X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

He played for quite a long time. He was the backup for hire of the 2000s.
    Yeah he was a serviceable fantasy football fill-in when needed. He had some good years.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Wow, I would have never guessed. It pays to be an NFL quarterback, even an average one. I guess he did have a few good years in there to be fair. It has been a while.
    He played for quite a long time. He was the backup for hire of the 2000s.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Daddy earned roughly 30 million in his career. Not too shabby.
    Wow, I would have never guessed. It pays to be an NFL quarterback, even an average one. I guess he did have a few good years in there to be fair. It has been a while.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Yeah, and I don't think his daddy was good enough to get rich. Pretty hard to play dumb in these situations and the feds typically have their act together before moving in. I'm sure they understood the media attention this would get so it's likely all of the "i's" were dotted and "t's" crossed.
    Daddy earned roughly 30 million in his career. Not too shabby.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Yeah, and I don't think his daddy was good enough to get rich. Pretty hard to play dumb in these situations and the feds typically have their act together before moving in. I'm sure they understood the media attention this would get so it's likely all of the "i's" were dotted and "t's" crossed.
    Best estimate I saw was that he made about $30MM in his career. Pretty good for an NAIA QB.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Saw that yesterday. His Dad was the old Bengals QB. Gonna need a rich daddy to fight that case.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Saw that yesterday. His Dad was the old Bengals QB. Gonna need a rich daddy to fight that case.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Also this: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ely-from-team/

HOLY F&CK.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    CFP is expanding to 12 teams in 2024. Gidde up.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Big Game James can't win Big Games.

His record at PSU against the Top 25 is horrible -- and even worse (as in winless since 2016)) against the Top 10.

But, he pretty much dominates the next tier.

It's an interesting situation. He recruits very well. His program is pretty clean. It's probably just a matter of how long the heavy brass up there wants to keep being second and third fiddle to Columbus and Ann Arbor.
    All true. We'll see what the big influx of dollars he asked for to catch up to the Ohio State's and Michigan's of the world do. Eventually you have to win a few of those games. I think an expanded playoff well help teams like Penn State that are in a really tough division and making a four team playoff is almost impossible. Look at Ohio State this year. I'll never defend the Buckeye's but the reality is they'd be favored against two of the four teams that will be in the playoff. Frankly, Penn State and USC is probably a tossup and I have to imagine Penn State would be favored over TCU.

I can't wait for the field to expand!

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Madison is one of the best 'college towns' on Earth.
    Agreed. Been there for work on multiple occasions and really enjoy it. They pack the town on weekends during the summer with bands, street markets, etc. Winter...not the same place.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Kings of the B-List. No doubt.

Question is ... is that good enough? Read most PSU boards and the answer is no.
    In 2 years, where they sit right now will have them comfortably in the playoff. That may change perception at PSU and a number of other schools.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm not in a position to analyze Franklin's performance but I do know that PSU is ranked #8 in the country - #7 in the coaches poll.
    Kings of the B-List. No doubt.

Question is ... is that good enough? Read most PSU boards and the answer is no.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I do have to say as I always do, there is value in sticking with someone. I think we could say the same thing about the guy in Ann Arbor for several years. Its just one season and by a hair but he's #1 now. Franklin does seem to have trouble keeping coordinators; I don't know enough to diagnose that - is he developing guys or turning them off? Or maybe the coordinator turnover has stalled his achievements.
    I'm not in a position to analyze Franklin's performance but I do know that PSU is ranked #8 in the country - #7 in the coaches poll.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Big Game James can't win Big Games.

His record at PSU against the Top 25 is horrible -- and even worse (as in winless since 2016)) against the Top 10.

But, he pretty much dominates the next tier.

It's an interesting situation. He recruits very well. His program is pretty clean. It's probably just a matter of how long the heavy brass up there wants to keep being second and third fiddle to Columbus and Ann Arbor.
    I do have to say as I always do, there is value in sticking with someone. I think we could say the same thing about the guy in Ann Arbor for several years. Its just one season and by a hair but he's #1 now. Franklin does seem to have trouble keeping coordinators; I don't know enough to diagnose that - is he developing guys or turning them off? Or maybe the coordinator turnover has stalled his achievements.
    Last edited by Fightingscot82; 12-01-2022, 10:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X