X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, Ship was certainly not close to playoff caliber last season. And the lack of spring practice isn't going to make it easy to rebuild for anyone, assuming they even have a season.
    Well if they bounce back, and Mac's track record I think would lead us to think they would, the game against State is good for them and the PSAC. WV State until proven otherwise is a fraud and always will be. I don't necessarily say that about most MEC teams (others would in this forum) but Shepherd beat WV State for 40 years running. They just never get the big guys to compete down there.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Ship vs WV State could be a big one at season's end. State was on the fringes of the playoffs last year.
    Well, Ship was certainly not close to playoff caliber last season. And the lack of spring practice isn't going to make it easy to rebuild for anyone, assuming they even have a season.

Leave a comment:

• BlueJay
    replied
    Four games with tough opponents for the PSAC teams that I can see from the list: Kutztown--Assumption, Edinboro--Grand Valley St., Shepherd--Ohio Dominican, and SRU-- Wayne St. ( Mich). I agree that Bloomsburg will probably once again play Stonehill, which match-up has turned out to become somewhat of a misadventure recently for the Huskies.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    GANNON just lost their scheduled opener vs. URBANA which has announced they are closing up. That's the first but won't be the last.
    As I recall, Urbana has been experiencing financial difficulties off and on for the past several years. The COVID-19 pandemic might have been the last straw for them.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I totally agree, we may hear about other schools closing up.

I wonder where HC Tyler Haines will coach next....
    First indicator, if anyone has access, would be applications up or down for the fall term. It may become a self-fulfilling prophecy for schools like CHEYNEY or MANSFIELD.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    GANNON just lost their scheduled opener vs. URBANA which has announced they are closing up. That's the first but won't be the last.
    I totally agree, we may hear about other schools closing up.

I wonder where HC Tyler Haines will coach next....
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 04-21-2020, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    What's funny about this is the long-time MEC message board foot stomper also chastised the PSAC for their schedule which provided for a non-conference game in week one, and now the MEC has gone with the same format.

Leave a comment:

• IUP412
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Not joking ... never knew WVW had football.
    Actually played at IUP in 1999 I believe. Early season non conference tilt. IUP won 24-10.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Cal and Wesleyan met 10 times in a 13-year span from 1992 to 2004.
    That's part of the era at Cal that has been erased from the history books.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

For some reason, I'm thinking Cal might have made a trip or two to Buchannon to face WV Wesleyan in the pre-Luckhardt era. I recall finding a couple of Cal/WVWC games in the CUTV vaults a few years ago (I had organized it over a summer break while I was an undergrad there).
    Cal and Wesleyan met 10 times in a 13-year span from 1992 to 2004.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

For some reason, I'm thinking Cal might have made a trip or two to Buchannon to face WV Wesleyan in the pre-Luckhardt era. I recall finding a couple of Cal/WVWC games in the CUTV vaults a few years ago (I had organized it over a summer break while I was an undergrad there).

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

They weren't really relevant until Denny Creehan became coach a decade or more ago. Another small relatively unknown private school using football to appear typical and also drive enrollment.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Wow... Wesleyan traveling to Pensacola to open the season against the defending national champions? That's a huge jump in weight class, but kudos to WVW for a high calibre opening game.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Wow... Wesleyan traveling to Pensacola to open the season against the defending national champions? That's a huge jump in weight class, but kudos to WVW for a high calibre opening game.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X