Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Changes at IUP

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Jordan Scarbrough DT Stony Brook....from woodland hills HS. Looking to transfer...possibly a future PSAC'er. Maybe IUP or Cal both needing DT help.
    Looks like he would have 2 years remaining of eligibility and because he sat out last season I'm not certain he would automatically drop down to D2 he could be eligible at a FCS school immediately if he choose a NEC or Patriot League school where he would get a full ride rather than a partial at IUP or Cal. If either of those schools can land him that would be a huge get as he was fairly productive at SBU as a true freshman and sophomore.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
      Agree with this, but I'll go one step further. Do your do diligence on them BEFORE you bring them in .... HS coaches know these kids, listen to them. jus sayin
      You can't always go by this either. I know a few coaches who allow their anger with the jerkoff parents form their opinion on the kids even though the kids were not a problem. In fact some of the kids I think of were positive role models for the team let alone not a problem kid. Not saying it happens often that a HS coach does this, but it does happen enough, that you can't take the coaches word as gospel.
      Last edited by Mikefln; 11-28-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
        Looks like he would have 2 years remaining of eligibility and because he sat out last season I'm not certain he would automatically drop down to D2 he could be eligible at a FCS school immediately if he choose a NEC or Patriot League school where he would get a full ride rather than a partial at IUP or Cal. If either of those schools can land him that would be a huge get as he was fairly productive at SBU as a true freshman and sophomore.
        Looks like he just got an offer from Cal. I'm sure IUP isn't far behind. He retweeted Justice Evans highlights from this year. His bio said he played at Central Catholic up until his sr year at Woodland Hills.
        Last edited by EdinboroFB; 11-28-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
          Looks like he just got an offer from Cal. I'm sure IUP isn't far behind. He retweeted Justice Evans highlights from this year. His bio said he played at Central Catholic up until his sr year at Woodland Hills.
          Notice he said his offer from Cal was a 'full' scholarship. Looks like Franklin Pierce also offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Rams Fan View Post
            For me I would say no.
            I would say absolutely it will.

Bowie State I never considered a real threat to Shepherd in recruiting, but FSU will be. Shepherd has mined MD for years, it's always been a very underrated state for football talent and having a school being able to offer the instate tuition i think becomes a major player and threat to Shepherd in recruiting.

Comment

If I'm looking at this correctly, Franklin Pierce plays sprint football. How could a 280 lb D-Tackle play Sprint football?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                If I'm looking at this correctly, Franklin Pierce plays sprint football. How could a 280 lb D-Tackle play Sprint football?
                Franklin Pierce is transitioning into a full football program from their sprint football program.

Comment

In case you missed it (or care) ... West Florida QB is transferring.

His twitter say he'd have 2 D1 years or 3 D2 years of eligibility.

Sounds like he will qualify for a medical redshirt for 2018. If he 'goes up' he has to sit a year.

Let's send the jet down.

Comment

Per the Twitter world, Lackawanna OL Jerome Brown picked up offers by IUP and Shepherd this week.

Listed at 6'4", 330 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Per the Twitter world, Lackawanna OL Jerome Brown picked up offers by IUP and Shepherd this week.

Listed at 6'4", 330 lbs.
                      Some new recruiting battles!

Comment

Sounds like he will qualify for a medical redshirt for 2018. If he 'goes up' he has to sit a year.

Let's send the jet down.
                        An interesting point. Does IUP stand pat with Davis and Wilkerson and content to let them battle it out in spring ball or do they go after a seasoned transfer to add to the mix?

-

Comment

If the right guy is there you take him. Team has far too much coming back to risk it all on a redshirt freshman QB with zero meaningful career snaps.

Comment

If the right guy is there you take him. Team has far too much coming back to risk it all on a redshirt freshman QB with zero meaningful career snaps.
                            AGREED

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Notice he said his offer from Cal was a 'full' scholarship. Looks like Franklin Pierce also offered.

Is SCI Mon Valley back to taking money from the library fund again to pay for foosball?

Comment

Let's send the jet down.
                                Just to be clear and on the same page here----are you talking about #13 Mike Beaudry who QBed WFU over IUP of December last?

6-5, 245. Canadian.

Why is he transferring? Why did he miss all the season but the opener this fall? What sort of offensive system does he run?

IUP of late has recruited a certain type of QB. Lenny Williams type. Athletic and mobile. Does Beaudry fit that description

He'll be 22 next summer. Looks like he missed the 2015, 2016, and 2018 seasons with injuries.

Or are you talking about a completely different QB here?

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X