Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC Spring Football ???

I know Gannon is near finalizing a spring football season.
    Does anyone know of other reginal teams expected to play this spring?

Shepherd's head coach put out a note that they were trying to get a couple scrimmages or joint practices scheduled for the end of spring ball. Apparently trying to get the schools on the same page has been quite a hurdle to lock anything down.

Comment

Gannon just released a 4 game sched.
      I'm sure if available more will be added.
      https://gannonsports.com/sports/football/schedule

Davenport 3/20 Home
      Davenport 4/9 Away
      Hillsdale 4/17 Away
      Mercyhurst 4/24 Home

Comment

I haven't heard or seen anything since before the holidays. In the fall, Edinboro's coach sent something out that said the conference was going to try for a spring season. Obviously that's not the case anymore. At another point Edinboro had scrimmages posted against Clarion and Slippery Rock for this spring. But now both of those are removed (as is all of Edinboro's 2021 schedule) and on Clarion & Slippery Rock only the standard fall 21 schedule is posted.

I think at best what you'll see is scrimmages similar to a spring game just with an actual opponent. Probably no spectators but maybe streamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
          Gannon just released a 4 game sched.
          I'm sure if available more will be added.
          https://gannonsports.com/sports/football/schedule

Davenport 3/20 Home
          Davenport 4/9 Away
          Hillsdale 4/17 Away
          Mercyhurst 4/24 Home
          The game against Mercyhurst is suppose to be at Vets Stadium not at Gannon although Gannon may be the "home" team.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The game against Mercyhurst is suppose to be at Vets Stadium not at Gannon although Gannon may be the "home" team.
            Wonder if they ever considered making that the 'City Game' and playing at the Vets every year?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Wonder if they ever considered making that the 'City Game' and playing at the Vets every year?
              Problem is until you're in Vets it sucks. Nowhere to park, only one entrance, etc. I don't think anyone actually enjoys playing there. Very similar to Cupples.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Problem is until you're in Vets it sucks. Nowhere to park, only one entrance, etc. I don't think anyone actually enjoys playing there. Very similar to Cupples.
                Most times I've been to the IUP game at Gannon ... IUP has a bigger crowd.

Of course, I suppose the City Game draws better.

Comment

Inside Vets sucks too even with the updates done almost two years ago!

Comment

Let's see...Gannon is playing 4 games and looking for others AND Shepherd is looking to line-up opponents...hummmmm...Maybe they should call each other??

Comment

PSAC releases information on spring sports. Nothing on spring football.

https://psacsports.org/news/2021/2/2...ring-2021.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                        Let's see...Gannon is playing 4 games and looking for others AND Shepherd is looking to line-up opponents...hummmmm...Maybe they should call each other??
                        Email the Shepard & Gannon coaches. Sounds like a plan, I think with a plethora of games (lax, sb, bb, ws, ms) football fields
                        are tough to come by. I would imagine that's why GU is playing home FB games at the VET in Erie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

Email the Shepard & Gannon coaches. Sounds like a plan, I think with a plethora of games (lax, sb, bb, ws, ms) football fields
                          are tough to come by. I would imagine that's why GU is playing home FB games at the VET in Erie.
                          Do they play in crossover in 2021? If so, that's why they aren't playing in all likelihood.

Comment

I can't substantiate this, but this is a lengthy text I got from a friend about spring football:

"So many question marks still about who shows up in August so coaches are afraid to play anything close to regular football for fear for losing best guys. State schools are mostly online so some out of state guys are home and doing checkins for workout plans with coaches. That keeps them engaged. Colleges [I assume he means privates] are mostly in person for classes and there's fear that disengaged players will question extra cost and leave."

I don't know how much weight I'd put behind that but its certainly possible. I know he doesn't lurk on here so I'm comfortable sharing.

Comment

I can't substantiate this, but this is a lengthy text I got from a friend about spring football:

"So many question marks still about who shows up in August so coaches are afraid to play anything close to regular football for fear for losing best guys. State schools are mostly online so some out of state guys are home and doing checkins for workout plans with coaches. That keeps them engaged. Colleges [I assume he means privates] are mostly in person for classes and there's fear that disengaged players will question extra cost and leave."

I don't know how much weight I'd put behind that but its certainly possible. I know he doesn't lurk on here so I'm comfortable sharing.
                              I believe it ... been saying it all along. No chance teams are risking star players in these glorified scrimmages. And, coaches don't like to lose ... so, they aren't playing a game with a JV team. I suspect we will see very few games this spring.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X