Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changes at IUP

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Small town??? That's how it is every where now. Administration/coaches fudging grades etc happens all the time now in High School. The other trick is label the kid learning support and now he's eligible period in High School BUT that stuff doesn't work in college.
    I get the transfer stuff, guys come and go all the time. What I don't get about Horner is him leaving with 2 weeks to go. Not like he saved any eligibility by doing that .... What changed for him in the last couple weeks? He already wasn't playing much on the defense but that was by way of his own hands since it didn't look like he knew the scheme, which by the way for the DB's isn't all that complicated. Why not just grind it out to the finish? No matter what he thought of his coaches or his situation, a young man of character who cares about his teammates doesn't walk out on them like that, it will not help him down the road. He's looking for his 3rd team in 3 years that says a lot about him. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
      I get the transfer stuff, guys come and go all the time. What I don't get about Horner is him leaving with 2 weeks to go. Not like he saved any eligibility by doing that .... What changed for him in the last couple weeks? He already wasn't playing much on the defense but that was by way of his own hands since it didn't look like he knew the scheme, which by the way for the DB's isn't all that complicated. Why not just grind it out to the finish? No matter what he thought of his coaches or his situation, a young man of character who cares about his teammates doesn't walk out on them like that, it will not help him down the road. He's looking for his 3rd team in 3 years that says a lot about him. jus sayin
      Not a good look. He won't stay in the PSAC. He won't want to sit out a year. IUP can also block some schools in his release.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post

The "winners never quit, quitters never win" ethic is not that common anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
          you know, I was wondering the same thing, why wasn't he playing more when our starting Free Safety was struggling. I could see someone shooting his mouth off, and making someone mad.

Then again, the DC was the OC when we had Bo Napoleon. . . . Just sayin

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
              I am not sure why he "wouldn't" have started next year. Free Safety and the Star positions are open. The young man made plays when given the opportunity to play. He probably voiced his desire to play more ESPECIALLY when the team was struggling, which probably hurt someone feelings, probably leading to the "healthy scratch" and with him ultimately deciding (according to his Twitter) that he is taking his talents elsewhere. I am sure some team, perhaps a D-II school will be happy to pick him up. I most definitely wish him well.
              AWFUL ball skills when given a chance, embarrassed by Millersville and was on field for fourth and 7 against Rock and ran into own guy.....good riddance

Comment

The season can be summed up in one very simple way, kills me to say icause Lenny was one of The reasons IUP was back, but he had 11 turnovers directly through him in the 3 losses, nothing else should be Over analyzed . If he plays average in first 2 losses they win by 10 both games....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                  The season can be summed up in one very simple way, kills me to say icause Lenny was one of The reasons IUP was back, but he had 11 turnovers directly through him in the 3 losses, nothing else should be Over analyzed . If he plays average in first 2 losses they win by 10 both games....just sayin
                  maybe he had more interceptions this year, because they were in 3rd and long alot more and had more pass rushers in his face - look at the film, a missed block caused the pick six at Cal.

Truth is, he kept pulling them out of desperate situations, caused by the bad line play. QBs get too much credit and too much blame.

Comment

[QUOTE=EyeoftheHawk;2316938]

Comment

[QUOTE=ironmaniup;2316958]

Comment

maybe he had more interceptions this year, because they were in 3rd and long alot more and had more pass rushers in his face - look at the film, a missed block caused the pick six at Cal.

Truth is, he kept pulling them out of desperate situations, caused by the bad line play. QBs get too much credit and too much blame.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                          AWFUL ball skills when given a chance, embarrassed by Millersville and was on field for fourth and 7 against Rock and ran into own guy.....good riddance
                          One word for him.... BUM

Comment

Bad line play? Go check the stat in line for the cal game, IUP Front 5 was straight up dominant.

Comment

Here's the pick 6 at Cal. No reason for the linebacker to come through unblocked, which screwed up the timing. No LB in his face, no pick six. Both the RG and the RB missed the guy coming through look between 1:14 and 1:17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0U8T0VuxWE

Comment

Here's the pick 6 at Cal. No reason for the linebacker to come through unblocked, which screwed up the timing. No LB in his face, no pick six. Both the RG and the RB missed the guy coming through look between 1:14 and 1:17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0U8T0VuxWE

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X