Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheperd @ Clarion

I feel like this one deserves its own thread, interested to hear some thoughts. Forecast for the weekend is looking perfect, hoping Clarion promotes this one a little, should be a nice crowd on hand. I said week one I really liked the talent Clarion was putting out there but was unsure how quickly they would be able to come together. It seems they've done that, but have yet to be tested. thought it would happen week one, it didn't but that will change this weekend. Caught a bit of the Shepherd game last week, they look very solid across the board. Really interested to see how this one plays out.

Well if we don't get the turnover bug figured out & start getting some more yards on the ground it might not be such a good game!

Clarion is looking good rushing the ball so it will be another test for the young ram D.

Comment

Shepherd tightens up their game and comes way with a win. Clarion will be a handful as they seem to be moving in an improving direction and are certainly capable of playing beyond expectations. I was loafing around under the 45 bridge the other day idly casting for trophy rainbows and noticed a truck with the banner "Steve's Stick-em, We'll help you hold the ball". The truck was headed in the direction of Shepherdstown.

Comment

Comment

Other than CAL U--SHIP,. this will be the game I'll be keeping an eye on this week. Though the VULCANS win most of their matchups vs CLARION (15-0 since '05), the games have been closer in the last 5 years with the G'IGGLES averaging 25ppg. Bad placement this season after the COAL BOWL and on HOMECOMING. Lots of potential to overlook the game.
          Also interested in seeing if the RAMS can focus on this game with their first PSAC EAST game coming the following week. Expect they'll be better prepared than last week at MC and come away with the win but it may again be close.

Comment

I love the mercyhurst should have won narrative when shepherd led the entire game and every metric of measuring the game from a statistical perspective would indicate shepherd should have won by more than 2 or 3 scores. But yea whatever helps you sleep at night.

Comment

Shep needs to cut down on the mental mistakes. They have dominated their first two opponents statistically, but let them stay to close. They shut down two strong running backs with strong d-line play. I think they need to juggle their three running backs. We have one big back Glover who may be better in short yardage, Hebron is fast and has good vision but is prone to fumble and Brown who is fast as lighting and needs more carries. I don't think the D has forced any turnovers and like to see some takeaways this game. Hope we are not underestimate Clarion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post
                Shep needs to cut down on the mental mistakes. They have dominated their first two opponents statistically, but let them stay to close. They shut down two strong running backs with strong d-line play. I think they need to juggle their three running backs. We have one big back Glover who may be better in short yardage, Hebron is fast and has good vision but is prone to fumble and Brown who is fast as lighting and needs more carries. I don't think the D has forced any turnovers and like to see some takeaways this game. Hope we are not underestimate Clarion.
                I don't know if I would call the first to games domination. Clarion has what it takes to beat the Rams, offense coordinator that knows how to call plays. Even though Clarion first two game was against Shippensburg and Lock Haven (average at best), defense does give up TD's, I think this will be a touchdown fest for both teams, because the RAMS defense is on the same caliber of talent as Clarion. Clarion outscores the Rams by 2 TD's. If Clarion CB's and Safety improve this week (Passing game is all the Rams have), because the Rams running game is horrible, then this game could get out of control. Clarion offense is to good and will expose all of the Rams defensive woos. Score will be 42-28 (Clarion), but I can also see a score 42-38 (Clarion). The Defense that shows up will win. But this will be one of the games I will be watching Saturday.

Comment

Shepherd by 14

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190919-193534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	424388 I see what you guys are saying, Mercyhurst should have won this game. Dominated on the ground with 21 yards, oh wait that's not it. Mercyhurst was outgained in yards by 168, oh wait that's not it either. They had sixteen first downs! Oh, Shepherd had 27 and gave us three first downs by penalty.
                    No, quite frankly Shepherd allowed you to stick around and gave Mercyhurst the opportunity to win . Didn't execute. Stats provided to you by the Mercyhurst athletic department.

Comment

Let's not forget we've seen this movie from Clarion many times over the years ... fast starts, feel-good stories.

Then, of course, the schedule gets real and the Golden Eagles fly in to a tree head first. Tomorrow is a chance to end that stigma against a quaility opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Let's not forget we've seen this movie from Clarion many times over the years ... fast starts, feel-good stories.

Then, of course, the schedule gets real and the Golden Eagles fly in to a tree head first. Tomorrow is a chance to end that stigma against a quaility opponent.

Comment

If Clarion beats Shepherd, I'll jump right back onto this board to give them credit, but I will believe it when I see it. Shippensburg in what appears so far to be a down year and Lock Haven are definitely not Shepherd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                            If Clarion beats Shepherd, I'll jump right back onto this board to give them credit, but I will believe it when I see it. Shippensburg in what appears so far to be a down year and Lock Haven are definitely not Shepherd.
                            SHEPHERD losing a close one to ODU is not unexpected. SHEPHERD winning a close one (stats aside) was not a very good sign. I've no idea how this will turn out, but a close win or lose will not bode well for the Homecoming vs KUTZTOWN. Time will tell.

Comment

Check that box. Shepherd disposes of a historical thorn in the side as a good team should. I have no complaints, although I'll be looking for some analysis from the long time Shepherd faithful. Next week vs Kutz is big game as it sets up the #1 contender for West Chester. I'll be picking Shepherd in the weekly pick em.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X