Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes at IUP

Not sure if the coach is looking for a new group, but at least one player for IUP is leaving. John McDonald-Horner announced on Twitter that he is leaving IUP. Are more players to follow? Is this an anomaly, or is sweeping change on the horizon? This could be an interesting off season.

Re: Changes at IUP

I bet he tries to make a D1 team again.

Comment

He didn't dress the final two games.

What in the world position would he play at D1?

Good athlete but no D1 player. Not even close.

May want to check if he's leaving or was told he's leaving. Big difference. Just sayin'

Comment

How about some uniform changes. Get rid of those awful trousers and go back to the ones that had the stripe running down the leg. They looked much better. Maybe add a stripe down the center of the helmet. Jerseys are okay.

I wonder if there will be any changes in regards to the coaching staff?

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

May want to check if he's leaving or was told he's leaving. Big difference. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
            I bet he tries to make a D1 team again.
            Or the young man could just transfer to Cal U or Slippery Rock...even Edinboro.

Comment

His name is already off the roster......

Comment

He was a DB last time he was with a D1 team. Could play safety or kick off team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                  He was a DB last time he was with a D1 team. Could play safety or kick off team.

He couldn't start at IUP. He wouldn't have next year, either. If it was his choice to leave (doesn't sound like it), he probably wants to go somewhere so he can play more than just the kickoff team. Could he get on the team at some bush league D1 school in the NEC ... probably. But, nothing above that level.

He was a healthy scratch the last two games. Buyer beware.

Comment

He couldn't start at IUP. He wouldn't have next year, either. If it was his choice to leave (doesn't sound like it), he probably wants to go somewhere so he can play more than just the kickoff team. Could he get on the team at some bush league D1 school in the NEC ... probably. But, nothing above that level.

I'm wondering if this is the front end of the locker room problem we are all speculating about. The DBs went through a bunch of changes after the Rock game. AD and JR Stevens Sat, AD played some safety.

Comment

All one had to do was watch the sidelines this year -- certain groups in particular. It was a mess. I was fully expecting some major house cleaning.

One big issue they had last off-season as a result of the academic debacle was they were scrambling for bodies very late in the recruiting cycle. When you start buying transfers in late July and August ... those are the leftovers. Not all but most have baggage at that point.

If there's one positive to this year ending early is it gives them a jump on next season. Figure out who is being invited to stay and who is on the first bus out of town. McDonald-Horner won't be the only one leaving. Every program has turnover. That's just the world of the NCAA nowadays.

Just a guess but this won't be a big high school class. They have enough coming back to make noise next year. Tort will need to fill a few key spots with some stud transfers (and not the type you sign in mid-August).

Comment

All one had to do was watch the sidelines this year -- certain groups in particular. It was a mess. I was fully expecting some major house cleaning.
                        One big issue they had last off-season as a result of the academic debacle was they were scrambling for bodies very late in the recruiting cycle. When you start buying transfers in late July and August ... those are the leftovers. Not all but most have baggage at that point.
                        If there's one positive to this year ending early is it gives them a jump on next season. Figure out who is being invited to stay and who is on the first bus out of town. McDonald-Horner won't be the only one leaving. Every program has turnover. That's just the world of the NCAA nowadays.
                        Just a guess but this won't be a big high school class. They have enough coming back to make noise next year. Tort will need to fill a few key spots with some stud transfers (and not the type you sign in mid-August).
                        I think you are correct on all points. That being said, team discipline is something that has to be managed. You can't let it overtake the season. Also, you have to recruit players who are likely to succeed academically and then manage their classroom performance. Even after subtracting academic casualties they still had the talent level but it didn't happen.

Comment

Comment

I am not sure why he "wouldn't" have started next year. Free Safety and the Star positions are open. The young man made plays when given the opportunity to play. He probably voiced his desire to play more ESPECIALLY when the team was struggling, which probably hurt someone feelings, probably leading to the "healthy scratch" and with him ultimately deciding (according to his Twitter) that he is taking his talents elsewhere. I am sure some team, perhaps a D-II school will be happy to pick him up. I most definitely wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                              I am not sure why he "wouldn't" have started next year. Free Safety and the Star positions are open. The young man made plays when given the opportunity to play. He probably voiced his desire to play more ESPECIALLY when the team was struggling, which probably hurt someone feelings, probably leading to the "healthy scratch" and with him ultimately deciding (according to his Twitter) that he is taking his talents elsewhere. I am sure some team, perhaps a D-II school will be happy to pick him up. I most definitely wish him well.
                              you know, I was wondering the same thing, why wasn't he playing more when our starting Free Safety was struggling. I could see someone shooting his mouth off, and making someone mad.

Then again, the DC was the OC when we had Bo Napoleon. . . . Just sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X