Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changes at IUP

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    How about some uniform changes. Get rid of those awful trousers and go back to the ones that had the stripe running down the leg. They looked much better. Maybe add a stripe down the center of the helmet. Jerseys are okay.

I wonder if there will be any changes in regards to the coaching staff?

-
    Agree 100%, the pants are horrific. The Classics are the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
      Not sure if the coach is looking for a new group, but at least one player for IUP is leaving. John McDonald-Horner announced on Twitter that he is leaving IUP. Are more players to follow? Is this an anomaly, or is sweeping change on the horizon? This could be an interesting off season.
      McDonald-Horner abandoned his teammates with 2 weeks left in the season .... shows the type of character he has. Whoever gets him gets a pretty good athlete but a bigger pain in the rear end. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
        How about some uniform changes. Get rid of those awful trousers and go back to the ones that had the stripe running down the leg. They looked much better. Maybe add a stripe down the center of the helmet. Jerseys are okay.

I wonder if there will be any changes in regards to the coaching staff?

-
        Without a doubt .... my guess is at least 2 most likely more. jus sayin

Comment

My take is he had the athleticism to play but he did not have the wherewithal to play mentally for whatever reason. Perhaps this was also his problem at ISU and it will most likely be his issue where ever he ends up. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
            McDonald-Horner abandoned his teammates with 2 weeks left in the season .... shows the type of character he has. Whoever gets him gets a pretty good athlete but a bigger pain in the rear end. jus sayin
            I am betting he was baited into abandoning his teammates. But its over now. With the secondary struggling with players ahead of him he probably wanted a chance to play. Probably went about it the wrong way, but I bet it was that he just wanted to play.....just sayin YO.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                I am betting he was baited into abandoning his teammates. But its over now. With the secondary struggling with players ahead of him he probably wanted a chance to play. Probably went about it the wrong way, but I bet it was that he just wanted to play.....just sayin YO.
                We keep saying secondary but he was listed as a LB -- of which he was way too small.

6'3" is fine but he weighed about 145 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  We keep saying secondary but he was listed as a LB -- of which he was way too small.

6'3" is fine but he weighed about 145 lbs.
                  He played the Star and Safety positions

Comment

Regardless.

Best of luck to him.

That said, he's a ghost now.

Rather than the 'what could have been' .... Who is going to be next?

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                      Yeah ... I was told the same thing.

That's why the other day I said Buyer Beware.

Comment

Comment

The secondary in general was a hot mess. That means EVERYBODY was out there making mistakes the entire season. Unfortunately some got punished harder for their mistakes. But its over and done with. The young man is gone and I do wish him luck. Maybe it would force him to work on his craft harder to become a better player, nothing like some adversity.

Comment

I saw similar things on the CAL roster, players leaving the team midseason or even very early in the year. Not sure what this is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
                              I saw similar things on the CAL roster, players leaving the team midseason or even very early in the year. Not sure what this is all about.
                              It's the new thing to do in college sports ... transfer.

Not playing? Bye. Coach yells too much? Bye. You aren't the star you were in Class A high school on Day 1? Bye.

This is a generation which grew up much differently than most of us.

The IUP cast of scholars last summer realized for likely the first time no grades no play. Duane Brown was treated as a God at Apollo-Ridge -- not uncommon for stars in small towns.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                It's the new thing to do in college sports ... transfer.

Not playing? Bye. Coach yells too much? Bye. You aren't the star you were in Class A high school on Day 1? Bye.

This is a generation which grew up much differently than most of us.

The IUP cast of scholars last summer realized for likely the first time no grades no play. Duane Brown was treated as a God at Apollo-Ridge -- not uncommon for stars in small towns.
                                Small town??? That's how it is every where now. Administration/coaches fudging grades etc happens all the time now in High School. The other trick is label the kid learning support and now he's eligible period in High School BUT that stuff doesn't work in college.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X