X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's actually surprising to me he is still considered so 'cool' to this generation. I mean, no doubt, he was 'Primetime' for people our age. But, that was a long, long time ago.

I don't know. If he got mega recruits to Jackson State ... imagine what he may do in the Pac 10 (or whatever the hell it's called these days).

That said, I can imagine the power over parents our age when Neon Freaking Deion comes in for a home visit. That would literally be like a rock star coming to your house.
    I don't want to sound uncultured. I know Primetime. I understand he was a big deal. But somebody share with somebody under 30 why he has this star power appeal? What made him so special compared to any other pro athlete of his time? He's just not one that I've studied in my lifetime lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    I still think Peon will be a dumpster fire.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

It's actually surprising to me he is still considered so 'cool' to this generation. I mean, no doubt, he was 'Primetime' for people our age. But, that was a long, long time ago.

I don't know. If he got mega recruits to Jackson State ... imagine what he may do in the Pac 10 (or whatever the hell it's called these days).

That said, I can imagine the power over parents our age when Neon Freaking Deion comes in for a home visit. That would literally be like a rock star coming to your house.
    It’s going to be interesting. Winning at Jackson State is one thing, but he’s going to need a good staff around him to win consistently at this level. The PAC 10/12, whatever, is probably a good place to start for him. It’s going to be watered down now as well with the defections. Recruiting is one thing and I think he’ll do that extraordinarily well. Will he be able to win at the next level? That’s the question. He’s a winner and I wouldn’t doubt him, but we’ll find out soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Probably unable to substantiate that claim but everyone involved here does know that Colorado is in Boulder? Its a top 5 college town for me and if my wife would let me I'd live there - but I do wonder how well this experiment will work. But its exactly the goose in the ass Colorado football needed.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Primetime got a 5-star WR commitment today in Boulder. ESPN is reporting 200 players already verbally committed elsewhere have contacted Colorado.
    Probably unable to substantiate that claim but everyone involved here does know that Colorado is in Boulder? Its a top 5 college town for me and if my wife would let me I'd live there - but I do wonder how well this experiment will work. But its exactly the goose in the ass Colorado football needed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Primetime got a 5-star WR commitment today in Boulder. ESPN is reporting 200 players already verbally committed elsewhere have contacted Colorado.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Not D1 related but Baker Mayfield was released today by Carolina.

No. 1 overall pick to flat out cut within a few years.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

A little context. He’s played like barely a game this year and was questionable to even be ready for the playoffs. He’s not really skipping it, he’s not healthy.
    Yeah that certainly makes it less of a big story. Pretty much a no brainer for him.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Ohio State WR Jaxon Smith Njigba declares for the draft and will not play in the CFP vs Georgia. First guy to skip a playoff game to my knowledge
    A little context. He’s played like barely a game this year and was questionable to even be ready for the playoffs. He’s not really skipping it, he’s not healthy.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Ohio State WR Jaxon Smith Njigba declares for the draft and will not play in the CFP vs Georgia. First guy to skip a playoff game to my knowledge
    Wow

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Phil Jurkovec has committed to Pitt.

That sure didn't take long.
    You feel like he wasted his time going to Notre Dame.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Phil Jurkovec has committed to Pitt.

That sure didn't take long.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Pitt in the Sun Bowl may be the most anticipated of all the non playoff bowl games. Who doesn’t want to see a repeat of that epic 3-0 game they played there several years ago?
    LOL ... I remember that game. I think Bill Stull was the Pitt QB. That was basically a sandstorm in the middle of the desert. I remember they couldn't even throw the ball more than like 5 yards.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Thank God.

So, he's not even going to stay for the Who Cares Bowl. These are some times we are in.
    Pitt in the Sun Bowl may be the most anticipated of all the non playoff bowl games. Who doesn’t want to see a repeat of that epic 3-0 game they played there several years ago?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X