Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D2 Rankings

Originally posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post
    CAn you back that up with anything other than your opinion?
    I think that would be difficult to do, particularly the "100 times better" statement. After all, McPhatter was named PSAC West Defensive Player of the Year, with one more year this fall, while Redfield was not. My opinion, Redfield and McPhatter are two different types of free safeties. Redfield was always in good position to help his teammates in the secondary, which allowed the DBs to play with more confidence, particularly SS Turner, who was named to the All PSAC West team and CB Stevens being named to All PSAC West/All Region/All American teams. McPhatter is a play-maker. He make plays in the backfield, around the box, and in the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post
      CAn you back that up with anything other than your opinion?
      Reidfield is legit, I mean are you kidding me? He started at ND.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          They should with Maxwell.
          Agreed saw this kid on YouTube at Ohio U and he throws darts.

Comment

Comment

Redfield was a 5-Star recruit, according to Rivals and 247Sports

Comment

But McPhatter's one year of D-1 play is nothing to blow your nose on. As a freshman he started in 3 of the 10 games he played in. He finished with 44 total tackles to include 22 solos, 1 sack and 3 pass break ups. His efforts earned him the team's Most Outstanding Freshman. It looks like his play was pretty good.

Comment

Comment

I think the outlook on D-I kids transferring back to the PSAC has been a cyclical thing.

For quite a while, it was considered a huge thing for a program to get a D-I player, especially one who got playing time.

Then we hit the contrarian period, where everyone is quick to point out the rare "misses" with D-I transfers. And I believe the pendulum has swung a little too far the other direction.

There's a reason these guys landed at a major school in the first place, and if they aren't too damaged by the time they get here, they should play a level above the typical PSAC player.

BTW, I fully expect Irv Charles to be one of the success stories.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                        I think the outlook on D-I kids transferring back to the PSAC has been a cyclical thing.

For quite a while, it was considered a huge thing for a program to get a D-I player, especially one who got playing time.

Then we hit the contrarian period, where everyone is quick to point out the rare "misses" with D-I transfers. And I believe the pendulum has swung a little too far the other direction.

There's a reason these guys landed at a major school in the first place, and if they aren't too damaged by the time they get here, they should play a level above the typical PSAC player.

BTW, I fully expect Irv Charles to be one of the success stories.

Comment

• Re: D2 Rankings

Absolutely agree. There's certainly an element of finding one's water level there, too.

Comment

I did not want to use the professional comparison, but you REALLY broke it down rather well. They both play the safety position differently, so it is VERY hard to compare them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                              I did not want to use the professional comparison, but you REALLY broke it down rather well. They both play the safety position differently, so it is VERY hard to compare them.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                                And then there was last years big time receiver transfer from WVU. I did hear a kid from Temple might be coming, but he was a walk on there last year and didn't play.
                                Looks like the Temple player made it on the roster, Coley Laney:

https://iupathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6403

His high School highlights look like he played mostly from the WR spot:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6832271...8d3c09bc0f201d

But I guess with his size, IUP may use him as a pass-catching TE.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X