP has not played from behind or tight games very often the last 2 or 3 years. I also stated weeks ago that CAL can and will score points but the defense is troublesome. I see the DB playing much better. The LB core ,still without Coxe, is playing very well. And #7, well he is showing his difference.

Just one more great game in a very consistently competitive rivalry game! This is why college football is head above the NFL.

Comment

AWFUL Game changer call. Clear interception that the Umpire clearly signaled emphatically. Then the Fat white hat umpire is standing 20 yards away and over rules 2 guys. NO WAY that head ref is a flat out Cheater.......IUP should contact the home office and demand that guy fired or suspended.......For Sure.....

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
              ... Still, had the pick six gone a little different, IUP would have been up by 1. with momentum. I couldn't tell if it was a poor throw, or great defense - The radio claimed it was a jumped route - couldn't tell from the stream. maybe someone who was there had a good look.
              I think it was a little bit of both. IUP had a receiver about a yard behind two defenders. Just my guess from watching similar plays, a rainbow sort of pass over top the defenders makes the ball catch-able only by the receiver behind the defenders - McSorely threw a similar pass last night. Instead a line pass was thrown and the defender who intercepted clearly read the play because he came across and intercepted the pass. So, I would say bad execution on the pass because at best there was double underneath coverage and a good read by the Cal db.

Comment

I agree a Lot of football left, IUP will circle the wagons 2 straight at home. Sometimes not winning the West is a better route, softer last game at home then playoffs....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                  AWFUL Game changer call. Clear interception that the Umpire clearly signaled emphatically. Then the Fat white hat umpire is standing 20 yards away and over rules 2 guys. NO WAY that head ref is a flat out Cheater.......IUP should contact the home office and demand that guy fired or suspended.......For Sure.....
                  Sounds like you're playing better defense than IUP did.

Comment

Lenny is the best In the PSAC

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                      Sounds like you're playing better defense than IUP did.

Comment

I kept waiting for IUP to make the run in the second half, after Cal had the PAT blocked there was a sense of gloom amongst the cal stands. Everyone expect cal to drop the game by one.

I was surprised when I checked the box score to see that cal was called for one more flag than IUP and for more yardage. The biggest surprise or problem for IUP and the fan base moving forward was missed throws by Lenny , he seemed rattled and missed some open guys in the second half. I was very surprised and if I was an IUP fan this would worry me moving forward. Lenny is an amazing athlete but still seems to have a suspect arm at times.
                        @zsimpson_d2

Comment

• IUP at Cal #CoalBowl2018

Originally posted by Zach Simpson View Post
                          I kept waiting for IUP to make the run in the second half, after Cal had the PAT blocked there was a sense of gloom amongst the cal stands. Everyone expect cal to drop the game by one.

I was surprised when I checked the box score to see that cal was called for one more flag than IUP and for more yardage. The biggest surprise or problem for IUP and the fan base moving forward was missed throws by Lenny , he seemed rattled and missed some open guys in the second half. I was very surprised and if I was an IUP fan this would worry me moving forward. Lenny is an amazing athlete but still seems to have a suspect arm at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Simpson View Post

He will win Harlon Hill he is the best

Comment

• Comment

Well said! But I think there may be a curse at Adamson. I have been looking into this and some different theories abound here from several credible sources:

1. Homer has put some sort of Haitian Voodo curse on IUP at Adamson. Has Homer ever journeyed to Haiti?

2. Adamson is built upon the site of an old Indian burial ground. Before the old chief died several centuries ago he uttered that the crimson birdmen would never win here.

3. The UFO that landed in the woods at Kecksburg in December 1965 had little green men who now reside secretly at Adamson and they use their Martian death ray on IUP when they come to town.

Something weird is going on down there. Just some really strange stuff has happened that maybe can't be explained with conventional thought.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X