Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NDCfan View Post
    It'll be a good game. I think it'll come down to whoever makes the least mistakes.

I've read a lot of comments and as cliche as this one is, it's accurate. NDC relies on ball control and not making mistakes. Rock is high octane big plays. It won't be a blow out. As much as the Shep game looked like a blowout, it wasn't until the middle of the fourth.

NDC needs their QB to play well, McLaughlin will do what he does, Greene has big play ability. Rock D MUST tackle. A few turnovers like last week would be nice.Last week, there werent many big runs. They gave up a few big passes and that hurt early on. Rock O stuck to their gameplan and capitalized on turnovers.

Rock O is not the same as last year, Wynn, Litwin, Rivers are all different players. The All-American thing is a distraction. The team knows how good they are, it's just another thing to play for. NDC is going to come out, do their song and dance. Rock needs to take care of business, ignore the noise and make it to the final four.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post

I've read a lot of comments and as cliche as this one is, it's accurate. NDC relies on ball control and not making mistakes. Rock is high octane big plays. It won't be a blow out. As much as the Shep game looked like a blowout, it wasn't until the middle of the fourth.

NDC needs their QB to play well, McLaughlin will do what he does, Greene has big play ability. Rock D MUST tackle. A few turnovers like last week would be nice.Last week, there werent many big runs. They gave up a few big passes and that hurt early on. Rock O stuck to their gameplan and capitalized on turnovers.

Rock O is not the same as last year, Wynn, Litwin, Rivers are all different players. The All-American thing is a distraction. The team knows how good they are, it's just another thing to play for. NDC is going to come out, do their song and dance. Rock needs to take care of business, ignore the noise and make it to the final four.

If I'm ND, the biggest thing I want to accomplish -- by far -- is winning that dang coin toss and taking the ball first.

SRU may be the best first quarter team I've ever seen. Granted, I could be blinded by being a fan of a team that typically doesn't play until after halftime.

But, especially up there -- with students back and what should be a loud, intoxicated crowd -- ND has to get the ball first and dictate how the game starts. SRU pounces on people early in games but has shown they go through lulls as the game progresses against better competition. I don't think ND is one of those teams built to come from behind multiple scores. If they can win they have to slow the game down dramatically with long drives and keep Rivers on the sideline. Easier said than done, however.

Comment

I think SRU will win this game. It's interesting, though, that NDC has pulled out victories against good teams late in the game while SRU has almost coughed it up on several occasions late in the game against better teams. Polar opposites. If this game is close late in the 3rd qtr, look out.

Also, I think a case can be made that "containing" McLaughlin takes its toll on a defense late in the game while he still seems fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If I'm ND, the biggest thing I want to accomplish -- by far -- is winning that dang coin toss and taking the ball first.

SRU may be the best first quarter team I've ever seen. Granted, I could be blinded by being a fan of a team that typically doesn't play until after halftime.

But, especially up there -- with students back and what should be a loud, intoxicated crowd -- ND has to get the ball first and dictate how the game starts. SRU pounces on people early in games but has shown they go through lulls as the game progresses against better competition. I don't think ND is one of those teams built to come from behind multiple scores. If they can win they have to slow the game down dramatically with long drives and keep Rivers on the sideline. Easier said than done, however.
          Yes the students are back and yes they can get into the game for FREE (thanks to Student Government paying for the tickets) however, it is the Saturday before finals and it is a 12 noon kick; just don't expect a lot of the student body to show up also is only going to be about 36 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post

probably the most important thing -absent the obvious (turnovers)

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Yes the students are back and yes they can get into the game for FREE (thanks to Student Government paying for the tickets) however, it is the Saturday before finals and it is a 12 noon kick; just don't expect a lot of the student body to show up also is only going to be about 36 degrees.
              hmm the following is real big at the school and they know how important this game is. I see a good crowd coming

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                I think SRU will win this game. It's interesting, though, that NDC has pulled out victories against good teams late in the game while SRU has almost coughed it up on several occasions late in the game against better teams. Polar opposites. If this game is close late in the 3rd qtr, look out.

Also, I think a case can be made that "containing" McLaughlin takes its toll on a defense late in the game while he still seems fresh.
                Because a good offensive line will always jump off quicker than the defensive line (after all, they know the snap count), defense is by nature reactive. And when you have a bunch of guys that are pounding on you for an entire game and usually range from 270-300 pounds even at the Division II level, it's going to wear on you. This is what any good running team counts on and why a smart coach doesn't give up on his running game even if it's not going so well the first half. Wisconsin, while no Ohio State, has been pretty doggone good over the past decade by having a good back, a huge line, and basically pounding on you. And in Division II you aren't going to be getting as many commercial breaks as the big teams do. The best thing Slippery rock could do would be to use their excellent offense to control the ball and simply keep McLaughlin off the field. Given that even above-average Division II defenses are usually weak in some areas, the old bromide about your offense being your best defense is often true.

Comment

I hope people aren't downplaying or looking past ND. Despite their mind blowing loss to Glenville State they've played solid ball and are hungry for a return to the national semi-finals.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                    I hope people aren't downplaying or looking past ND. Despite their mind blowing loss to Glenville State they've played solid ball and are hungry for a return to the national semi-finals.
                    Well, they've beaten two of the best teams in our conference and beat Slippery Rock last year, so I'm not sure why anyone would look past them. If Slippery Rock does so, it certainly is on them.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Come on, Man.

This isn't the Ivy League. No way students stay in and study instead of attendinng. That place will be packed. That temperature gets a little bit warmer with each cocktail.

Comment

Come on, Man.

This isn't the Ivy League. No way students stay in and study instead of attendinng. That place will be packed. That temperature gets a little bit warmer with each cocktail.
                            I hope your right!

Comment

I hope your right!
                              what about his right?

Comment

Come on, Man.

You don't know much about the Ivy League.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X