X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yeah ... that and the fact Shep (unlike Kutztown) has film on him.
    VERY good point. However, that film is from an abbreviated rushed game plan.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    If you saw the Spring Scrimmage or read what Coach Tort had to say about the scrimmage, neither Davis or Ramart look good, which is why IUP hit the transfer portal for a quality QB. A lot of us on this board has been pulling for Davis. Most of us hope he was able to win the job. However, Coach Tort appears did not quite believe in him. I am very happy for him. But lets be real, if he wins, there is a QB controversy.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Yeah ... that and the fact Shep (unlike Kutztown) has film on him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I mean....as the article started, Davis was the back up QB until Harry Football had to quarantine. Going to be interesting...
    Last edited by IUPFOOTBALLALUM; 09-15-2021, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

This could get messy. Tight rope to walk here for Tort -- especially if 2-0.

What case could be made to sit Javon after just beating two ranked teams in his first two career starts?

You don't want to go and jack up chemistry.

But ... we're a long way from 2-0.

We can worry about it Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied

THAT is what I am talking about. It is not like IUP is playing Millersville and Lock Haven. They are playing the East top 2 teams. IUP winning with Davis contributing with his arm !? Man...the message board will be LIT AF!!! :)
    BEST MAN PLAYS, WHETHER THAT IS HARRY OR JD12, or A TRUE FRESHMAN

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Any form of an injury report surfacing?

Sounds like we know for sure Houser and Harry Football are out.

80 and 88 were in boots last weekend. Probably safe to scratch them again, too.

Any word on Kelly? I sure hope he's ready. He's a player.
    I just watched the Jack Benedict Show (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPIzZj-rSsQ ). I am not sure....to me, it sounded like Coach Tort did not feel all too positive about Kelly's return. He just stated that Kelly and Houser would probably be questionable. However, he also mentioned that Damon Lloyd's brother Darius Lloyd and a Jay Holmes would be back to help the depth at LB.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

What case could be made to sit Javon after just beating two ranked teams in his first two career starts?

THAT is what I am talking about. It is not like IUP is playing Millersville and Lock Haven. They are playing the East top 2 teams. IUP winning with Davis contributing with his arm !? Man...the message board will be LIT AF!!! :)

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Any form of an injury report surfacing?

Sounds like we know for sure Houser and Harry Football are out.

80 and 88 were in boots last weekend. Probably safe to scratch them again, too.

Any word on Kelly? I sure hope he's ready. He's a player.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I mean....as the article started, Davis was the back up QB until Harry Football had to quarantine. Going to be interesting...

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

Going to get real interesting, have to believe if Davis starts the season off 2-0 the QB position battle is back on. We would definitely see them splitting time for the next couple of games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Amen to that. Those that flood this Board with anything but FOOTBALL talk is wasting space in my opinion, I scroll right over it. Each team in 2021 is going to have Covid casualties vaccine or no vaccine. IUP lost 2 last week I am sure every squad lost a few if there testing is legit and trustworthy. I saw one of the Rocks best wideouts did not play. Was he injured or Covid u really never know unless the Coach is brutally honest or asked by a Jack Benedict type during a formal interview or show setting...just sayin.

Leave a comment:

• IUP412
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post
    ONE DAY CLOSER TO GAME DAY! GO HAWKS!
    Amen to that. Those that flood this Board with anything but FOOTBALL talk is wasting space in my opinion, I scroll right over it. Each team in 2021 is going to have Covid casualties vaccine or no vaccine. IUP lost 2 last week I am sure every squad lost a few if there testing is legit and trustworthy. I saw one of the Rocks best wideouts did not play. Was he injured or Covid u really never know unless the Coach is brutally honest or asked by a Jack Benedict type during a formal interview or show setting...just sayin.

Leave a comment:

• IUP412
    replied
    Justice is a tough dude. He looks small in stature out there compared to those linemen but he's built pretty well. He's every bit of 5'11" and probably 185 lbs. He's not going to get 25 carries but he's very productive. I'd still like to have one big bruiser back there.

But, as the old saying goes, your best ability is your availability.

He got knicked up Saturday. That is the reason for one touch.
    5'11 better get your peeps checked,, 5'8 on a good day if he's lucky.. Justice good scat back with best hands on the team. Long season he will be an impact player.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X