X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    I was a little disappointed that Houser was on the participation list, yet got no carries. I hope they don't burn his redshirt on special teams alone.
    Mixed feelings on your comment. He's here. He's ready to play. Special Teams have cost IUP some games in the recent past. You need the best available athletes you can put out there on those teams. By 'available' obviously I mean those available after your stars ... you aren't putting Samir Bullock on the kick cover team.

I also have major trust issues with all freshmen ... will they even be here next season let alone three years from now? Transferring is out of control. I'm also quite confident he's going to be getting carries soon -- likely they want to see him in a live game against Millersville and Lock Haven prior to giving him reps against New Haven, Cal or SRU. Add to it RBs are hurt constantly. His time is coming. But, ... it is a crowded backfield for sure. He has to earn those meaningful carries. If he doesn't then, yes, it could likely be a year spent in mop-up time.

Of note, when IUP needed a power run at the goal line they went to Duane Brown (WR) instead of Houser. Now, that was a huge moment in the game so the staff very likely had much more confidence in Brown in that moment.

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

And we obviously dig field hockey at Ship, having won the last three Division II titles.
    And you've been the team to eliminate us each time. Good thing we have 2015 or I'd be real resentful.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Field hockey is as much a regional sport as lacrosse, probably more so. But they're real and intense about it in central Pennsylvania hotbeds like Lower Dauphin, Hershey, Lancaster County.

And my oldest friend has put two daughters through D-I schools for free with it -- one to Temple, another a senior now at Michigan State.
    And we obviously dig field hockey at Ship, having won the last three Division II titles.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    I was a little disappointed that Houser was on the participation list, yet got no carries. I hope they don't burn his redshirt on special teams alone.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Well ... 72 hours later. Any injury updates? I assume Shaq Jones will sit this week with the concussion.
    the tort show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqwShfIVx4I looks like a few guys are dinged, but nothing too serious.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Well ... 72 hours later. Any injury updates? I assume Shaq Jones will sit this week with the concussion.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    ...and the IndianBearHawks are back in the Coach's Top 25.....at #24.

https://www.afca.com/d2-poll-valdost...s-top-25-poll/

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Some schools have competitive bass fishing! I wonder if it just says "BASS" on the back of their varsity jackets. Now that I think about it, I wonder how you earn a letter in that sport.
    They win money at the college level. This story ties in into paying Footballers.
    On the college fishing circuit, which is not under the N.C.A.A. umbrella, anglers can compete alongside professionals and win prize money without consequences like a challenge to eligibility.
    Last edited by IUPMonk; 09-09-2019, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied

Some schools have competitive bass fishing! I wonder if it just says "BASS" on the back of their varsity jackets. Now that I think about it, I wonder how you earn a letter in that sport.
    Here's an example.

Leave a comment:

• Number83
    replied
    IUP Ranked 24th after the latest AFCA Division II Coaches Poll

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Title IX is keeping field hockey alive.
    Field hockey is as much a regional sport as lacrosse, probably more so. But they're real and intense about it in central Pennsylvania hotbeds like Lower Dauphin, Hershey, Lancaster County.

And my oldest friend has put two daughters through D-I schools for free with it -- one to Temple, another a senior now at Michigan State.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I don't know but if you think people exaggerate on this site you should check out the bass fishing forum.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Thanks for this; this is a really interesting link. I want to know more about the single school participating in boys' slow pitch softball.

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied

I guess I could have been more useful and provided the entire document from NFHS. Here it is for those who want to delve into it. Some pretty interesting numbers broken down by state, sport, and gender: 2018-19 HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS PARTICIPATION SURVEY
    Thanks for this; this is a really interesting link. I want to know more about the single school participating in boys' slow pitch softball.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Competitive Spirit is competitive cheer/dance. Don't worry - had to look it up myself but it makes sense. I'm at that age when a lot of friends are posting pics of them at the weekend hockey tournament or the big cheer competition in Orlando.

Sports I wouldn't be surprised are dying:

1. Tennis
    2. Gymnastics
    3. Golf

Title IX is keeping field hockey alive.
    I guess I could have been more useful and provided the entire document from NFHS. Here it is for those who want to delve into it. Some pretty interesting numbers broken down by state, sport, and gender: 2018-19 HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS PARTICIPATION SURVEY

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X