Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denny Douds retired today??

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    If you are going to gush about all his wins....please make note that at least 30% of those total wins came from playing two bottom feeder teams over those four decades.

Because you ALWAYS talk about the years IUP was down, right...You are a hypocrite, and nothing more...

Why don't you blame the refs some more for your losses this year??
    Pssst .......The PSAC blamed the refs ....... jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
      If you are going to gush about all his wins....please make note that at least 30% of those total wins came from playing two bottom feeder teams over those four decades.

Because you ALWAYS talk about the years IUP was down, right...You are a hypocrite, and nothing more...

Why don't you blame the refs some more for your losses this year??
      Screw that notion. If we had a better press box we'd have won those games.

Comment

I don't know this man and I also understand there are people on this board who call Denny Douds a friend. Granted, Douds has 250+ more college football wins than I do. However, I think this act needs to be roundly criticized.

Having seen the video I think this act was outrageously ill-conceived and very selfish. Douds, while being the HC for 45 years is still a representative of the university. He is also supposed to be a leader to his players, both past and current. He has constituencies in the ESU fans and, actually, anybody associated with ESU. I think he failed them all.

It's clear that he thinks his retirement is all about him. It's not. There was no class in this act whatsoever. His retirement has got to be coordinated with the University administration. That's the way it's done. Not 'his way.' It would be hard for me to believe this was coordinated with the university administration in such a way.

I guess we just leave it as Denny being Denny. But, unfortunately, his long career will forever be linked to this poorly thought out, arrogant act.
        Last edited by iupgroundhog; 10-31-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

By the way, team, I know the season isn't over. But ... let's be honest. It's over. I'm out. Go get 'em next week.

And, even though we just got blasted, let's celebrate. Me.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            By the way, team, I know the season isn't over. But ... let's be honest. It's over. I'm out. Go get 'em next week.

And, even though we just got blasted, let's celebrate. Me.
            Not to say that his retirement is free from criticism, because there are definitely reasons to criticize, but he did it this way specifically to avoid a celebration. That much has been established.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
              Not to say that his retirement is free from criticism, because there are definitely reasons to criticize, but he did it this way specifically to avoid a celebration. That much has been established.
              If he truly wanted to avoid a "celebration" he could have quietly left in 2 weeks in front of noone..... jus sayin

Comment

He was there like 50 years. Two more games? No way anybody in the know didn't think this wasn't the spectacle approach.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  He was there like 50 years. Two more games? No way anybody in the know didn't think this was the spectacle approach.
                  It's only the spectacle approach on here because we are talking about it. There's been no sort of celebration or ceremony on ESU's campus and nobody was invited back to campus for the occasion.

Comment

It's only the spectacle approach on here because we are talking about it. There's been no sort of celebration or ceremony on ESU's campus and nobody was invited back to campus for the occasion.
                    He wanted to go his way, to the adoration of all of those paying fans in the shadow of that awesome press box ..... job done. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                      If the plan was to be dramatic ... I would say it didn't really work.
                      It might have been more dramatic had they stopped the game between the third and fourth quarter and announced this was the last 15 minutes of his coaching career.

The players would have gotten fired up and I am sure so would the crowd. They might have been able to upset Ohio Dominican as a result.

Comment

Comment

What if Lenny William's wanted his last game to be in Edinboro? Same concept, right?

Comment

The 60 minutes of playing time is reserved for playing the game. There are post-game press conferences or maybe even halftime presentations for these kinds of things. Not that the players or other coaches cared at that point but Douds put the entire game (with a few ticks on the clock) on hold so that he could retire. Make of it what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                              Because you are a negative, toxic individual. Everything you post has some type of negativity involved in it. I actually feel sorry for your family who needs to deal with you. I bet it is so hard for you to give praise, or say something nice to someone.

The SID of a University is obviously going to do their job at promoting their players, teams, and coaches. When have you ever seen an SID title an article stating "Tufts University loses because wide receiver Johnson drops pass with no time left"? Never.

And you ALWAYS go back to how great IUP was in the 90s. Congrats. You guys had a great run. No one is denying that. That was 20 years ago! Grow up. I could care less what his record vs IUP was. He shaped many young men in his life, and still does to this day. He had a positive impact on so many lives, in and out of that program. I could care less if he was 1-100. There is more to life than football, and he used football to teach young men how to BE MEN! That is non-debatable.

You need some serious help pal. And I am not busting your balls. I have read these threads for years, and you have some sort of insecurity issue. Keep blowing IUP from the 90s; no one cares anymore.
                              Oh yes when you can't really argue to fact you resort to the "you need help" tactic because you are so well adjusted in life.

I'm not being negative. I don't hate the man. I'm glad he left on his terms. However it is that ESU holier than thou self righteousness that I can't stand.

My first time to your school was the year we won 34-0 and the message being disrespectful to Frank was run across the scoreboard. You have once chance to make a first and lasting impression and that was the one I took away from ESU. Then Denny got some good teams and beat teams far worse than 34-0. Did they run messages across their scoreboard?

So you can take your Dr. Phil diagnosis of me and file it away because it's been said before and it's just a sad tactic when you can't refute the facts.

Comment

That's a good question. Perhaps he figured it would be less drawn-out if he did it just before the clock expired. Personally, I do agree gathering the team after the game would have been a better move, but that's in hindsight.

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                                The 60 minutes of playing time is reserved for playing the game. There are post-game press conferences or maybe even halftime presentations for these kinds of things. Not that the players or other coaches cared at that point but Douds put the entire game (with a few ticks on the clock) on hold so that he could retire. Make of it what you will.
                                I'm not saying it was wise. But he didn't do it for the spectacle, that much is clear. If he wanted to make it a big deal, he did a very poor job of that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X