X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Yeah I don’t understand the need to vilify someone here. It’s all over Twitter. The right thing was done. I’m sure there was a fair amount of chaos with officials at the game trying to communicate with league executives who weren’t there. Miscommunications and misunderstandings can happen. Nothing like this had ever happened in an NFL game before.
    Well considering the violent nature of the sport, somebody should have brought up the possibility of this happening and having a protocol in place.

Always plan for the worst case scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Unfortunate PSAC connection to this saga: former Edinboro QB Hal Galupi died from a similar situation while playing in a softball game. Took a bad hit to the chest on a play at the plate.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    My guess is that the delay in calling the game had to do with having to consult with all involved, players union, etc. I heard some good commentary on this last night that made sense. It wasn’t that they weren’t in agreement on postponing. They just had some boxes to check in terms of protocol to officially call it. I also read this morning that there was never a plan to return to play per Joe Buck’s comments on the broadcast. He may have been given inaccurate information or misinterpreted what he heard.

Regardless, it was the right call and let’s all hope the kid is going to be okay.
    Yeah I don’t understand the need to vilify someone here. It’s all over Twitter. The right thing was done. I’m sure there was a fair amount of chaos with officials at the game trying to communicate with league executives who weren’t there. Miscommunications and misunderstandings can happen. Nothing like this had ever happened in an NFL game before.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It should not have taken an hour to decide to suspend the game.
    I think the timeframe was justified. #1 - They didn't resume play. #2 - there are a lot of implications to postponing an NFL game. The clubs, the league, the players union all have input and there has to be agreement. Not to mention you've got the fans in the stadium, TV viewers, advertisers. I think it was handled ok.

I'm glad his vitals are back to normal now. It also sounds like they got him assistance early enough to prevent any brain damage.

The implications for the game of football are not so good, though. It could have been fatal in a snap moment.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    My guess is that the delay in calling the game had to do with having to consult with all involved, players union, etc. I heard some good commentary on this last night that made sense. It wasn’t that they weren’t in agreement on postponing. They just had some boxes to check in terms of protocol to officially call it. I also read this morning that there was never a plan to return to play per Joe Buck’s comments on the broadcast. He may have been given inaccurate information or misinterpreted what he heard.

Regardless, it was the right call and let’s all hope the kid is going to be okay.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

I agree with you 10000%. Once they put him in the ambulance the game should have been called.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Prayers to Bills player (and Pitt alumni) Damar Hamlin.

He was just taken off the field in an ambulance and was given CPR on the field. Very scary situation.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    The Nits finally beat a Top 10 team under Franklin.

No wonder it’s raining in Kollyfornia.
    With what they should have back next year PSU ought to be in pretty good shape.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Prayers to Bills player (and Pitt alumni) Damar Hamlin.

He was just taken off the field in an ambulance and was given CPR on the field. Very scary situation.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Two BIG chokes today.
    HUGE choke jobs....no question.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    The Nits finally beat a Top 10 team under Franklin.

No wonder it’s raining in Kollyfornia.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCat2192
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

So the Harbaugh name itself didn't help with the Stanford recruiting? Andrew Luck? Stanford plays in a weak conference and was pretty easy to win once he got his QB.
    I never said his name didn’t help with recruiting. In fact I never mentioned recruiting at all. You said he had gone to places it was easy to win and I gave you evidence to suggest that wasn’t true. If it was so easy to win at Stanford and San Fran then why were they losers for pretty long stretches before he got there and why did San Fran take 5 years after firing him before they got back to winning?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Major P5 is a crap show to deal with right now between NIL, the portal, etc.

I could see him being interested in an NFL jump.

The money will be similar. It just comes down to what level he wants.

In college, he's the top of the food chain at UM. In the pros he has to deal with a GM, owner, etc.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Harbaugh took over at Stanford in 2007 after a 1-11 season. They hadn’t had a winning record since ‘01 and hadn’t had back-to-back winning years since ‘95+‘96. He took over the Niners in 2011 with them coming off of a 6-10 season. The Niners hadn’t had a winning season or been the playoffs since ‘02. I’ll give you Michigan and to a lesser extent San Diego as easy jobs but half of his career coaching stops have been fixer-uppers and even Michigan was on a downswing through the RichRod + Brady Hoke eras.

Perhaps he would have no interest in another fixer-upper like those two but he’s done it before.
    So the Harbaugh name itself didn't help with the Stanford recruiting? Andrew Luck? Stanford plays in a weak conference and was pretty easy to win once he got his QB.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCat2192
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Pretty easy to win where he has been.
    Harbaugh took over at Stanford in 2007 after a 1-11 season. They hadn’t had a winning record since ‘01 and hadn’t had back-to-back winning years since ‘95+‘96. He took over the Niners in 2011 with them coming off of a 6-10 season. The Niners hadn’t had a winning season or been the playoffs since ‘02. I’ll give you Michigan and to a lesser extent San Diego as easy jobs but half of his career coaching stops have been fixer-uppers and even Michigan was on a downswing through the RichRod + Brady Hoke eras.

Perhaps he would have no interest in another fixer-upper like those two but he’s done it before.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X