Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Very true back when I was a senior in HS back in 2000-2001 my classmate was a star BB player who was a late bloomer, gave a verbal to Delaware Valley College (D3) then La Salle came through and offered him a scholarship which he accepted before signing. This was before the rivals/247 era of course and the day after he signed with La Salle UCONN called him to offer him a scholarship unknowing that he already signed on the line with La Salle. Turned out great for him he was a 2x A-10 player of the year, rookie of the year, played with the local hometown 76ers with AI for a half season and spent 10+ years overseas before recently retiring and being inducted into the La Salle Athletics Hall of Fame. If I'm a HC until signing day and I see I lost a kid I'm actively recruiting him.
    Yep ... And, coaches will spin that 'loyalty' crap about honoring the verbal, etc., ... and then leave town the second a better job comes up.

D2 football recruiting basically has 4 seasons now.
    * Mid-year transfers - highly competitive period as schools can get guys in for spring ball
    * High school signing day
    * D1 Spring Ball conclusion - D1 depth charts are formed and those not included look for a new home.
    * Late summer - typically the 'cast-off' season of players with baggage used by D2 teams to fill holes. Or, of course, take a chance on a superstar type cast-off.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

* Late summer - typically the 'cast-off' season of players with baggage used by D2 teams to fill holes. Or, of course, take a chance on a superstar type cast-off.
      Aka, Slippery Rock's most active recruiting period. Well placed spies at the Rock are reporting that the coaching staff is already manually sifting through police blotters to get the jump on any competition should Mon Valley U revert back to the "Godfather" days. Rock coaches wanted to automate the process but couldn't find a gym teacher major with any computer skills.

Comment

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020...ege-offer.html

Comment

It's remarkable that Jaheim Morris just received his first college offer. If the 'Ville lands him, they have a dynamic RB to build around. He does have upcoming visits to The Rock and Lock Haven, too, possibly Edinboro.

Comment

Millersville picked up a defensive back from Seneca Valley: Conor Hayes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
              Aka, Slippery Rock's most active recruiting period. Well placed spies at the Rock are reporting that the coaching staff is already manually sifting through police blotters to get the jump on any competition should Mon Valley U revert back to the "Godfather" days. Rock coaches wanted to automate the process but couldn't find a gym teacher major with any computer skills.
              That first round playoff exit must still be hurting.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

It's remarkable that Jaheim Morris just received his first college offer. If the 'Ville lands him, they have a dynamic RB to build around. He does have upcoming visits to The Rock and Lock Haven, too, possibly Edinboro.
                Morgan is a great recruiter he can sell Morris on playing early and not worrying about D1 transfers coming in yearly and never being a full time starter at Rock. Money wise Rock probably has more to offer than the other schools so it'll be interesting to see where he lands.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Morgan is a great recruiter he can sell Morris on playing early and not worrying about D1 transfers coming in yearly and never being a full time starter at Rock. Money wise Rock probably has more to offer than the other schools so it'll be interesting to see where he lands.
                  $100 bucks says SRU

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

$100 bucks says SRU
                    ROCK LB Trysten Mcdonald is a Cedar Cliff alum

Freshmen usually don't get lots of money, I think the DL Lang from West Virginia was an exception; not the rule

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

That first round playoff exit must still be hurting.
                      Naw, their first round exit had me shaking my head for about 10 seconds. I just couldn't help taking a poke at the Rock since they are now the big dawgs in the PSAC and little nod to Cal for the bygone glory days. On a slight variation of the famous Jesse the Body Venture quote "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always hope your transfers with baggage or only in the media for stellar game day performances."

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                        Naw, their first round exit had me shaking my head for about 10 seconds. I just couldn't help taking a poke at the Rock since they are now the big dawgs in the PSAC and little nod to Cal for the bygone glory days. On a slight variation of the famous Jesse the Body Venture quote "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always hope your transfers with baggage or only in the media for stellar game day performances."

Comment

Another central PA kid whose lack of attention is puzzling -- West Perry's Kenyon Johnson.

Also, a unique choice is Susquehanna Township QB Rahsaan Carlton going to Mercyhurst. You might remember his dad from Penn State basketball about 15 years ago.

Both guys are next-level athletes.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020...gning-day.html

Comment

Updated Shepherd Rams Signed Commit List via Twitter:

Ryan Beach 5'5" 150 lbs WR Northwest HS Germantown, MD
                            TJ Spain WR 6'2 205 lbs from Millbrook HS in Winchester, VA.
                            Jack Rosnage DE/DT Huntington, MD 6'2" 215 lbs
                            Mike Forbes II DE Washington, DC Friendship Heights 6'3" 240 lbs
                            Wyatt Pellicano OL Archbishop Spalding 6'2" 300 lbs
                            Mason Newton DE/TE Urbana HS Frederick, MD 6'4" 220 lbs
                            Matt Bednarski DL Martinsburg HS Martinsburg, WV 6'2" 250 lbs
                            Curtis Jefferson OL Woodrow Wilson HS Washington, DC 6'2" 285 lbs
                            Michaelangelo Collins DL Parkside HS Sailsbury, MD 6'1" 280 lbs
                            Kevin Couser LB Baltimore City HS Baltimore, MD 6'1'' 225 lbs
                            Tyler Booker OL New Town HS Owings Mills, MD 6'0'' 270 lbs
                            Malakai Brown ATH Martinsburg HS Martinsburg, WV 5'11'' 195 lbs
                            Dimario Brooks WR James Monroe HS Fredericksburg, VA 5'11" 165 lbs
                            Dustin Keith DL Linganore HS Frederick, MD 6'2" 250 lbs
                            Ty Lucas OL Martinsburg HS Martinsburg, WV 6'3" 315 lbs
                            Steven Williams DL Quince Orchard HS Gaithersburg, MD 6'3" 320 lbs
                            James Bell OL Manchester HS Midlothian, VA 6'1" 250 lbs

Last edited by Ram040506; 02-07-2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Millersville may be on to something they've picked up a FCS transfer QB in Anthony Butler who suited up at Morgan State for 3 years which leaves him with 2 years of eligibility remaining. In HS he was a 3 star recruit with offers from Morgan State some NEC schools and the top PSAC West schools like Rock/IUP/Cal. The D1 name is what made him choose Morgan I believe because their program was never that good. His talent skills IMO suit D2 just fine and he should be able to compete in spring ball for the starting position.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                                Shepherd picked up a commit WR Ryan Beach from Northwest HS in Germantown, MD- small speed time think he might be 5'7". Was pretty electric with the ball in his hands the few times I saw him play.

Another committ TJ Spain WR 6'2 190lbs from Millbrook HS in Winchester, VA.
                                VERY disappointed that Frostburg St did not at least offer Beach. Frostburg is in dire need of play makers on offense. This kid is on the field this fall at the WR spot for Frostburg. May take him some time to get on the field at Shepherd, but may return kicks. But a very good pick up by Shepherd. Congrats.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X