Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Tough
    replied
    I mean, it isn't like any team is scared of the other. This is the type of game that these programs strive for. This rah rah talk accomplishes nothing.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonHawkAlum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I appreciate the "Rah Rah" , "We're gonna win no matter what", and "We are better than everyone" spirit...no doubt. However, I am just being realistic. And I am sure when Matt Burgland and Jack Benedict interview Coach Tort this week, Coach Tort will also state in general that they will have their hands full preparing for Bagent and Shepherd. I am not judging solely from what Bagent done so far this season, but what he did against IUP in 2019 on a much bigger stage...the NCAA II Playoffs. That IUP secondary consist of two back-to-back D-II All American CBs, a previous D-I safety, and 2 JUCO DBs. That secondary was giving up an average of 182 yards per game. Bagent came into IUP and threw for 389 along with a final min TD scoring drive to win the playoff game, as a true Sophomore. This season, IUP has one of the 2019 CBs, one of the 2 JUCOs from 2019, a previous D-1 CB, but 2 freshmen with one college football game experience. And with today's environment we do not know WHO is going to play, to include Bagent himself. Do I hope IUP play well and win the game? Of course. But believe me, the coaching staff is not being nonchalant in their preparations for Shepherd because of what the Rams did against LIT AF.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    That's deep.

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I hope they come out strong and fast ... but ...

All I know is every time we play Shepherd we hear all about the superior athletes at IUP, etc.

IUP is 1-4 against the Rams. Yes, three last minute, painful losses. But, nonetheless.

This week feels like Round 2 of the playoffs. Yesterday really felt like a playoff game.

I fully suspect another nail-biter.

I do think IUP is very strong this year. The jitters are gone now along with opening week kinks. Shepherd is also obviously very strong.

Buckle up ... gonna be a wild one.

All I want for XMAS is a fast start. Make the other team have comeback pressure.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

No doubt ... and a big one. Kutztown isn't going to lose often this year.

It was a different vibe at Miller yesterday. The place was oddly amped up.
    It was the vaccines. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied

All I know is every time we play Shepherd we hear all about the superior athletes at IUP, etc.

IUP is 1-4 against the Rams. Yes, three last minute, painful losses. But, nonetheless.

This week feels like Round 2 of the playoffs. Yesterday really felt like a playoff game.

I do think IUP is very strong this year. The jitters are gone now along with opening week kinks. Shepherd is also obviously very strong.

All I want for XMAS is a fast start. Make the other team have comeback pressure.
    Last edited by Big Hawk15; 09-12-2021, 10:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    You guys won this week.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    No doubt ... and a big one. Kutztown isn't going to lose often this year.

It was a different vibe at Miller yesterday. The place was oddly amped up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I appreciate the "Rah Rah" , "We're gonna win no matter what", and "We are better than everyone" spirit...no doubt. However, I am just being realistic. And I am sure when Matt Burgland and Jack Benedict interview Coach Tort this week, Coach Tort will also state in general that they will have their hands full preparing for Bagent and Shepherd. I am not judging solely from what Bagent done so far this season, but what he did against IUP in 2019 on a much bigger stage...the NCAA II Playoffs. That IUP secondary consist of two back-to-back D-II All American CBs, a previous D-I safety, and 2 JUCO DBs. That secondary was giving up an average of 182 yards per game. Bagent came into IUP and threw for 389 along with a final min TD scoring drive to win the playoff game, as a true Sophomore. This season, IUP has one of the 2019 CBs, one of the 2 JUCOs from 2019, a previous D-1 CB, but 2 freshmen with one college football game experience. And with today's environment we do not know WHO is going to play, to include Bagent himself. Do I hope IUP play well and win the game? Of course. But believe me, the coaching staff is not being nonchalant in their preparations for Shepherd because of what the Rams did against LIT AF.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    What a joke this post has become! IUPnation and jrshooter are do as I say not as I do type people! Unreal!
    Last edited by IUPNation; 09-12-2021, 06:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied
    Are you an iup fan or iup hater? All you do is bash the Hawks. We just watched iup football for the first time in 600 days with a first time starter behind center get a W on Saturday. This time has promise. Enjoy the ride buddy.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X