Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Rankings

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Fair question. I think the board is a little down on WCU after the State Game smackdown a year ago and the big loss to IUP in the playoffs ... not sure many people think real highly of that undefeated record to this point. A very average Shippensburg is probably their signature win to this point and both the Ship and Bloom wins were very close (one TD and one FG).

A team has to play its schedule. Would an IUP, Shepherd or Cal also be undefeated having played WCU's schedule to this point ... yes.

Their time is coming to prove everybody wrong.

As for Kutztown, they never get talked about on here (football or basketball) -- likely for the simple reason they don't have any (or very, very few) posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
      Unless something has changed, it's a state that borders your state, not your region's states.

The worksheet shows Slippery Rock is 7-1 in D2, 6-1 in region.
      That really is a dumb rule.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
        True on IUP part. Home softie would be my guess. No road game or home and home battle just not worth it for sure
        Wit h anew QB next year ,I bet Tort doesn't look for a game, it gives an extra week of practice in fall camp, without having to prepare for an opponent. He said as much on several interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
          Wit h anew QB next year ,I bet Tort doesn't look for a game, it gives an extra week of practice in fall camp, without having to prepare for an opponent. He said as much on several interviews.
          They will play a game if they can find the right fit. Extra week of camp helps nobody, the kids hate it, the coaches hate it, the fans hate it. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
            They will play a game if they can find the right fit. Extra week of camp helps nobody, the kids hate it, the coaches hate it, the fans hate it. jus sayin
            Agree 100 percent. Another week of camp is like going to get a root canal. Players improve playing live games ... I don't know how much a QB really improves wearing a black 'don't touch me' jersey.

They just need a tune-up type opponent. Nothing more.

Comment

Agree 100 percent. Another week of camp is like going to get a root canal. Players improve playing live games ... I don't know how much a QB really improves wearing a black 'don't touch me' jersey.

Lake Erie is advertising that they're open that date :laugh:

Another is Ohio Dominican.

Comment

I'd take the ODU series if Game 1 was in Indiana.

I tend to think they either want a Lake Erie type or no game, however.

A lot of it comes down to who you get in crossover, too. In years you draw a WCU or Kutztown, there's absolutely no reason to play a marquee opener.

If only the other big-name coach at IUP would buy in to that premise.

Comment

I'd take the ODU series if Game 1 was in Indiana.

I tend to think they either want a Lake Erie type or no game, however.

A lot of it comes down to who you get in crossover, too. In years you draw a WCU or Kutztown, there's absolutely no reason to play a marquee opener.

If only the other big-name coach at IUP would buy in to that premise.
                  2019 through 2021 schedules are now posted. I just created a thread. They may want an ODU to boost their OWP.

2019: Millersville, Lock Haven, at Shippensburg

2020: at Kutztown, at Shepherd, West Chester

2021: Kuztown, Shepherd, at West Chester

Comment

The other positive to no first week game is that the start date of camp is moved later, too, which saves a week of room and board for the team. Believe it or not, the team has to pay for board the before school starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      Lake Erie is advertising that they're open that date :laugh:

Another is Ohio Dominican.
                      I believe Ashland opens with ODU in 2019 according to Ashlandcweb site.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        2019 through 2021 schedules are now posted. I just created a thread. They may want an ODU to boost their OWP.

2019: Millersville, Lock Haven, at Shippensburg

2020: at Kutztown, at Shepherd, West Chester

2021: Kuztown, Shepherd, at West Chester
                        2019 will need to be a home game. They only have 4 home as we speak, remember Millersville is away, they traded dates.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                          I believe Ashland opens with ODU in 2019 according to Ashlandcweb site.
                          I don't see that anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            The other positive to no first week game is that the start date of camp is moved later, too, which saves a week of room and board for the team. Believe it or not, the team has to pay for board the before school starts.
                            Didn't think money was a problem there?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X