Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    8. Lock Haven (1-2) - How bad is Lincoln? Wow.
    They've given up 51+ points in each of their first three games and scored no more than 13. Granted, their second game was to Div I FCS (MEAC) Del State.
    I can be reached at [email protected].

Comment

• You killed yourself on this post. Bloom will UPSET those scoundrels, well it shouldn't be an UPSET then if its hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony33 View Post

You killed yourself on this post. Bloom will UPSET those scoundrels, well it shouldn't be an UPSET then if its hype.
        Funny part is, even with how overrated Ship was, they still won that game! Dire times in Husky land.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony33 View Post

You killed yourself on this post. Bloom will UPSET those scoundrels, well it shouldn't be an UPSET then if its hype.
          Well, THAT post didn't age well.

Comment

• It's looking more and more like the division was won in September. Kutztown has been clearly the most consistent team in the division, and they should be walking into the state game undefeated barring a misstep at Ship or WCU. Shepherd looks like they might be rounding into form and has a decent shot at one of the lower playoff seeds if they can run the table.

With Bloom and Ship recovering from sluggish starts, the middle tier of the division looks interesting. WCU played one possession games with both Bloom and Ship but won both, the battle against ESU might be yet another. Predictably, ESU has struggled after a soft early schedule, but I still think they are capable of beating either Ship or WCU if they play to their potential. Just need one more win the rest of the way for a winning season, so fingers crossed.

Not sure why people were surprised Millersville beat Lock Haven, from the beginning of the year it was clear Lock Haven was overmatched in every game except the worst team in D2, while Millersville at least beat a legitimate D2 team in Pace. Athletes only go so far, coaching makes a difference and Millersville has the better coaching of the two.

Comment

It's looking more and more like the division was won in September. Kutztown has been clearly the most consistent team in the division, and they should be walking into the state game undefeated barring a misstep at Ship or WCU. Shepherd looks like they might be rounding into form and has a decent shot at one of the lower playoff seeds if they can run the table.

With Bloom and Ship recovering from sluggish starts, the middle tier of the division looks interesting. WCU played one possession games with both Bloom and Ship but won both, the battle against ESU might be yet another. Predictably, ESU has struggled after a soft early schedule, but I still think they are capable of beating either Ship or WCU if they play to their potential. Just need one more win the rest of the way for a winning season, so fingers crossed.

Not sure why people were surprised Millersville beat Lock Haven, from the beginning of the year it was clear Lock Haven was overmatched in every game except the worst team in D2, while Millersville at least beat a legitimate D2 team in Pace. Athletes only go so far, coaching makes a difference and Millersville has the better coaching of the two.

You never know. There's still four weeks to go. One big injury can derail a team quickly. Happens almost every year. November success is usually driven by which team is healthiest.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You never know. There's still four weeks to go. One big injury can derail a team quickly. Happens almost every year. November success is usually driven by which team is healthiest.
                The bothersome thing is that a team with a solid record but a late injury to a crucial player takes a playoff spot that will be hard to defend. There's no way to correct for this but it happens at all levels.

Comment

Overlook Millersville at your own risk. Their win against Pace should be enough proof of that.
                  I guess its safe to say Millersville is really that bad to get shut out by Ship who has been under performing offensively and has given up a ton of points this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post

I guess its safe to say Millersville is really that bad to get shut out by Ship who has been under performing offensively and has given up a ton of points this season.
                    Ship hasn't been too bad the past four weeks. Part of it, of course, is a step down in competition in a couple of those weeks, but there seems to have been some real improvement. Reading a summary of the defensive effort on Saturday, I was pleased to see that three redshirt freshmen and a couple of other underclassmen were prominently featured.

Comment

• With WCU falling to Shepherd and their QB not playing so well will they opt for a dual QB game plan and play both Paul Dooley and Mike Piperno?

Comment

With WCU falling to Shepherd and their QB not playing so well will they opt for a dual QB game plan and play both Paul Dooley and Mike Piperno?
                        Dooley was lifted against Bloomsburg due to an injury incurred earlier in the season. He didn't dress for the Shepherd game and is not listed on the depth chart for their game this Saturday against East Stroudsburg. If/when Dooley is healthy, he will be the quarterback.

The real question for the WCU QB position is if they will let IUP transfer Wilkerson throw the ball. He comes in several times a game, but always to run, rarely to hand off, and almost never to throw.

Comment

• WCU Coach Bill Zwaan told me earlier this week that Dooley tried to play through an earlier injury, and that may have led to some of his turnovers. He told me that rest was the only thing that would help the injury heal, so Dooley will most likely not play this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                            WCU Coach Bill Zwaan told me earlier this week that Dooley tried to play through an earlier injury, and that may have led to some of his turnovers. He told me that rest was the only thing that would help the injury heal, so Dooley will most likely not play this week.
                            Thanks for the info, if they can win against ESU & Bloom that sets up a epic showdown with Kutztown as the Bears probably will be undefeated going into that game and can afford a loss and still backdoor their way into a playoff spot as opposed to WCU who probably needs to win out seeing as though I believe SRU will probably handle any East opponent in the state title game.

Comment

Thanks for the info, if they can win against ESU & Bloom that sets up a epic showdown with Kutztown as the Bears probably will be undefeated going into that game and can afford a loss and still backdoor their way into a playoff spot as opposed to WCU who probably needs to win out seeing as though I believe SRU will probably handle any East opponent in the state title game.
                              Slippery Rock certainly looks good, although Cal and perhaps Kutztown in a state game might be capable of making things interesting for them.

Comment

Some said that last year, too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X