Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherd at IUP

Let it rip

Hopefully rain holds off until after the game. There will be wind though. Looking for how well the IUP run game is performing. If its doing well shep is in trouble. If they can't run much, then its going to be a close one. Also looking forward to seeing Shep Pass game against the IUP DBs - since they added Dreher they have been performing really well. Does IUP blitz and play man, like against cal ? not sure, If the coaches choose wrong, that could be trouble too. I expect a back and forth game. Hopefully the refs don't get too involved in the outcome.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
        Hopefully rain holds off until after the game. There will be wind though. Looking for how well the IUP run game is performing. If its doing well shep is in trouble. If they can't run much, then its going to be a close one. Also looking forward to seeing Shep Pass game against the IUP DBs - since they added Dreher they have been performing really well. Does IUP blitz and play man, like against cal ? not sure, If the coaches choose wrong, that could be trouble too. I expect a back and forth game. Hopefully the refs don't get too involved in the outcome.
        Man...we are looking at the same thing. Yes, IUP has some explosive/home-run-hitting RBs, but the running issue is during short-yardage and in the red zone. We know they will bring in Duane Brown for those duties, but I rather IUP keep him at the WR spot to keep an eye or two out of the box. If the 3-headed RB unit can get the job done then I believe IUP will win. However, like you stated, if the running game is not going well the game will be close, especially if the rain comes as forecast. My Weather Channel app calls for a 25% chance of rain around 3pm, then 45% chance around 4pm.

Comment

VERY...VERY...VERY GOOD point!! I look at the Cal U game. When IUP was trying to eat up the clock AND Cal U knew they were trying to do such, IUP got the yardage they needed. Rushed for 104 yards on 34 carries, but it got the job done.

I hate to admit it as well, but our run defense, particularly against good RBs has been so-so all year. Hopefully DT Mitchell get more reps and produced like he did earlier in the year before the injury.

Comment

Sunny and calm winds in Indiana right now.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                  Rain line near Cincinnati and Southern WV so it looks like no issue despite earlier predictions .

Comment

Really looking forward to this one, best matchup of the first round. These two teams are built very similar, should be a really physical football game

Comment

Was hoping to have NCAA announcers......:crying: Oh well...

Comment

Is the university on its Thanksgiving break?!?

Comment

3rd and 1 and have to use a time out... ugh!!!

Comment

Maxwell lead blocking, running, etc... he knows this is the end of his career!

Comment

Absolutely awful play call there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X