Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Changes at IUP

Originally posted by PSAC_FanBoy View Post
    WCU Should of been regional champs this year. Easily one of the best teams. The east could be better then the west for years to come with Shepard joining the PSAC
    Shepherd did not impress me in a weak conference this year. Then again they were a very young team across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
      What difference does it make to you sport? If you have ever been to a game you would know exactly who I am talking about so you can go ahead and call him out if you find value in it....jus sayin

Comment

If I had to guess... their # is between 1 and 10.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          They are interesting comments. It's nice to hear a coach not just babble in coach speak. That said, I didn't read any quotes saying anything about the coaching staff and the improvements THEY need to make. The players don't call the plays.

The team looked like, frankly, idiots screaming and fighting with each other on the sidelines each week. That got worse and worse as the season went along and wasn't fixed. That's a coaching item.

Saying things like 'we didn't play smart' and 'there was a lack of mental toughness' ... old saying: Speed of the captain speed of the crew. You can't put that all on the players.

Do I think they had some bad apples this year? No question. But, that needed dealt with and it didn't seem like it was.
          Agree with you 100%! Yes, there were some players that did not play to their abilities, but how about the coaching staff and their failures ? Can Coach Tort point at those items? VERY easy to target the players since they are the actual product on the field. But what about how these players were prepped ?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by PeeSackHero View Post
              If I had to guess... their # is between 1 and 10.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                When you high-point a pass to make an INT then THAT MY FRIEND is example of good ball skills, which he did in his last played game against Seton Hill.

You can continue to point out his bad play, but the ENTIRE SECONDARY played bad. But as a stated earlier, some are punished harder than others.

The ENTIRE TEAM, meaning players AND coaching staff needs to be pointing at themselves, not at others. That is my main point I been trying to make. People don't have to be cut, shown the doors, etc...but changes/adjustments are in order, or they will be taking another step back.
                This is NOT HS or daddy ball, the best players play. He left Indiana State cause he couldn't play there and found out D2 at a School like IUP is no joke. Probably was stunned when the IUP roster was just as good as Indiana States.....We are grading and discussing JMH not the entire secondary and I gave u a solid evaluation...enough said

Comment

Visit Terre Haute some time. Makes Indiana, Pa., seem like Hollywood.

Comment

The cult shall be protected. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      The cult shall be protected. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        How do IUP fans feel about all these comments? Last week he was talking about how his team deserved to be in the playoffs.

Certainly a case can be made that most of these areas he's talking about are coachable things - intangibles, turnovers, lack of confidence.

I know Tort is a popular guy and all but is this the guy who is going to uphold the tradition and move IUP into the future as an elite D2 team?
                        I will take him that's for sure...Love a Coach that speaks the truth and doesn't try to Bull **** the media. Sounds like he respects Matt and gives him solid info. A lot better then the last 2 dweebs that thought they were the smartest guys in the room...Hey it is not the 90's anymore, it is hard to maintain only 2 teams made the playoffs 4 straight years Ferris and NWM IUP would of been the third.....Relax and support the guy he lost three games against decent teams when they TURNED the ball over ELEVEN times, u don't need to be Bill Parcells to figure out the results of that.....Just Sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                          I will take him that's for sure...Love a Coach that speaks the truth and doesn't try to Bull **** the media. Sounds like he respects Matt and gives him solid info. A lot better then the last 2 dweebs that thought they were the smartest guys in the room...Hey it is not the 90's anymore, it is hard to maintain only 2 teams made the playoffs 4 straight years Ferris and NWM IUP would of been the third.....Relax and support the guy he lost three games against decent teams when they TURNED the ball over ELEVEN times, u don't need to be Bill Parcells to figure out the results of that.....Just Sayin
                          Curt never lost to ship! Jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                            What difference does it make to you sport? If you have ever been to a game you would know exactly who I am talking about so you can go ahead and call him out if you find value in it....jus sayin
                            I have been to all the games and I have No Clue who u are talking about Pal......just sayin

Comment

Since the sideline dynamics rightfully got a lot of attention this year ... the disparity between groups was amazing.

The DBs were always moments away from hitting each other with tire irons. The OL just didn't speak to anybody and got their tails chewed at every turn -- to the point I think it took a mental toll on them.

The DL group had more F Bombs tossed at them than a 1980s Eddie Murphy skit -- but most in a positive reinforcement kind of way.

Most weeks the sideline was the show. That was the entertainment. The games were just kind of blah.

I don't know what Clarion did but that was the one game (half) that the team seemed really up. Obviously the second half and not the first half crap show.

They needed Dr. Phil more than some of those assistants.

The joys of a bad year ... everything gets analyzed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
                                Curt never lost to ship! Jus sayin
                                Nope ... but he lost a lot of big (winnable) games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X