X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

One drawback of the pandemic (sports related) is IUP was making serious headway in football and basketball -- drawing new fans and big crowds. A year with nothing may have, well, took the buzz down a bit.

I think it will come back next year but I'd guess their donations are way down. Both programs have great local corporate support, but the average guy $100 here and $50 there donations probably came in much less frequently this year.

Heck, I used to get calls every other week. I haven't got one in months.
    Up to $3800 now. I mean that's really sad.

Yeah, I haven't had the calls either. I never answered because I was afraid they'd want my card number over the phone and that ain't happening.

I'd rather just write out a check and send it in or do the donation online like I did today.

I don't need Kyle or Becky at the phone bank writing down my number and going shopping online with my card information.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

We want a hoops title, too. And, being honest, that's much more likely to happen.
    Why can't we have both? Seems like Northwest Misery figured that out...

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Anybody know how IUP uses their gate revenue on football & basketball? Most D2 schools have throw that revenue into the general scholarship pool.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    So far only $3100 raised for IUP Athletics....
    One drawback of the pandemic (sports related) is IUP was making serious headway in football and basketball -- drawing new fans and big crowds. A year with nothing may have, well, took the buzz down a bit.

I think it will come back next year but I'd guess their donations are way down. Both programs have great local corporate support, but the average guy $100 here and $50 there donations probably came in much less frequently this year.

Heck, I used to get calls every other week. I haven't got one in months.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I want a foosball National Title. It makes me want to puke that Slimey Pebble has a temporary advantage over us. That's not right.
    We want a hoops title, too. And, being honest, that's much more likely to happen.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tort's going to have no choice but to add some transfers there. Incoming freshmen are never ready to play up front at the level IUP demands. Maybe at other schools but if you want hopes of November/December ... true freshmen aren't going to cut it. Redshirt them, bulk them up and see ya in a couple years.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    IG article below. I guess losing Puffenbarger makes it more important to pick up a DL transfer, unless they think incoming freshmen are up to the task.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...b8387ca00.html

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    IG article below. I guess losing Puffenbarger makes it more important to pick up a DL transfer, unless they think incoming freshmen are up to the task.

That's two upperclassmen DL losses. I think they need two transfers now up front. Recall Ernest Shockley transferred to Maryland.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Per today's Indiana Gazette:

* IUP was scheduled to scrimmage St. Francis this Friday but it has been cancelled. Seems IUP has been hit with Covid issues and has 15 players sidelined.

* Drake Puffenbarger is no longer on the team.

* Tort doesn't seem to be giving a glowing endorsement to either QB right now ... at least that's how I'm reading his comments.
    How could we lost the best name on the team?

Getting everyone vaccinated can't come soon enough. I get my second dose in two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Per today's Indiana Gazette:

* IUP was scheduled to scrimmage St. Francis this Friday but it has been cancelled. Seems IUP has been hit with Covid issues and has 15 players sidelined.

* Drake Puffenbarger is no longer on the team.

* Tort doesn't seem to be giving a glowing endorsement to either QB right now ... at least that's how I'm reading his comments.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

The web site is not showing the breakdown under athletics...just the total amount donated.

I gave $200 for foosball. I wish I could give a hell of a lot more but I ain't hit the lottery yet.
    $200 at one time is difficult. $20 a month is a lot easier to swallow and adds up to $240. Something to consider. That's how I give to Edinboro football.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Hopefully $2,500 of it is for baseball :D
    The web site is not showing the breakdown under athletics...just the total amount donated.

I gave $200 for foosball. I wish I could give a hell of a lot more but I ain't hit the lottery yet.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I support basketball
    I want a foosball National Title. It makes me want to puke that Slimey Pebble has a temporary advantage over us. That's not right.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    So far only $3100 raised for IUP Athletics....
    Hopefully $2,500 of it is for baseball :D

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X