Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Former IUP QB Javon Davis has landed at Wheeling.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Some infamous folks from the past are making court appearances today in Indiana.

One of them was involved in the Valentine's Day botched robbery/shooting on Wayne Ave a couple years back. One of his cohorts has already been sentenced and is serving 6-10 years. Recall these experts hit the wrong house, then went to the targeted house next door. A fight ensued and they ended up shooting somebody in the face.

The second is the man accused of murder in the Carriage House parking lot in 2020 ... which amounted in a drug robbery valued at around $10.
    Bad Boys!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Some infamous folks from the past are making court appearances today in Indiana.

One of them was involved in the Valentine's Day botched robbery/shooting on Wayne Ave a couple years back. One of his cohorts has already been sentenced and is serving 6-10 years. Recall these experts hit the wrong house, then went to the targeted house next door. A fight ensued and they ended up shooting somebody in the face.

The second is the man accused of murder in the Carriage House parking lot in 2020 ... which amounted in a drug robbery valued at around $10.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Coaching what position group?
    Don't have that answer yet. I was wondering the same thing. They only have so many 'full-time' assistants.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

IUP also advertised today for a full-time assistant football coach.
    Coaching what position group?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    I see IUP WBB had to postpone 4 games due to COVID protocols. It's really a tough environment right now in all sports.
    Correct.

Fairmont State was also just the first team in our basketball region to close its doors to in-person fans attendance. I'd assume many more will quickly follow.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    I see IUP WBB had to postpone 4 games due to COVID protocols. It's really a tough environment right now in all sports.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    IUP Volleyball coach Julie Torbett has accepted the head spot at Chattanooga. She was in Indiana for just one season.

Not surprising - she was only making about $54k. Far from what she's worth at the D1 level, where she's been most of her career.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP Volleyball coach Julie Torbett has accepted the head spot at Chattanooga. She was in Indiana for just one season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Irv should at least get in to a camp. He's a tremendous special teams player as a gunner, etc. Irv makes all the crazy difficult catches. He just had some moments with the easy ones.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I saw that. Doesn't everybody out of eligibility technically declare for the draft?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I saw that. Doesn't everybody out of eligibility technically declare for the draft?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I think the earlier signing date for D1 helps a bit, too. Kids realize sooner that they aren't D1 material and don't hold out until NSD for that D1 offer that's never coming. I did see a kid choose an FBS PWO over D2 offers but I think we'll always have that.
    I agree, that will never go away. But once most of those FBS PWOs don't see the field as much as they like, in due time those players will look one or two classifications lower for playing time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

True, but teams will still have to recruit out of the high schools, or there will eventually not be players available to transfer. And not all players who transfer are of star quality.
    No doubt. But, in the past you may have seen a program take 20+ HS kids in one class. Now, they may take less than half that number and the rest will be imports.

There are advantages to both methods.

The PSAC issue is many of the high school kids that would have normally went to the upper-tier schools ... they don't have the spots for them coming out of high school. So, they go to the lower-tier schools for a year or two, build their resumes and then move up within the league (or, up a level).

Lot of diamonds in the low ranks of this league. As we are already seeing they quickly enter the portal and then get cherry-picked.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X