Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Changes at IUP

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    So far Pittsburgh City College looks pretty bad vs The Dabos.
    Men vs boys

Comment

Pitt won't quit. May lose big but they'll fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
        They need to after that guy, kids a winner.
        IUP412 !!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Pitt won't quit. May lose big but they'll fight.

Comment

Per the Twitter world, Lackawanna OL Jerome Brown picked up offers by IUP and Shepherd this week.

Listed at 6'4", 330 lbs.

Edinboro has also offered.

Comment

Alot coming via twitter the last few days -

Tank Smith - https://twitter.com/TankCinco/status...35816159137794

Jadon Turner - https://twitter.com/JadonTurn3r/stat...65274944094208

Harrison Dreher - https://twitter.com/Goony__6/status/1067483071618924544

Comment

Edinboro has also offered.
                Edinboro appears to be going in the JUCO direction........Prediction.....when Lustig's recruiting class is gone.....3-4 wins a year moving forward. JUCO brings issues more often than not. Not hate...just facts. I hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BoroBacker View Post
                  Edinboro appears to be going in the JUCO direction........Prediction.....when Lustig's recruiting class is gone.....3-4 wins a year moving forward. JUCO brings issues more often than not. Not hate...just facts. I hope I am wrong.
                  It's a dangerous game.

Reminds me of Roulette. You can win real big. Or lose your job. The way that ball bounces can make or break a program.

JUCO produces some real studs, though. It's easy to see the appeal for coaches. Those are mostly Day 1 ready players. There are JUCO programs that are literally D1 factories. Going the 'freshmen' route takes time -- and patience. Patience from the brass and boosters/fans. That does't always happen.

On the surface you can assume you're only getting 1 or 2 years from a JUCO recruit. The reality is the 4-year player for any program is dwindling by the year and is quickly becoming a dying breed. Players transfer constantly now.

Take your (all of you) schools last 6-7 high school signing classes. How many of those players lasted 4 seasons in your program? Hint: It's likely a scary number.

Not all JUCO players are academic problems, either. IUP recruited a bunch of high school academic problems. They all watched last season on the live feeds with the rest of us.

Comment

FBS/FCS transfers are no different than the JUCO transfers....some can be good fits, some can be bad fits.

Comment

So one recruiting class has a value of 3-4 wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        So one recruiting class has a value of 3-4 wins?
                        I think Coach Lustig hit a homerun with that first recruiting class. For as late to the party as he was.....he really did quite well. I think there are other factors too....but I see a drop off. One guy's opinion is all.

Comment

I think Coach Lustig hit a homerun with that first recruiting class. For as late to the party as he was.....he really did quite well. I think there are other factors too....but I see a drop off. One guy's opinion is all.
                          I might agree with you if the QB situation doesn't improve. You can't win 7 games in this division with mediocre QB play.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                            I might agree with you if the QB situation doesn't improve. You can't win 7 games in this division with mediocre QB play.
                            Replacing Fletcher will be a pretty big mountain to climb as well.

Comment

Grand Valley also takes Lake Erie's place on the schedule next year. That could start the year off in a different mindset than a 69-0 win like this year. The Lustig class will be R-so and true Juniors. Depending on the Offense and the play right away guys they can find this year...next year is a possible 3-4 win season that your talking about. Losing 18 sr's and a lot of youth in the psac west on this years rosters and starting at GVSU. Atleast, Fletcher and Gregory can make up for some inconsistencies at QB again.

The offense has a lot back but not sure if anyone on the roster is ready to replace Staunch at RT....or Clark at WR. The DL needs mostly rebuilt...I think most or all the "Lustig class" D-lineman left...causing a big hole there. CB seemed to get thin this year with a few injuries and graduates Hendrick. LB loses a starter and all the depth. I think those spots needing a handful of guys to play right away is why the juco push is on. This recruiting class will probably be pretty big...and it will probably run up to camp like last year. Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                                Grand Valley also takes Lake Erie's place on the schedule next year. That could start the year off in a different mindset than a 69-0 win like this year. The Lustig class will be R-so and true Juniors. Depending on the Offense and the play right away guys they can find this year...next year is a possible 3-4 win season that your talking about. Losing 18 sr's and a lot of youth in the psac west on this years rosters and starting at GVSU. Atleast, Fletcher and Gregory can make up for some inconsistencies at QB again.

The offense has a lot back but not sure if anyone on the roster is ready to replace Staunch at RT....or Clark at WR. The DL needs mostly rebuilt...I think most or all the "Lustig class" D-lineman left...causing a big hole there. CB seemed to get thin this year with a few injuries and graduates Hendrick. LB loses a starter and all the depth. I think those spots needing a handful of guys to play right away is why the juco push is on. This recruiting class will probably be pretty big...and it will probably run up to camp like last year. Should be interesting.
                                I have heard that Fletcher is leaving. Have you heard any truth to that rumor?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X