Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That was the play I meant to refer to. I ain't no expert but it looked like targeting to me.
    I think it was targeting as well. However, the complaint from the Buckeye fans is that the Clemson QB duck down right before he was struck. But to me, the defender was leading with the top of his head regardless. So I think it was pretty cut and dry...

Comment

An expansion to that level would absolutely destroy the Bowl Games.

I am all for an expansion to 6 teams with the top 2 getting a Bye. I also think that is a reality as soon as the SEC gets screwed.

To have a 16 team field is just not going to happen, and to be honest it is not needed.

Comment

They need to go to a 6 team field. Top two seeds get a first round bye and the first week is play on the campus of the higher seeded team. Semi Finals in the two bowl games and the title game after that.

It should work.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I've always favored a CFP in major college football. I will say that. HOWEVER, the way things are now in competitive terms I don't think expanding it will make any difference as to who the eventual champion is. Those 4 semifinal teams we saw yesterday are on a different level from teams ranked in the lower top 10 or lower teens, just like the Shepherds and IUP's aren't on the level of UWF, MSU, or Ferris State.
          Oklahoma was not at the level of the other three semifinal teams. From the SEC alone, Bama, Georgia, Florida, and Auburn would have a good chance of beating them. I think Wisconsin or Penn State could give them a game as well.

Comment

Can't expand without spreading access otherwise it will create an argument for the 2nd and 3rd place teams, which is what created bowl expansion 20 years ago. But the P5 conferences would rather consolidate the wealth and have a 2 loss Auburn team play than allow for the chance that the next Central Florida proves itself on the field. You know, like every other playoff known to man.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Can't expand without spreading access otherwise it will create an argument for the 2nd and 3rd place teams, which is what created bowl expansion 20 years ago. But the P5 conferences would rather consolidate the wealth and have a 2 loss Auburn team play than allow for the chance that the next Central Florida proves itself on the field. You know, like every other playoff known to man.
              Which is exactly why an eight-team playoff makes sense. Put in the P5 conference winners, a Group of 5 team, and two at-large. If you can't qualify for a playoff under that system, you really wouldn't have much to whine about. One regular season game is not necessarily a predictor of what would happen in the playoff. I'm not sure Clemson is better than Ohio State, but Clemson won Saturday. I believe LSU beat Bama by four and Auburn by three.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Which is exactly why an eight-team playoff makes sense. Put in the P5 conference winners, a Group of 5 team, and two at-large. If you can't qualify for a playoff under that system, you really wouldn't have much to whine about. One regular season game is not necessarily a predictor of what would happen in the playoff. I'm not sure Clemson is better than Ohio State, but Clemson won Saturday. I believe LSU beat Bama by four and Auburn by three.
                I agree that 8 teams is the magic number, This year you would have had the following: Wisconsin @ LSU, Baylor @ Ohio State, Oregon @ Clemson and Georgia @ Baylor. This would probably make these guys think twice about sitting out of post season when they are chasing a national title. How many guys really sit out of the CFP Semifinals or National Championship game compared to the other Bowl Games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X