Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
    So is one related to other. Or two kind of separate issues?
    Make a LONG story short....and maybe someone else can assist,

Many years ago while IUP was playing ESU, a student who was helping the scoreboard operator, ran a message across the scoreboard that took a shot at IUP. To be honest, I don't even know what the supposed message said. The student was 100% wrong, and from my understanding he was disciplined. Anyway, for the last 20 + years Nation has always blamed Denny Douds, ESU's coach for nearly 50 years, stating that he told the student to scroll the message across the board.

As far as the handshake issue, supposedly after the Rock and IUP game, each team had players that did not shake hands with the other team. As one IUP poster stated above it was on the radio and both schools announcers took jab's at the other school.

So Nation takes shot at ESU, and Warriorvoice sticks up for ESU, and takes shots at IUP.

All in a nutshell...hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

In those hidden presidential documents that get passed down from president to president, we will not only find out the truth about U.F.O.'s, the JFK assassination, but also the infamous ESU scoreboard message.
      You wonder if somewhere deep in the ESU athletic offices the game tape still exists? Or, perhaps a bystander caught it similar to Zapruder?

Comment

Aaaaahhhh....thank you! It will be interesting to hear NATION's remembrances from long ago. Thanks for the history lesson. Man, honestly I thought it was recent....the scoreboard thing...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You wonder if somewhere deep in the ESU athletic offices the game tape still exists? Or, perhaps a bystander caught it similar to Zapruder?
          There was a 2nd film guy hidden behind the visitor's bleachers...ironically located on a grassy knoll.

Comment

My understanding is that many IUP players felt shaking hands would cause them to be late to the visits at the childrens hospital

Comment

Aaaaahhhh....thank you! It will be interesting to hear NATION's remembrances from long ago. Thanks for the history lesson. Man, honestly I thought it was recent....the scoreboard thing...
              Recent? In Nation's mind it happened yesterday, lol

But to the rest of us it was decades ago

Comment

Comment

We've seen this before.

Hard to say where it goes. Does ESU go the way of Millersville after a legend left? Or do they go the way of Bloomsburg?

Neither one a really happy story. It is very difficult replacing a legend. History would say you never want to be the guy who replaced the guy. Well there is a lot of truth to that. Just look at other programs outside the PSAC who see a legendary coach who hung on way too long.

Alabama after Bear Bryant.......
                  Ohio State after Woody Hayes......
                  USC after John Robinson
                  Nebraska after Tom Osborne

Many great programs fail big time to keep it going when a coach of this stature leaves.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenRam94 View Post
                      We've seen this before.

Hard to say where it goes. Does ESU go the way of Millersville after a legend left? Or do they go the way of Bloomsburg?

Neither one a really happy story. It is very difficult replacing a legend. History would say you never want to be the guy who replaced the guy. Well there is a lot of truth to that. Just look at other programs outside the PSAC who see a legendary coach who hung on way too long.

Alabama after Bear Bryant.......
                      Ohio State after Woody Hayes......
                      USC after John Robinson
                      Nebraska after Tom Osborne

Many great programs fail big time to keep it going when a coach of this stature leaves.
                      Denny may have been a legend due to his longevity, but he had more than his fair share of mediocre seasons. It's not like ESU was a national contender year in/year out, especially at the end there. The shoes might be big to fill, but there's a lot of padding inside.

Comment

Yeah, apparently an OK thing by some standards...

Comment

Good thing urine is renewable

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

It's still better than going Ivan Drago on the Stroudsburg Snowmen at 2am.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's still better than going Ivan Drago on the Stroudsburg Snowmen at 2am.
                              I will respectfully agree to disagree. I bet 80% of us on here have done some stupid drunk **** like that at some point in our life. Not saying it is right, but it is reality. However, I will say probably no one on this board showed lack of sportsmanship by not shaking an opponents hand at the end of a contest. If you remove alcohol from the equation then Frosty most likely still has his head, and everyone is still living their merry lives. But what was the cause of the lack of a handshake? What can you remove to allow those participants to shake hands?

Both are 100% wrong, and the vandalism charge is obviously more "severe", but I hope you get my point and see what I am saying.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Not as bad as vandalism so your players are far worse.

ESU players are out of control. Everyone wag your finger in the direction of the Poconos.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X